[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ugghh, Now I have to root for NE

Gourdeau

“I didn’t know what, but I knew I wanted to do something to celebrate him coming home because I understood he really dedicated himself to a life of service and he’s trying to repay what he’s taken from society. I know he has some great ideas and we’re trying to accomplish the same thing when we talk about reform and healing our communities.”

If the quote is really true about Songster then I don't have a problem with it...but I would agree that they kind of need to use this to promote change and/or provide positive influential messages rather then just rewarding someone for doing 30 years of hard time. 

9 minutes ago, Def. said:

If the quote is really true about Songster then I don't have a problem with it...but I would agree that they kind of need to use this to promote change and/or provide positive influential messages rather then just rewarding someone for doing 30 years of hard time. 

All for promoting change and reform for some crimes, Murder? Ehnn not sure and especially not rewarding someone for doing "hard time" he f'ing murdered someone, hard time is the expectation! How about donating these tickets to kids who are in foster homes? Veterans ?  Sick kids/ adults , anyone else other than a convicted murderer sheesh 

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

All for promoting change and reform for some crimes, Murder? Ehnn not sure and especially not rewarding someone for doing "hard time" he f'ing murdered someone, hard time is the expectation! How about donating these tickets to kids who are in foster homes? Veterans ?  Sick kids/ adults , anyone else other than a convicted murderer sheesh 

Straight up, my cousin also murdered someone..still behind bars..i've never had a conversation about it with him, As he is still behind bars (almost 20 years now) i dont have to find a place yet in my head to put my feelings when i do eventually talk to him.  But I also dont know all about the years of abuse he took as this man's hands (Nor was he the only one who suffered abuse).  Ill never justify what he did, but my world isnt black or white either....

47 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Again, its not about absolving him of his crimes which are heinous.  But if he is able to take this opportunity to show/communicate to others why his actions are deplorable to promote change in his society, which unfortunately based off the crack related murder can only be assumed to be heavily gang influenced, then I don't have a problem with Jenkins providing him the ticket. 

Now that being said, would it be my choice?  Absolutely not.  Do I think this specific instance will be used or produce results in the way I explained above?  No I don't.  However I'm not going to condemn a whole team because one of their players choose to go in that direction, even if mistakenly so.  Quite frankly, if we condemn every team for the actions of few or one, then none of them will have any followers...including the Steelers. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Def. said:

Again, its not about absolving him of his crimes which are heinous.  But if he is able to take this opportunity to show/communicate to others why his actions are deplorable to promote change in his society, which unfortunately based off the crack related murder can only be assumed to be heavily gang influenced, then I don't have a problem with Jenkins providing him the ticket. 

Now that being said, would it be my choice?  Absolutely not.  Do I think this specific instance will be used or produce results in the way I explained above?  No I don't.  However I'm not going to condemn a whole team because one of their players choose to go in that direction, even if mistakenly so.  Quite frankly, if we condemn every team for the actions of few or one, then none of them will have any followers...including the Steelers. 

Fair points Def

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

wait, he killed someone who was abusing him and others? You're implying that the "victim" of the murder was a child abuser? Is that correct?

if so, it's screwed up that a jury found your cousin guilty as your cousin should've been giving an award. If you believe that he was abused, then you've done him a disservice by never speaking to him. If he was abused, he did the right thing.

Yup, but it was premeditated.   Got minimum 25 years... it's taken me a while to evolve in my feelings.  Getting married, having kids of my own.  I used to be alot more black and white, it was easy to speak up and be opinionated when it was someone else's family, someone elses son, daughter, brother... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

Pats vs Steelers/Ravens in the playoffs....and you can’t root for the meteor...?

Yep, Ravens/Steelers AFC title game some years back, made me sick knowing one of them was going to SB. But I still watched, think we were rooting for for locusts.