[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let’s talk about John Brown.

NYpkBLUE22

In my .5ppr league league he’s put up

I finally have him in my lineup as a Flex this week against the Browns. What’s everybody doing with him?

Selling? If so who did you get.

Buying? Who are you offering?

or just straight up playing him?

569E5C1C-0E44-4959-9178-60D37DF16A16.jpeg

Believe it or not, he is still on FCFS in one of my leagues (small rosters).

I'm thinking of dropping Fuller for him, but Fuller is much more productive when healthy.

BAL offense is looking the best it has in a long time.

I drafted him in both of my leagues and traded him in both of my leagues. John Brown has always been a big play receiver, similar to Desean Jackson. And that's exactly the reason I traded him. He doesn't catch a lot of balls, but makes big plays on his few receptions. In other words, he's a boom or bust. After his injury history is added into the equation, I decided to sell high while he's booming. 

Edited by Shaft

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

I drafted him in both of my leagues and traded him in both of my leagues. John Brown has always been a big play receiver, similar to Desean Jackson. And that's exactly the reason I traded him. He doesn't catch a lot of balls, but makes big plays on his few receptions. In other words, he's a boom or bust. After his injury history is added into the equation, I decided to sell high while he's booming. 

You are dead on about him. He's a starter - until he gets his obligatory hammy injury. I'm seeing what I can get for him while I can trade high also. But if he can stay healthy he's got the right QB to match his game.

I had him in my staring lineup until the last minute a week ago when I switched him out for Mike Williams. Bad move on my part (not that it really mattered since I won by a hefty margin)

ATM he’s my flex, although I’m looking at some trade options and am open to moving him depending what I can get in return 

Hes the Ravens No. 1 receiver. If some of yall are worried about his injury history, most of it had to do with his sickle cell. Playing in Baltimore is a better environment for him, so theres that.

Hes also in the best position of his career, team/scheme wise. And his target average isn't really that low.

I'm not so eager to sell him

My problem is that the team I have him on also has Amari Cooper, Cooper Kupp, Calvin Ridley, Josh Gordan and Kenny Golladay. If I had only three of those I'd be happy. Having them all, especially when Gordan gets involved in the Patrriot offense, makes choosing just three an exercise in hindsight every week. I trolled for potential trades and haven't been offered anything near value. Owners like to point to Ridley being my 14th round pick instead of the 6 td's he has already and similar with the rest.

14 minutes ago, Tripleshot said:

My problem is that the team I have him on also has Amari Cooper, Cooper Kupp, Calvin Ridley, Josh Gordan and Kenny Golladay. If I had only three of those I'd be happy. Having them all, especially when Gordan gets involved in the Patrriot offense, makes choosing just three an exercise in hindsight every week. I trolled for potential trades and haven't been offered anything near value. Owners like to point to Ridley being my 14th round pick instead of the 6 td's he has already and similar with the rest.

If that is the reasoning of your league owners trading must be near impossible. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

If that is the reasoning of your league owners trading must be near impossible. 

I deal with that in my league and it is near impossible. “Bro you drafted Cooks in the 5th round he’s only worth _____” despite being one of the better receivers so far this year. 

Which is is why nobody is interested in John Brown. Undrafted in my league so he’s “just a waiver wire pickup”.........

4 hours ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

I deal with that in my league and it is near impossible. “Bro you drafted Cooks in the 5th round he’s only worth _____” despite being one of the better receivers so far this year. 

Which is is why nobody is interested in John Brown. Undrafted in my league so he’s “just a waiver wire pickup”.........

This, in my crusty old man league.