[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roll without a kicker this week?

Calculated

My kicker is Wil Lutz and since he's on bye this week I either have to drop him and pick up another kicker, or just roll with the 0 points this week.  No one on my team is droppable in my opinion:

QB - Cousins

RB - Gurley, Conner, Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Royce Freeman, Clement

WR - Adams, Diggs, Landry, Edelman, Ridley

TE - Kittle

K - Lutz

D/ST - Stream (Jets this week)

I'm currently 4-1 and average 147 points per week (0.5 ppr) and my opponent averages 104 points per week.  Should I drop Lutz to have a startable kicker, but potentially not get him back on waivers next week?  Or should I hold onto him and hope my lineup keeps performing as well as it has so far?

I would wait til Saturday or Sunday morning and drop Clement for a new kicker. That way no one else can pick him up prior to the game, and he’ll be in a committee with Smallwood anyway, so I think he’s the most droppable. 

3 minutes ago, tdybaz said:

I would wait til Saturday or Sunday morning and drop Clement for a new kicker. That way no one else can pick him up prior to the game, and he’ll be in a committee with Smallwood anyway, so I think he’s the most droppable. 

I'm not sure you can drop a player after he's played that week.  But why not just drop your kicker, pickup a random kicker, and then try and get Lutz back next week?  Are people really going to jump all over a kicker not named Justin Tucker?

As far as Clement goes, I just picked him up off waivers this week and spent some decent FAAB. I like him ROS, so long as Eagles don't trade for/sign someone; wanted to roster him a lot more than picking up a second kicker.  I think Lutz is the most droppable, but with these past few weeks of kickers missing left and right I'd think someone like Lutz (and his team's explosive offense) who you can count on every week is important to have.  That's my only concern.  I'll probably just end up dropping him for another kicker, but I'm still a bit hesitant in doing so.

37 minutes ago, Vikings>Packers said:

I'm not sure you can drop a player after he's played that week.  But why not just drop your kicker, pickup a random kicker, and then try and get Lutz back next week?  Are people really going to jump all over a kicker not named Justin Tucker?

Tucker is only 5 pts ahead of Lutz...….

I'm pretty biased since my kicker play has made a HUGE difference in 2 games. If I didn't have that extra 10-12 points from Lutz I would be 2-3 instead of 4-1

Edited by MrMomFister

38 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

How is your Defensive scoring in the league? Would you be better off going withou a defense this week and grab another kicker?

It's just whatever the normal Yahoo settings are - Interception: 1, Fumble recovery: 2, TD: 6, and 10 to -4 points based on however many points they let up.  The defenses I've streamed through the past 3 weeks have put up some monster weeks though.  Pittsburgh had 17 week 3, Green Bay had 23 week 4, and Cincinnati had 22 week 5.  Currently have the Jets vs. Indy this week.