[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Removing Owner

Gourdeau

20 minutes ago, Chaim Witz said:

I'm not sure if the OP ever answered the question about the guy's record in the league? This is something I am curious about.

“Won’t trade his best players, dominates the league, he must go” lmao

2 hours ago, pegos said:

“Won’t trade his best players, dominates the league, he must go” lmao

2 hours ago, Chaim Witz said:

I'm not sure if the OP ever answered the question about the guy's record in the league? This is something I am curious about.

He's been dead last the last 2 years, won total of 4 games the last 2 years, this year he's 2-5

19 minutes ago, Roamingbull said:

To the immediate issue, ask him to move on after the season. Put out feelers among your friends you need a replacement. If no one out of 9 guys can get someone to participate by next draft, then you may have deeper issues. 

Mentioned earlier we have a few replacements in line already. I agree with all the points mentioned by everyone, even the fact that my big bro is being a bit of a baby LOL. i'm in a tough spot. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i didn't realize there was anything interesting about canada. still not sure.

what I can tell ya is we don't kill each other up here too too much. It's a nice friendly place to live, about to get even nicer, weed is legal as of October 17th :wacko:

That's some damn good BBQ...probably some of the best I've ever had, but we get spoiled around here.  I really like Black's down in Lockhart, and they just moved a store into Austin as well.  La Barbeque, and Micklethwait are really good as well.  There are so many with a couple of different styles...you're sure to find somewhere you like.

Now ask me about the breakfast tacos... :)

34 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

That's some damn good BBQ...probably some of the best I've ever had, but we get spoiled around here.  I really like Black's down in Lockhart, and they just moved a store into Austin as well.  La Barbeque, and Micklethwait are really good as well.  There are so many with a couple of different styles...you're sure to find somewhere you like.

Now ask me about the breakfast tacos... :)

I gave him a link to Blacks in his post. 

We are used to breakfast tacos here too. So good.

There has got to be more to this than "not socializing". You and your league mates were thrilled that he didn't make the trip to Pittsburgh and Philly. He arrives for the draft in a timely fashion and leaves 5 minutes afterwards and generally does not involve himself with the league socially. If he is a total d-bag count your blessings that he doesn't socialize.

Do he ruin your trip to Philly and Pittsburgh, because he didn't go? Doesn't sound like it. Did you miss him right after the draft?

If he doesn't respond to trades, don't send him offers. If he's not involved in trading does that wreck the league?

It is entirely possible that your local league would be more fun with a more compatible owner, but I agree with others who think you should place this entirely on the backs of your brother and his supporters. They need to encouraged him to resign and let him know it is not Commish decision. Your brother and his supporters are also responsible for securing a new owner. 

On 10/27/2018 at 9:55 PM, panhead55 said:

There has got to be more to this than "not socializing". You and your league mates were thrilled that he didn't make the trip to Pittsburgh and Philly. He arrives for the draft in a timely fashion and leaves 5 minutes afterwards and generally does not involve himself with the league socially. If he is a total d-bag count your blessings that he doesn't socialize.

Do he ruin your trip to Philly and Pittsburgh, because he didn't go? Doesn't sound like it. Did you miss him right after the draft?

If he doesn't respond to trades, don't send him offers. If he's not involved in trading does that wreck the league?

It is entirely possible that your local league would be more fun with a more compatible owner, but I agree with others who think you should place this entirely on the backs of your brother and his supporters. They need to encouraged him to resign and let him know it is not Commish decision. Your brother and his supporters are also responsible for securing a new owner. 

On 10/27/2018 at 10:05 PM, LordOpie said:

plus, I'd say about half of all owners I've ever played with over the many years trade almost not at all. At least half of them never respond or offer. I don't mean they don't trade with me, I mean, they don' trade with anyone.

Heck, there's one guy in our league who got divorced almost a year ago and probably hasn't made a trade with anyone in over two years. Another got married a year ago and had a baby some months back.

Some people don't like to or really know how to trade. Some people just have too much going on in real-life to care. But if only one owner isn't active, then that league is doing really well, in that regard.

Great points both of you

• Thanks 1