[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers or Philip Rivers?

FantasyBot

Championship week! 2 QB League and already have Drew Brees slotted. Need to decide between Philip Rivers vs Baltimore or Aaron Rodgers vs the Jets. Seems like Rodgers is healthy and ready to go, but Rivers will be at home with potential 1st place on the line. Who would you start? 

Rodgers without question, change that up quickly. 

Edited by irish

Just now, FantasyBot said:

Interesting. Why do you think Rodgers over Rivers?

First of all matchup.  I just think he has a better game.  But i understand if you started rivers still as he's safer to play the entire game. If you want a safer floor, than rivers. I just like Rodgers' upside. 

Rivers faces a much tougher defense, but Rivers is playing for home field advantage in the playoffs and Rodgers is playng for pride.  I'll take the player that has more on the line and that is Rivers.  Rivers definitely has more of a sense of urgency.  Rivers is hot lately, Rodgers is not.  I'll have to disagree with the above post and I'd play Rivers (even if Allen sits).  

Either way, you are in a good position

55 minutes ago, irish said:

I hope you started Rodgers. 

Oh I wish I did. At least I had Justin Tucker :) Bonehead move, hoping my opponents QB's Mahomes or Luck has a bad game and Brees does much better than predicted. Not out of it yet, but put myself in a tough situation. 

12 hours ago, FantasyBot said:

Oh I wish I did. At least I had Justin Tucker :) Bonehead move, hoping my opponents QB's Mahomes or Luck has a bad game and Brees does much better than predicted. Not out of it yet, but put myself in a tough situation. 

Sorry to hear that, i tried but everyone else was in favor of Rivers and that was too convincing/reassuring.  Can't blame ya. GL!

Edited by irish

12 hours ago, irish said:

Sorry to hear that, i tried but everyone else was in favor if Rivers and that was too convincing/reassuring.  Can't blame ya. GL!

yup...  I was completely wrong on this one.  I thought for sure that Rivers would kill it last night. 

That's why you give advice and I take it  And not the other way around.  :nono:

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yup...  I was completely wrong on this one.  I thought for sure that Rivers would kill it last night. 

That's why you give advice and I take it  And not the other way around.  :nono:

Eh, so many times it's such a crap shoot, even the best are wrong a huge percentage of the time. 

All you can do is base your decision on as many factors as you can and realize that there is never a right answer. I got hurt by several guys this week (K Allen, Zeke, Mack) but I put my faith in Rodgers over Mayfield and was rewarded with 40+ points which helped cover my other sub par performances.

37 minutes ago, Tasandmnm said:

All you can do is base your decision on as many factors as you can and realize that there is never a right answer. I got hurt by several guys this week (K Allen, Zeke, Mack) but I put my faith in Rodgers over Mayfield and was rewarded with 40+ points which helped cover my other sub par performances.

You're right and glad you played Rodgers. Ertz, Kamara and Brown have me up going into tonight. Predicted to win now but that can change on the first drive! Good luck!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FantasyBot said:

You're right and glad you played Rodgers. Ertz, Kamara and Brown have me up going into tonight. Predicted to win now but that can change on the first drive! Good luck!

Rivers killed me as well. I got lucky that Ertz, McCaffrey, AB, Titans D, etc., bailed me out. It was a nail biter but I pulled it off. Not so lucky in another league where I lost by 8. Unfortunately that's the breaks in Fantasy Football.