[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tannehill traded to TEN

DMD

13 minutes ago, DMD said:

He'll be a backup the rest of his days while MIA enters the Rookie QB Derby in earnest.

He'll get playing time because Mariota is always banged up.  I'm curious what Tennessee plans to do when they are both injured, which I can virtually guarantee will happen at some point. 

So you think Dolphins draft a QB?  I think they are looking to get Bortles or Rosen.  A Bortlenose Dolphin sounds just about right.

Edited by Dcat

They own the 1.13 which might be good enough to reach Drew Lock. They have to get a rookie QB even though they should grab a veteran QB as well. But the Fins are not shaping up as a fantasy force for 2019.

2 minutes ago, DMD said:

They own the 1.13 which might be good enough to reach Drew Lock. They have to get a rookie QB even though they should grab a veteran QB as well. But the Fins are not shaping up as a fantasy force for 2019.

No love for the Drake?  He might be the most productive dolphin in 2019.

9 minutes ago, DMD said:

NO!  No QB! 

The tank is here my friends.  Bring on garbage time Bortles!  We need losers here till the 2020 draft!  :yay:

Oh and ya, its gonna be a long shameful year.  :bag:

• Haha 1

No drafting of a QB this year. I hope they don't sign a veteran, they are fine with Luke Falk for this year, heck even next year. I am fully on board with sucking all the way until 2021 for Lawrence. Not a real big fan of tank for Tua, I would rather tank a year longer for Lawrence.

2 minutes ago, blaw23 said:

No drafting of a QB this year. I hope they don't sign a veteran, they are fine with Luke Falk for this year, heck even next year. I am fully on board with sucking all the way until 2021 for Lawrence. Not a real big fan of tank for Tua, I would rather tank a year longer for Lawrence.

Totally agree! 

39 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

I dont get this by the titans, they help Mia clear his 38 million contract and send a 2020 4th?  Shocked the 6th wasnt enough to get this done

Tannehill's remaining contract wasn't guaranteed.  So he was going to be cut without any penalty to Miami.  Instead, his old contract was ripped up and he signed a new contract for $7 million with Miami paying $5 million of it.  So Miami essentially paid $5 million in cash and salary cap space to acquire the draft pick.  It is a bit strange since Tennessee doesn't have any salary cap issues.  Maybe the Adams' Family is having financial difficulties.  I can't remember any instance of this type of trade ever happening previously.

4 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Tannehill's remaining contract wasn't guaranteed.  So he was going to be cut without any penalty to Miami.  Instead, his old contract was ripped up and he signed a new contract for $7 million with Miami paying $5 million of it.  So Miami essentially paid $5 million in cash and salary cap space to acquire the draft pick.  It is a bit strange since Tennessee doesn't have any salary cap issues.  Maybe the Adams' Family is having financial difficulties.  I can't remember any instance of this type of trade ever happening previously.

There's a reason. There has to be something up with Mariotta and this is an insurance policy. That's the only way this makes sense at all. I bet there are draft picks on the backside coming 

Edited by League_Champion