[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cedric Benson has passed away

Shaft

On 8/18/2019 at 12:14 PM, LordOpie said:

"journalism" has gotten so disappointing these days. Different articles have different "facts". One says he his the van, another says the van hit him. one says that one of the vehicles caught on fire, but they didn't know which one. How about making some phone calls to fact check before posting the article?

His vehicle collided with a van, he was on a motorcycle didn't matter in the end who hit who. 

As a rider and one who has read a lot of reports on motorcycle accidents, it is likely that the van pulled out in front of him, and he couldn't stop in time and hit it. The van didn't hit him, he hit the van, but the van was at fault.

But yes, journalism is pretty poor these days, and a major reason is the desire to be first to report it, and the unwillingness to go back and correct stories or add more details. 

I also (in motorcycle accident reports) look for info on what if any safety gear was being worn by the riders. I won't ride without a helmet, and usually wear my full protective gear that includes armored textile jacket/pants, over the ankle boots and good gloves. Still no guarantee you survive or come away without major injuries. But almost certainly have a better chance with proper equipment. 

RIP  Cedric

• Like 1

As both a Longhorn and Bear fan this one hit me hard.  Cedric had some serious demons, not saying that in any way caused this, but man he had some problems and for a while there I expected him to really go off the deep end.  He has left us far too early.  RIP man, hope your soul is at peace.

• Like 2