[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals vs Steelers

League_Champion

13 hours ago, Big John said:

They play the Dolphins this year.

A lot of the really bad and currently winless teams will be playing each other this year. Only Denver misses out on facing one of them, while every other team has at least 2 such games. Of course no guarantee these teams are still winless for any of these meetings. (Note that a tie means they are technically still winless.)

MIA-NYJ twice, NYJ-WAS, AZ-CIN, NYJ-CIN, CIN-MIA, WAS-MIA

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

A lot of the really bad and currently winless teams will be playing each other this year. Only Denver misses out on facing one of them, while every other team has at least 2 such games. Of course no guarantee these teams are still winless for any of these meetings. (Note that a tie means they are technically still winless.)

MIA-NYJ twice, NYJ-WAS, AZ-CIN, NYJ-CIN, CIN-MIA, WAS-MIA

Please tell me none of those are Thursday or Sunday night games. 

Edited by League_Champion

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Please tell me none of those are Thursday or Sunday night games. 

Does not appear that they are, but I'll probably be getting most of the CIN games in my market. 

Most should be buried in Sunday afternoon regional coverage, only to the markets of those 2 horrible teams. 

The Browns do face all of these except WAS, and with CIN twice that's 5 games against currently winless teams, 4 remaining all in the second half of season. 

Listening to talking heads today talk about how this win means nothing, I just laugh. 

Coming into week 4 the Steelers lost to 3 teams with a combined 8-1 record 2 of which have 1st ballot hall of fame qbs and hall of fame coaches. 2 of those 3 games had a combined spread of 7 points ( 4 and 3) both with a Rookie starter at QB. In Week 4 They then destroy the Bengals on both sides or the ball and people say meh, the Bengals are trash so we can't think too much of it. 

In the same breath, The Patriots coming into week 4 beat 3 teams with a combined 0-9 record. One of those teams is quite possibly the worst NFL team in history, the second team was down to their 3rd QB with exactly 0 nfl starts, 3 starters on defense out and the 3rd team they beat was that very team which is apparently pure garbage. In week 4 they then barely escape by the skin of their teeth to the Matt Barkley led Bills and yet they are unequivocally the top defense and best team overall in the NFL. Can't have your cake and eat it too folks.

Am I saying the Steelers are all of a sudden going to run the table or even make the playoffs ? Nope not for a second. But I do think there is way too much conjecture without actually looking at facts, schedules, personnel etc. 

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Listening to talking heads today talk about how this win means nothing, I just laugh. 

Coming into week 4 the Steelers lost to 3 teams with a combined 8-1 record 2 of which have 1st ballot hall of fame qbs and hall of fame coaches. 2 of those 3 games had a combined spread of 7 points ( 4 and 3) both with a Rookie starter at QB. In Week 4 They then destroy the Bengals on both sides or the ball and people say meh, the Bengals are trash so we can't think too much of it. 

In the same breath, The Patriots coming into week 4 beat 3 teams with a combined 0-9 record. One of those teams is quite possibly the worst NFL team in history, the second team was down to their 3rd QB with exactly 0 nfl starts, 3 starters on defense out and the 3rd team they beat was that very team which is apparently pure garbage. In week 4 they then barely escape by the skin of their teeth to the Matt Barkley led Bills and yet they are unequivocally the top defense and best team overall in the NFL. Can't have your cake and eat it too folks.

Am I saying the Steelers are all of a sudden going to run the table or even make the playoffs ? Nope not for a second. But I do think there is way too much conjecture without actually looking at facts, schedules, personnel etc. 

That Cincinnati team is absolutely terrible though. One of the worst teams I've seen in a while. I wouldn't take a dam thing out of that win expect that 1-3 is better than 0-4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

I think the guys on the radio are right, it is a meh win over a crappy team. Their 3 losses were to 3 good teams, but lets not put SF and SEA on NE's level just yet. 

I don't think anybody in the media is saying the Pats are awesome because of who they beat or how, but they are defending SB champs, and a perennial title contender, and so far undefeated. They should not be counted out until they lose. The Steelers while very good and contending at times as well are just not on that same level, nobody is. That combined with the 0-3 start and beating a lousy team means they're still considered not very good. (NFL.com power rankings have them at 26, same as before they beat the Bengals who are 27.) 

As for teams being without starters and sucking, the Browns were without about 7-8 starters and gave the Rams a good battle, and were still missing about 5 starters when they thrashed the Ravens on Sunday.