[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't bet against the Bears just yet!

Monsters Of The Midway

Colts could be missing both starting guardsNovember 17, 2004INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The Indianapolis Colts could be without their starting guards Sunday against Chicago.Tupe Peko didn't practice Wednesday because he hurt his right foot in last week's 49-14 victory over Houston. Rick DeMulling has been limited in practice because of a bruised chest. He was replaced in the starting lineup last week by rookie Jake Scott.And the Colts were dealt another blow Wednesday when backup guard Makoa Freitas could not practice because he hurt his back lifting weights Monday. If Freitas can't play, coach Tony Dungy said rookie Ryan Lilja would likely make his first NFL start.The Colts also put offensive lineman Trevor Hutton on the active roster, signed offensive lineman Joe Iorio to the practice squad and released tight end Bryan Fletcher.

This is probably the only way Chicago can keep up with the Colts. If Chicago's front four can get pressure on Manning, I think our beloved Bears can keep it close.

From what I hear, Tupe Peko is out with a high ankle sprain. Jake Scott is a very adequate replacement at guard. I really think either DeMulling or Freitas will play, and it won't make much of a difference. The Colts have one of the best offensive line coaches in Howard Mudd. That being said, I am not confident about this game at all. Bears special teams have been playing well, and the Colts kickoff and punt return coverage units have not. I seem to remember the Colts being in a similar situation 4 years ago heading to Soldier Field, and losing the game. I remember it well, I was there . . .

Edited by CaptainHook

This is probably the only way Chicago can keep up with the Colts.  If Chicago's front four can get pressure on Manning, I think our beloved Bears can keep it close.

561021[/snapback]

At least there's hope ... :D

And heck, this week, I'm going with Mathis as IDP, so the more time the CHI offense stays on the field, the better chances are that Mathis gets a couple sacks ... :D

From what I hear, Tupe Peko is out with a high ankle sprain.  Jake Scott is a very adequate replacement at guard.  I really think either DeMulling or Freitas will play, and it won't make much of a difference.  The Colts have one of the best offensive line coaches in Howard Mudd. That being said,  I am not confident about this game at all.  Bears special teams have been playing well, and the Colts kickoff and punt return coverage units have not.  I seem to remember the Colts being in a similar situation 4 years ago heading to Soldier Field, and losing the game.  I remember it well, I was there . . .

561028[/snapback]

Bears jumped out to a 20-0 lead in the first half...it might have been the only interception return for a touchdown Walt Harris had in his entire career.

The Bears hung on for dear life, and if you Captain, remember that game well, I can only imagine how much it's been burning inside Manning.

If the Colts lose this game, it'll be because of their defense or special teams. It WON'T be because of their offensive line. Even if Manning didn't have adequate time to make five-step dropbacks, they'd exploit the hell out of the Bears D with short passes to Pollard, Clark, and Edge.

And heck, this week, I'm going with Mathis as IDP, so the more time the CHI offense stays on the field, the better chances are that Mathis gets a couple sacks ...  B)

561030[/snapback]

Indy allows almost 300 yds. per game thru the air :eek: ...although probably a bit inflated seeing as most teams are behind & forced to throw. the Bears will have to establish the run & keep Manning off the field.... maybe another score on D. :D

EDITED to ADD -

Speaking of IDP studs...... get ahold of bob sanders in that Colts secondary.... kid's a grade-A stud. :D He's averaged 21 +- points in the 3 games he started since Doss got hurt..... hard for Dungy to keep him outta the lineup.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

Bears jumped out to a 20-0 lead in the first half...it might have been the only interception return for a touchdown Walt Harris had in his entire career.

The Bears hung on for dear life, and if you Captain, remember that game well, I can only imagine how much it's been burning inside Manning.

561374[/snapback]

Marcus Robinson's 34 yard TD came on fourth and one.

Bears converted a fake FG.

Urlacher put the hardest hit on Edge I've ever seen him take.

Colts still came back, recovering the onside kick, only to fumble the ball. Bears won 27-24. This mouthy Bear fan was in my ear all day. It looked like he was gonna crap his pants when the Colts recovered that kick. LOL.

Speaking of IDP studs...... get ahold of bob sanders in that Colts secondary.... kid's a grade-A stud. :D He's averaged 21 +- points in the 3 games he started since Doss got hurt..... hard for Dungy to keep him outta the lineup.

561412[/snapback]

No way does he leave the lineup again, imo. He is a beast.

At least there's hope ...  :D

And heck, this week, I'm going with Mathis as IDP, so the more time the CHI offense stays on the field, the better chances are that Mathis gets a couple sacks ...  :D

561030[/snapback]

Are you joking?The defense does the scoring here....it's 3 and out all day for these guys.And to minimize mistakes I see ALOT of run plays called.Sack totals just hit the crapper,although you might get a pick or a fumble from the hapless Krenzel.God,you would almost think I wasn't a Bear fan!

Update:

Tupe Peko is still OUT with the hight ankle sprain.

DeMulling practiced briefly today and will be a game time decision.

Freitas felt better today from straining his back lifting weights earlier in the week. He too will probably be a game time decision.

Lilja and Scott have got most of the practice work so far this week.

I'm going to pull my best "DMD" because I am bored...

Indy

QB Manning: 390 passing yards, 2 TDs

RB Edge: 110 rushing yards, 1 TD, 20 receiving yards

WR Harrison: 90 receiving yards

WR Wayne: 110 receving yards

WR Stokley: 70 receving yards, 1 TD

TE Clark: 45 receving yards, 1 TD

TE Pollard: 30 receiving yards

K Vandy: 3 XPs, 1 FG

Chicago

QB Krenzel: 230 passing yards

RB Jones: 90 rushing yards, 1TD, 30 receving yards

WR Wade: 70 receiving yards

WR Terrell: 40 receving yards

WR Berrian: 60 receiving yards

TE Clark: 15 receving yards

K Edinger: 2 XP, 2 FG

KR RW McQuarters: 1 TD

This is going to be a game of field position. Chicago will keep it close due to special teams. Indy's PR/KR defense is horrendous whereas Azumah and RW have been excellent returners this year. Maynard has put 20 balls inside the 20 and has an average return of 7.1 yards. Even though Chicago's offense is like a dead cow behind Krenzel, they will have better starting field position all day. If Krenzel can manage 1 or 2 good plays, he'll keep the Bears in the running. Having Jones back will be a huge boost for our offense, too. Look for Peyton and Indy to put up some gaudy yardage but, they're not going to put up the 5 or 6 TD performance that some of you are expecting.

Edited by Monsters Of The Midway

How can you tell us not to bet against the Bears when you obviously have no faith in them either?

564679[/snapback]

Maybe he was accounting for the spread? :D

Last I saw it was 7 1/2.

Indy: 41

Chicago: 3

563532[/snapback]

How can you tell us not to bet against the Bears when you obviously have no faith in them either?

564679[/snapback]

Don't be assuming knicker boy. "Obviously no faith"? I have full faith in the Bears. However, it's a matter of reality vs. fantasy. By me predicting the Colts to only win by 4 is nothing but faith in Chicago's defense. I have faith that Chicago will hold Indy to their lowest score of the season. The point spread is somewhere between 7 and 7 1/2. As you can see by jazzys2's prediction, not many people are expecting the Bears to cover the spread. I'm saying: don't bet against the Bears just yet.

If you haven't learned anything about football all year, let me give you one valuable gambling lesson... NEVER bet against or for the Bears. If you've got the "gambling itch", choose a different game to bet on.

In the Weekly Blitz, I am betting against the Bears. I will hardly ever put my own money up in a game that they play. The exception was their SuperBowl run.

This week, I believe the defensive matchups just don't bode well for the Bears. If the Giants were a called penalty away from being down 20-0, I can only imagine how much they'll get caught off guard in the 1st Quarter against the Colts.

I predict a 14-0 defecit right out of the box here.

Weather should be fine, nothing is going to slow the Colts down IMO.