[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Edge get a score on Turkey Day?

Big Score 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd and 2 the Lions stack the Line to stop Edge. Hand off to Edge, defender grabs his Edge's face mask, but Edge plows along for another 10 yards.

1st & 10 at the 12 and Edge gets a couple more yards.

Then what else......Manning passes for TD # 5 :D

Edited by Big Score 1

Well it's 27 to 9 at the half.

Edge is clicking along at almost a 7 ypc avg.

Do the Colts go to the ground game in the 2nd half?

Or does Manning just continue pouring it on?

575443[/snapback]

He's going for 8 TD's today. Then he's going to go eat a Turkey Day Dinner somewhere where he will no doubt use the following line:

Hey today I got eight before I ate.

Go Manning!!

OK the Colts were up 27 to 9 and totally dominating the Lions.

They get down to where they're at the Lions 10 and Manning's still throwing for TD's.

Anyone who still thinks Manning isn't gunning for the record is delusional :D

OK the Colts were up 27 to 9 and totally dominating the Lions.

They get down to where they're at the Lions 10 and Manning's still throwing for TD's.

Anyone who still thinks Manning isn't gunning for the record is delusional :D

575477[/snapback]

For me it's never been a question whether or not Manning wanted the record. Of course he wants the record. Just like Marino doesn't want him to get the record.

I have just been saying to all of the Edge owners that despite everything that Manning is doing this year they are still getting better production out of him this year than they did get or would have gotten from him last year, if they had him last year.

Arguably two of the biggest deciding factors in choosing a player to draft is, how they did last year and whether or not they can match or improve on that this year.

If last years performance was good enough to make you decide to draft Edge and this years performance is better, then what do they have to complain about?

I have just been saying to all of the Edge owners that despite everything that Manning is doing this year they are still getting better production out of him this year than they did get or would have gotten from him last year, if they had him last year.

Arguably two of the biggest deciding factors in choosing a player to draft is, how  they did last year and whether or not they can match or improve on that this year.

If last years performance was good enough to make you decide to draft Edge and this years performance is better, then what do they have to complain about?

575482[/snapback]

Thing is, if you watched Edge last year towards the end, you saw he was back and was SCORING!!!

This year he's performing much as how he closed out the season last year (if not better), except he's not SCORING!!!

As I type, TD Colts from the 4 yard line....and it's what else.....a Manning pass.

Manning = 6 TD's

Edge = 0 TD's

:D

Arguably two of the biggest deciding factors in choosing a player to draft is, how  they did last year and whether or not they can match or improve on that this year.

575482[/snapback]

You're smoking crack. Edge had 11 TD's last year, he has 6 now. How many more do you think he is going to get this year? In a performance league with 1 pt per 20 yds rushing that is decreasing his production.............

Thing is, if you watched Edge last year towards the end, you saw he was back and was SCORING!!!

This year he's performing much as how he closed out the season last year (if not better), except he's not SCORING!!!

As I type, TD Colts from the 4 yard line....and it's what else.....a Manning pass.

Manning = 6 TD's

Edge = 0 TD's

:D

575489[/snapback]

But he's still a TOP 5 FANTASY RB This year.

How is that bad?

6 down 2 to go.

But he's still a TOP 5 FANTASY RB This year.

How is that bad?

6 down 2 to go.

575493[/snapback]

Read this third paragraph from one of your own post for the answer.

575482[/snapback]

He's also less than 5 points away from breaking my Fantasy Leagues record for points in a game by a QB.

And I ain't afraid to admit I want that dang record.

Manning get up off your arse and get back in the dam game.

575501[/snapback]

NOW, at least Edge might get that TD after all :D

NOW, at least Edge might get that TD after all  :D

575505[/snapback]

Nah.

Now that they've got the Rookie Sorgi in and they're going to obvious Running formations with a two TE, two WR's set, the Colts will be lucky to sniff the red zone again.

You're smoking crack.  Edge had 11 TD's last year, he has 6 now.  How many more do you think he is going to get this year?  In a performance league with 1 pt per 20 yds rushing that is decreasing his production.............

575492[/snapback]

ok Phenom

I looked at last years numbers for Edge. I extrapolated those numbers out for a full 16 game season since Edge did miss three games last year.

Assuming the 1 point for every 20 yds rushing also applied to 1 point for every 20 yds receiving and that all TD's are 6 points Edge would have finished the year with 1542 yds rushing, 416 yds receiving and 13 TD's which would have given him 175 points last year. Lost Fumbles notwithstanding. In reality he only scored about 143 points last year when you don't extrapolate his stats out for the games missed.

This year if he stays just at the pace that he is on right now he will finish with over 1700 yds rushing and over 500 yds receiving and just about 10 TDS. That would give him 170 points. Again Lost Fumbles notwithstanding.

So you're right his production is down. It's down an average of less than a third of a point per week.

So I would have been more accurate to say that his production is staying exactly the same as last year despite Manning's great season thus far.

And barring injury you will get his production for the entire season this year instead of only getting 13 games like last year.

Yep that's it.

And the winner is...drum roll please....

ROCKNE

You kidding me? National TV? Manning will probably throw six 1yd TD's!

569374[/snapback]

They weren't all 1 yd TD's, but he called 6 TD's for Manning and none for Edge.

Nice call ROCKNE :D

ok Phenom

I looked at last years numbers for Edge. I extrapolated those numbers out for a full 16 game season since Edge did miss three games last year.

Assuming the 1 point for every 20 yds rushing also applied to 1 point for every 20 yds receiving and that all TD's are 6 points Edge would have finished the year with 1542 yds rushing, 416 yds receiving and 13 TD's which would have given him 175 points last year. Lost Fumbles notwithstanding. In reality he only scored about 143 points last year when you don't extrapolate his stats out for the games missed.

This year if he stays just at the pace that he is on right now he will finish with over 1700 yds rushing and over 500 yds receiving and just about 10 TDS. That would give him 170 points. Again Lost Fumbles notwithstanding.

So you're right his production is down. It's down an average of  less than a third of a point per week.

So I would have been more accurate to say that his production is staying exactly the same as last year despite Manning's great season thus far.

And barring injury you will get his production for the entire season this year instead of only getting 13 games like last year.

575518[/snapback]

Personally I looked at Edge's numbers from how he was doing at the end of the year.

He looked to be alomost two different players last year. There was the Edge who played the first part of the year. Then a break for injury. Then there was Edge for the rest of the year. It was like night and day.

I think a lot of fantasy Owners might've drafted Edge expecting the Edge of the second half.

And they would've been right on except for one thing. No End Zone love. Manning is most definitely gobbling all that, no doubt in my mind.

ok Phenom

So you're right his production is down. It's down an average of  less than a third of a point per week.

575518[/snapback]

You are being awfully optimistic that Edge is going to get 4 more TD's the rest of the way. He got 5 of his 6 TD's in the first 5 weeks. He's gotten 1 more TD in the last 6 games. How are you figuring he is going to get 4 more TD's? I see him getting maybe 1 or 2 more TD's the rest of the year. Maybe. If he rubs Mannings back for him.

Like we have already said 2003 was not indicative of how Edge plays. He was hurt so it was only natural that he should perform better now that he is healthy. I predicted Edge would be at least top 5 and possibly top 3. If his TD's would have stayed the same he would. But what you are saying is ridiculous that anyone drafted Edge with the idea that his TD total would go down should be satisfied. Edge averages 120 yards from scrimmage for career. So what he is doing on the ground is nothing new for those who aren't new on the bandwagon.

In fact if you go with that ridiculous "Just look at last year and project that to this year" theory then what the heck got into Stokley. He hasn't never played a full season in his career, never had more than 24 rec's, never had more than 3 TD's receiving in a season.

You have to do more than just look at the numbers and make a projection. You have to look at the surrounding factors otherwise you get people expecting big numbers from Peerless Price..........

And to my point.

Despite everything Manning has stolen, taken or earned, depending on your point of view, Edge is MATCHING last years number even if they were extrapolated out for an entire 16 game season.

I guess I just don't see how that's a bad thing.

Of course Edge owners would like more TD's I don't begrudge them that desire.

I just don't equate that desire with the fact that his numbers so far this year are bad.

Isn't it possible that he is having a good year and that Edge owners are looking at what Edge is doing as inferior simply because of what Manning is doing?

I mean Edge will probably have 10 TD's this year by the end of the season and that is only 1 less than last year. And he will have more rushing yds, and more receiving yds than last year. And last year Manning only had 29 TD's.

So, as I have been saying, Manning is accomplishing everything that he is accomplishing without taking anything away from Edge's productivity.

It just seems like Edge is doing less this year when compared to how much more Manning is doing. But it is simply an illusion. Edge is not doing less.

You say:

Edge is not doing less.

575542[/snapback]

But then you say:

I mean Edge will probably have 10 TD's this year by the end of the season and that is only 1 less than last year. And he will have more rushing yds, and more receiving yds than last year. And last year Manning only had 29 TD's.

575542[/snapback]

How would scoring one less TD, yet playing in three more games, not be doing less? :D