[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the Faulk?

Skrappy1

I just now turned on the Monday night game and in checking out the stats so far, a couple of things jump out at me:

1. Is there something wrong with Marshall Faulk? 6 carries for 10 yards isn't very Faulk like. When you consider that last week he had 13 carries for 6 yards, that seems pretty fishy to me...is he hiding an injury?

2. I'm so glad that I drafted Torry Holt in the 2nd round this season. That way I can sit around and pull out my hair as I see that he has been outperformed again tonight, not only by Isaac Bruce, but also by two scrubs named Shuan McDonald and Kevin Curtis?!?!? What a waste of a pick...he is going to cost me a game again tonight and drop me to 7-5. After tonight, I'll be 2-4 in my last 6 games in that league. Someone please explain to me how this is possible when my team in that league (a 12-teamer!) is:

QB (1) - A. Brooks + Brian Griese

WR (2) - Randy Moss + Torry Holt + D-Jax (acquired Moss in a trade before anyone asks)

RB (2) - Tomlinson/Chatman + Droughns/Bell + T. Jones + J. Jones

TE (1) - A. Gates

K (1) - D. Akers

D/ST (1) - Cincinnati Bengals

:D

Edited by Skrappy1

Holt did have a sore knee and he also almost caught a pass in the endzone (no fantasy points there, I realize).

Jackson looks very good, like a bull on the inside with enough speed to make it important for the defense not to let him break through. If Faulk will just retire in 2005, Jackson would be very interesting in drafts next summer.

Someone please explain to me how this is possible when my team in that league (a 12-teamer!) is:

QB (1) - A. Brooks + Brian Griese

WR (2) - Randy Moss + Torry Holt + D-Jax (acquired Moss in a trade before anyone asks)

RB (2) - Tomlinson/Chatman + Droughns/Bell + T. Jones + J. Jones

TE (1) - A. Gates

K  (1) - D. Akers

D/ST (1) - Cincinnati Bengals

:D

582620[/snapback]

I've got Moss/Holt/Faulk and a similar cast and I'm 5-7 (due to unfortunate scheduling). 7-5 looks good to me!

I've got a feeling that Martz will wise up(is that at all possible?)and realize that down the stretch he needs to ride Jackson as Marshall just seems a step or two slower than ever. Even when he gets a hole to go through Marshall is too slow now to make any backers miss and Jackson has the speed and power to gain more yards. Just a hunch and it being 'Mad Mike' I could be way off. As a faulk fan I am sad to see this great RB declining but it happens to the best of them with age and wear and tear. My sig line tells it all........

I've got a feeling that Martz will wise up(is that at all possible?)and realize that down the stretch he needs to ride Jackson as Marshall just seems a step or two slower than ever. Even when he gets a hole to go through Marshall is too slow now to make any backers miss and Jackson has the speed and power to gain more yards. Just a hunch and it being 'Mad Mike' I could be way off. As a faulk fan I am sad to see this great RB declining but it happens to the best of them with age and wear and tear. My sig line tells it all........

584726[/snapback]

Yep, Marshall is looking SAAAAADDDDDDD!!!!

The Rams are now 5-6, one game back of the fading Seahawks at 6-5, for the NFC West lead. What Martz should do is make Marshall the 3rd down back, and go with Jackson, and take a real shot at making the playoffs. However, history has shown that Martz has no smartz....