[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Password input?

phenom

I don't know maybe it's just me but I seem to be having to input my password all the time. Just now I was logged on and I clicked on a post and it asked for my password. Doesn't it mean when you check the box remember my password to remember my password? Or is this just so people can't get access to the site by repeatedly asking for your password?............

Guest HappyFace

I actually know I am not putting any restraint on my cookies. It was just a thought. I have twice tonight had the dialog box jump in when I was moving from topic to topic and "want" my password. I am pretty sure that will turn out to be a coding problem at this board. It seems who ever monitors this lashup doesn't get around to business real regular. They ask for inputs here and when they get them they seem to be a little less than responsive. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently started to have this problem as well. It's somewhat random for me. I'll reply to 4-5 posts without a problem, then on the 6th one, I'll get prompted. Annoying, but I haven't experienced any lockout problems - it takes my pw and lets me in...

We are aware of this problem and our password management company should have a fix installed on Monday. I won't bore you with the gory details but it has to do with how the program handles adds to the file.

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg:

One thing that is really odd is that intermittently throughout the day I will be prompted for the password and then immediately prompted for it again.

Blitz this happens to me all the time. What I have to do is reenter my username too and the password then it will let me in. Put I am also having problems with getting this password thing to come up alot. Came in here to ask about it. Nice to know I am not the only one having the problem