[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GB-DET WR-DB Matchups

Rovers

Detroit/Green Bay homers, or others who might know.... will Bly be matched up against Driver or Walker this week? Driver had a big day (2 TD's and over 100 yards I recall) when GB and the Lions played in Detroit earlier this year. Was Bly covering Driver? Was his sore knee a problem in that first game?

For further prognostications, will the cold wet weather make this a low scoring game? I have to like GB at home coming off such a horrible loss in Philly. Thanks in advance!

Detroit/Green Bay homers, or others who might know.... will Bly be matched up against Driver or Walker this week? Driver had a big day (2 TD's and over 100 yards I recall) when GB and the Lions played in Detroit earlier this year. Was Bly covering Driver? Was his sore knee a problem in that first game?

For further prognostications, will the cold wet weather make this a low scoring game? I have to like GB at home coming off such a horrible loss in Philly. Thanks in advance!

603782[/snapback]

I believe typically Bly will play the right side which would pit him against Driver. But GB will move receivers all over too. Plus GB will likely stick Ferguson on the left as the split end and let him have Bly while Driver takes the slot.

Don't worry about Bly.  His reputation is somehow MUCH better than he actually is.

603826[/snapback]

:D You watch him play at all last year?

His performance has declined big-time this year because he's hurt. He missed several games at the beginning of the year, and got forced back into the lineup because Bryant got hurt. Judging from what I've seen, and reading between the lines on what Bly's said, he's playing at around 65-75%.

Back to the topic at hand: yes, Bly is playing RCB full-time, which means that he'll line up on whoever they put over there. I agree that this will mean Driver most of the time, as Bryant is even more hurt than Bly right now and they'll look to put Walker on the weakest link. I look for a big game from Favre and the Packers. Just like last game, they're coming off a humiliating butt-whooping, with everything to prove. And this time, the Lions walk into Lambeau (where they haven't won since TWO Bush Administrations ago).

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

I said nothing about last year. He has always had the reputation as a bit of a gambler. It worked well for him last year. He's getting smoked this year. Whether it's injuries, or whatever it is, he has not lived up to his reputation this year. Last week, he picks the ball off, starts showboating at the 10, and its a good thing he saw the Cardinal player coming up or he'd have gotten jacked up.

He's getting smoked this year.  Whether it's injuries, or whatever it is, he has not lived up to his reputation this year. 

603923[/snapback]

Right. When you see a guy who has built a Pro Bowl reputation on speed and playmaking ability line up 15 yards deep, then grab the WR as he blows past him . . . you know something ain't right. Bly is a player, he's just not well enough to do what he normally does.

Peace

policy

Thanks for the outstanding input, folks! It's FFTOC playoff time, and this is valuable "can't get anywhere but the Huddle " stuff! I knew that Bly was hurt in the second game, and sat out the third.... but did NOT know he was not firing on all cylinders. I do wish I had the Sunday ticket.... knowing who plays what position, as Policy and DMD kindly filled me in on.... I also did not realise how much the Pack mixes it up with thier WR's.

I understand from another thread that Driver's father in law passed away. The latest was that they think he will play, but his teamates stepped up and said they would understand if he didn't.