[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty trade question

Teacon

We have a small lineup per week....1 qb....combo of 4 rbs/wrs....1k....1TD. We also have JV teams where we can stash players w/less than 5 years in the league before the have to be promoted to varsity.

We can have a total of 4 qbs on our roster (2 JV, 2 varsity), 8 rbs (4 jv/ 4 varsity) and 8 wrs (4 jv / 4 varsity). My qbs are Testaverdi, Garcia, Smoker and Van Pelt. My wrs are Andre Davis, Hakim, Porter, Berrian (jv), Boldin (jv), Caldwell (jv) and Troupe (jv).

I think you can see the problem. I came in last last year. My qbs suck and probably no longer have a starter. We have 12 teams in the league so you can figure the choices for free agents are slim and none.

My wrs suck. Porter was the best of the varsity and anyone who had him last year knows how bad he was and now he has the Freak to share the ball with.

The good news......Varsity (not so good) rbs are S.Davis, Tomlinson, Bennett and Minor....JV (VERY good news) rbs are J.Jones, S.Jackson and L.Jordan (also Toefield, not worth mentioning). I have rbs to spare.

Given that I have some up and coming rbs on JV and I have so many needs, I am willing to move Tomlinson in a two for one for a good qb and a good wr. I'm looking for opinions. I have an offer out right now Bennett for Derrick Mason or Tomilinson for Carr and Mason.

I'd do the Bennet for Mason, but I would not trade Tomlison for Carr and Mason. Mason is gettting long in years, with a new team, but you really don't need Bennet, and when was the last time he played a full year? Can't you get a better deal for Tomlinson? I'd be looking for a good QB and a good young WR, not a up and comming maybe QB and an old WR. BTW, this is the wrong forum. Got to the Fantasy Football Advice Forum.

I'd do the Bennet for Mason, but I would not trade Tomlison for Carr and Mason.  Mason is gettting long in years, with a new team, but you really don't need Bennet, and when was the last time he played a full year?  Can't you get a better deal for Tomlinson?  I'd be looking for a good QB and a good young WR, not a up and comming maybe QB and an old WR.  BTW, this is the wrong forum.  Got to the Fantasy Football Advice Forum.

760206[/snapback]

Agreed

We have a small lineup per week....1 qb....combo of 4 rbs/wrs....1k....1TD.  We also have JV teams where we can stash players w/less than 5 years in the league before the have to be promoted to varsity. 

We can have a total of 4 qbs on our roster (2 JV, 2 varsity), 8 rbs (4 jv/ 4 varsity) and 8 wrs (4 jv / 4 varsity).  My qbs are Testaverdi, Garcia, Smoker and Van Pelt.  My wrs are Andre Davis, Hakim, Porter, Berrian (jv), Boldin (jv), Caldwell (jv) and Troupe (jv).

I think you can see the problem.  I came in last last year.  My qbs suck and probably no longer have a starter.  We have 12 teams in the league so you can figure the choices for free agents are slim and none.

My wrs suck.  Porter was the best of the varsity and anyone who had him last year knows how bad he was and now he has the Freak to share the ball with.

The good news......Varsity (not so good) rbs are S.Davis, Tomlinson, Bennett and Minor....JV (VERY good news) rbs are J.Jones, S.Jackson and L.Jordan (also Toefield, not worth mentioning).  I have rbs to spare.

Given that I have some up and coming rbs on JV and I have so many needs, I am willing to move Tomlinson in a two for one for a good qb and a good wr.  I'm looking for opinions.  I have an offer out right now Bennett for Derrick Mason or Tomilinson for Carr and Mason.

760187[/snapback]

I've been around a long time. I've seen what happens to advice forum guys and I understand how to post for opinions that are philosophical as well. I guess I didn't hit my target if the post was moved......I was trying to open up the philosophical arguement of moving one big time guy for quantity.

Point noted though on Mason's age. I agree I've got to remain young. The one thing about our league is that the rosters are small so I doubt very seriously there will be a three for one. But I could do better age wise, though my main concern was to improve at qb.

I would be very picky dealing Tomlinson. He is the best RB in the game right now period. You should be rewarded with the same. If you looking for an upgrade at QB, you should go after Manning, Cpep, Vick, etc. Maybe they can throw in an extra pick or an older receiver with the QB. Don't settle on this one. Be patient.

I would be very picky dealing Tomlinson.  He is the best RB in the game right now period.  You should be rewarded with the same.  If you looking for an upgrade at QB, you should go after Manning, Cpep, Vick, etc.  Maybe they can throw in an extra pick or an older receiver with the QB.  Don't settle on this one.  Be patient.

760724[/snapback]

I agree. Gotta keep Tomlinson. And I'd try and hold on to Jones and get the maximum value out of Jordan and Jackson. Those guys should yield you a decent QB and WR.

The owner has come in with Carr and either Javon Walker or Mason for M.Bennett and a first round pick after I emailed him that I wanted to back off of Tomlinson for Mason and Carr.. I have two picks in the first round...I have the very first pick and the 10th pick.

The original offer was Carr and Mason, but Walker was mentioned to enlarge the deal. I have come back with Walker and Carr. I offered the 10th pick but I think with Walker in the deal, the first pick is probably more fair. I have been split between either Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams with the first pick. The real NFL Draft is thin in offense this year and I don't know that there will be much thats very good past the first 6-8 picks in our rookie draft. But conversely, Walker is young, good and proven and if I were the other guy, I'd at least want the first pick if it were Walker instead of Mason.

By the way, I didn't explain that we have two drafts (which may be obvious to you dynasty vets....I've been in FF for 10 years, but last year was my first in a dynasty). One draft is the entry draft for college players coming out and the second is for vets that were released by owners in our league....we keep 7 varsity players from year to year.

Edited by Teacon

I would see if you can include a lower round pick along with the #10 pick to keep the #1 overall. maybe offer a 3rd and see if he will give you a 4th or 5th to offset losing that pick. I haven't played in a dynasty league and am assuming you have at leats 4-rounds.

As far as the first pick I really like Braylon Edwards, the only negative could be which NFL team drafts him.

:D:D so true

If this is a money league, I would drop out right now and save yours. Trading Tomlinson for Carr and Mason would have gone down as one of the most lopsided trades in fantasy football history. Thinking Javon Walker is worth the first pick in the rookie draft is insane. That you are trying to decide among Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams for the first pick -- even with a need at WR -- is absolutely baffling. With such a lack of fantasy football acumen, I'm shocked that you have accumulated talent like Tomlinson, Jones, Jackson and Jordan. And now you just want to give it away? This thread is so asinine that I've thought it must be a prank.

For everyone else who has read this thread, you know this is how you really wanted to respond.

766705[/snapback]