[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you differ from your political label?

Duchess Jack

Hmmmm....lesseee....war hero, AWOL from the guard, war hero, AWOL from the guard....uh huh... :D  :D

870390[/snapback]

Maybe it was important to get a fresh prespective on war. Someone who has never seen war before would not be shackled with the idea of 'the way things are'.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conservative, which the republican party isn't so much anymore.  They've left their roots, and I'm not following.

I'm for small government, especially the fed.

I think abortion and gay marriage are wrong, but legislation should not be passed against either.  Too many of my fellow Christians fail to acknowledge the importance of free agency in this life.  It is our duty to share the Gospel, not mandate it's principles upon others.   

The two main parties in our political system both suck.  They vary only in their wreckless tactics, holding in common the erosion of freedom for everyday

Americans.

I am a gun nut, both in hobby and politics.  Neither party serves my purposes here.

870334[/snapback]

+1

Guys, Jimmy could be our president. He might not have similar problems with his wife...

I forgot who ran against him the first time.

The second time I realized we were at war and didn't want a pansy in the office.

Jimmy...I think you nailed it. I am going to go back and edit my affiliation aswell and march to yer drumbeat

870375[/snapback]

Balla, you cant join the Jimmy Neutron party, yer still a Typical Republican in the Lion Posse Bush Nutsak Leachers.

war hero :D

870394[/snapback]

Seminoles, zip it up, idiot. When you can drive you can maybe comment on whether someone who has fought, killed and bled for their country is a hero. You cant join the Jimmy Neutron party either, yer still in the Typical Republican Bush Youth.

Jimmy has asked me to be the party gatekeeper and so far only me and WV are in. I am officially Jimmy Neutron's nutsak leach but WV is pushing hard on my side.

Balla, you cant join the Jimmy Neutron party, yer still a Typical Republican in the Lion Posse Bush Nutsak Leachers.

Seminoles, zip it up, idiot. When you can drive you can maybe comment on whether someone who has fought, killed and bled for their country is a hero. You cant join the Jimmy Neutron party either, yer still in the Typical Republican Bush Youth. 

Jimmy has asked me to be the party gatekeeper and so far only me and WV are in. I am officially Jimmy Neutron's nutsak leach but WV is pushing hard on my side.

870515[/snapback]

And on Jimmy's sphincter... :D

Hey guys, take it a little easier on criminoles. He is 15, and yes, he posted something stupid. Remember when I chided him about the comparison to Menudo's father, he backed right up and apologized. I'm sure he will here too. If he remains belligerent and unrepentant, by all means have at him... If he's not from a military family, or doesn't have a ton of experience with vets, I might expect he wouldn't fully understand this yet. I'm not sure I did at 15, and I have plenty of military in my family.

870515[/snapback]

Fine...I already got a cool club called the happy hands click from Whomposlonia...

:D

ok, i probably put my thoughts in a wrong form of words. i do honor anyone who has fought for their country. but i do not like the fact that (if it is true, and if we are talking about Kerry) for someone to come back to their country from fighting and bad mouth the existing soldiers. i probably should of added more than two words to my post.

ok, i probably put my thoughts in a wrong form of words. i do honor anyone who has fought for their country. but i do not like the fact that (if it is true, and if we are talking about Kerry) for someone to come back to their country from fighting and bad mouth the existing soldiers. i probably should of added more than two words to my post.

870549[/snapback]

You have a lot of learning to do before you can claim he did that. Many think he was only badmouthing the US administration making policy at the time.

You have a lot of learning to do before you can claim he did that. Many think he was only badmouthing the US administration making policy at the time.

870555[/snapback]

exactly, this is why i should of added more than two words to the post (i dont suppose a smiley counts as a word).

Too many of my fellow Christians fail to acknowledge the importance of free agency in this life.  It is our duty to share the Gospel, not mandate it's principles upon others.   

870334[/snapback]

I've been think recently about how the United States compares in a small way to God (bear with me). I hear often enough, people complaining that God allows evil in the world. The educated Christian knows that in order to create a being that could love in the same way that God loves, He had to give us freedom. With that freedom comes the risk of bad behavior/sin/evil, etc.

God giving us freedom doesn't mean he endorses evil... on the contrary, evil is confronted with Justice. In the same vein, the United States tries to offer as much freedom as makes sense to it's citizens. With more freedom comes more opportunity to be bad little monkeys. But the upside is, freedom brings with it untold gifts, inspiration, creativity, accomplishments as well as philanthropy. By staying as free as possible, we aren't trying to invite evil, we are simply trying to promote the opportunities that only free people can enjoy.

As a nation we can choose to limit our freedoms for the sake of safety. What we sacrifice though while a bit more intangible, is far more valuable.

At least in theory anyway... because frankly, I'm all for shutting up our borders nice and tight for a while! :D

Interesting Thread... makes people take an objective look at themselves... I LIKE IT!

870356[/snapback]

Riiiight. You've got skins claiming he's a libertarian and Grunge claiming he's a moderate. I guess it's just coincidence that each one agrees with the Democrats on nearly every single issue and hates nearly everything that the Republicans do. Just nut up and admit that you're fervent Democrats, boys. Like the GOP, you only have about half of your platform to be ashamed of.

Unlike the some of the posuers here, I am Libertarian. As in, I actually vote for the Libertarian Party. I tend to disagree with the more extreme sentiments of my party, of which, unfortunately, there are many (it seems most moderate people who have libertarian views compromise half of their beliefs to vote one of the major parties). I veer away from the extreme fiscal conservatives in the Libertarian Party in that I understand that there needs to be some regulation of industry, some taxation, and some Federal spending other than the military. I disagree with the more socially liberal facets of my party because I realize that there needs to be some boarder control and some illeagal substances.

However, the Libertarian Party still represents my views on how things should be far more than either major party today. And I think that if people would truely research and vote for a party that represents their views as opposed to just voting against the major party that they like the least, politics in the US would be far more interesting and intelligent.

And I think that if people would truely research and vote for a party that represents their views as opposed to just voting against the major party that they like the least, politics in the US would be far more interesting and intelligent.

870577[/snapback]

If a majority Republican Legislative and Executive government cannot make any headway in implementing a more conservative policy in this nation, then I will not vote for them again. There are other parties out there that more closely represent my views (that I know will never win)... but as long as the Republicans don't come close to actually DOING what they should be doing, then I figure, why continue to support them? We'll see... it's all going to revolve around the Supreme Court opening(s) IMO.

Riiiight.  You've got skins claiming he's a libertarian and Grunge claiming he's a moderate.  I guess it's just coincidence that each one agrees with the Democrats on nearly every single issue and hates nearly everything that the Republicans do.  Just nut up and admit that you're fervent Democrats, boys.  Like the GOP, you only have about half of your platform to be ashamed of.

870577[/snapback]

Sorry, i should have said i'm a moderate Democrat. And yes, i don't like the fringes of my party.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Riiiight.  You've got skins claiming he's a libertarian and Grunge claiming he's a moderate.  I guess it's just coincidence that each one agrees with the Democrats on nearly every single issue and hates nearly everything that the Republicans do.  Just nut up and admit that you're fervent Democrats, boys.  Like the GOP, you only have about half of your platform to be ashamed of.

870577[/snapback]

Hey now, I am not and have never been a member of any party and you are assuming because I am taking positions contrary to the Republican Party that I am a Democrat. I am not and a lot of my positions on social issues are far more libertarian than anything else. I wont vote for those kookoos like you, though.

I dont agree with the Democrats on every single issue, I disagree with the Republicans on almost every issue--there is a big difference.

And lately I have been considering actually joining the Democratic Party for the first time. Interesting because I have never had any urge to join any political party at any time before. Bush may have pushed this gun owning commie into the Democratic Party. Ill keep you posted.

Hey now, I am not and have never been a member of any party and you are assuming because I am taking positions contrary to the Republican Party that I am a Democrat. I am not and a lot of my positions on social issues are far more libertarian than anything else. I wont vote for those kookoos like you, though.

I dont agree with the Democrats on every single issue, I disagree with the Republicans on almost every issue--there is a big difference.

And lately I have been considering actually joining the Democratic Party for the first time. Interesting because I have never had any urge to join any political party at any time before. Bush may have pushed this gun owning commie into the Democratic Party. Ill keep you posted.

870608[/snapback]

Okay, so you never vote Republican, and you won't vote for "kooky" third party candidates. So this means you either never vote, or you always vote for a...

Wow, you're right. I was completely wrong to characterize you as a Democrat.

Okay, so you never vote Republican, and you won't vote for "kooky" third party candidates.  So this means you either never vote, or you always vote for a...

Wow, you're right.  I was completely wrong to characterize you as a Democrat.

870667[/snapback]

Lord Hyena

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em - but I get to tax your grass.   :D

870694[/snapback]

Wait...you can't tax Josh Gordon...jest make a profit and allow our farmers to grow it.

So Mr. Neutron. Have any other positions fer yer party? Since Skins gets the doggie position...perhaps I could be yer security advisor?

Edited by SuperBalla