[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 14 and beyond - Streaming QB options

darin3

Yes it's probably a bit early to be thinking this.... but maybe not.

For those of us that have been streaming QBs this season (or those that may have a decent QB just with a terrible matchup), which QBs are you eyeing?

Don't want to turn this into a WDIS question... but for the record I have Stafford @STL next week and as nifty as he's been these past few weeks, I'm guessing there may be better options out there.

Names I'm personally looking at:

Tyrod Taylor (@PHI)

Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. TEN)

Brock Osweiler (vs. OAK)

Jay Cutler (vs. WAS)

Matt Hasselbeck (@JAC)

General thoughts on QB streaming for Week 14 and beyond?

I already picked up Fitz since Rivers seems to be off the cliff.

Taylor I don't trust every week. Iffy on Brock if they really do put Manning back in. Maybe Jay but he's screwed me before...gun-shy. Liked Hass until last night and getting hurt.

I have Tannehill available in one of my leagues too, not sure what his schedule looks like though

Yes it's probably a bit early to be thinking this.... but maybe not.

For those of us that have been streaming QBs this season (or those that may have a decent QB just with a terrible matchup), which QBs are you eyeing?

Don't want to turn this into a WDIS question... but for the record I have Stafford @STL next week and as nifty as he's been these past few weeks, I'm guessing there may be better options out there.

Names I'm personally looking at:

Tyrod Taylor (@PHI)

Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. TEN)

Brock Osweiler (vs. OAK)

Jay Cutler (vs. WAS)

Matt Hasselbeck (@JAC)

General thoughts on QB streaming for Week 14 and beyond?

I don't know what you are afraid of with Stafford. The Rams haven't been the same defense they were early on this season. I would be more confident in Stafford than any of those guys.

Looking at Tannehill and Winston in 14 and Stafford in 15. Alex Smith has good matchups in 15 and 16. Bortles likely not available, but get the ain'ts in 16. In deeper leagues, Hasslebeck has decent week 14 and 16 matchups.

Edited by BA Baracus

With E Manning as the starter in my homer league, pulling T Taylor up from the bench seems my best/only option for playoffs. At least his week 15 and 16 schedule is inviting, with an @ WAS home against DAL home stretch. Because they're in the wild card hunt, I'm gonna believe they won't be full conservative and keep him slinging at Watkins

I don't know what you are afraid of with Stafford. The Rams haven't been the same defense they were early on this season. I would be more confident in Stafford than any of those guys.

I'm considering it. I'd feel better if the Lions were at home. STL's D has been far better at home from what I recall. I just feel that Stafford's floor is low given the matchup... there are other guys out there with similar upside but with higher floors.

I'm considering it. I'd feel better if the Lions were at home. STL's D has been far better at home from what I recall. I just feel that Stafford's floor is low given the matchup... there are other guys out there with similar upside but with higher floors.

Agree. But if we can get Stafford to week's 15/16 - he can win you a championship.

Agree. But if we can get Stafford to week's 15/16 - he can win you a championship.

Most definitely. Fortunately in this particular league we have a deep enough bench where I can hold him and plug him in without hesitation if I make it past Week 14.

Hmm what are league thresholds that see Stafford available as a streaming option? Is this for DFS? Bortles' schedule (Colts/Falcons/Saints) and Tannehhill (Giants/Chargers/Colts) are pretty tremendous. Russel Wilson is beasting now and has Ravens/Brown in the first two weeks of playoffs.

Without taking into account schedule, I'm all in on Bortles and Mariotta. I want to be on Winston, just can't get there yet.

Hmm what are league thresholds that see Stafford available as a streaming option? Is this for DFS? Bortles' schedule (Colts/Falcons/Saints) and Tannehhill (Giants/Chargers/Colts) are pretty tremendous. Russel Wilson is beasting now and has Ravens/Brown in the first two weeks of playoffs.

Without taking into account schedule, I'm all in on Bortles and Mariotta. I want to be on Winston, just can't get there yet.

Not saying Stafford is necessarily a current streamer. I was - at one point - streaming him... and happened to pick him up in one league (and had drafted/held him in another).... and just so happened that he finally started playing up to snuff.

Just asking from the streaming point of view, as his matchup this week is not exactly favorable.

Edited by darin3

Not saying Stafford is necessarily a current streamer. I was - at one point - streaming him... and happened to pick him up in one league (and had drafted/held him in another).... and just so happened that he finally started playing up to snuff.

Just asking from the streaming point of view, as his matchup this week is not exactly favorable.

Gotcha, when I hear streaming I think hitting the ww every week to get a replacement. I suppose one could draft three tier 2/3 QB's late and stream from their roster though. That would have paid off nicely this season with Palmer/Bortles/Mariotta/Tannehill combos.

Gotcha, when I hear streaming I think hitting the ww every week to get a replacement. I suppose one could draft three tier 2/3 QB's late and stream from their roster though. That would have paid off nicely this season with Palmer/Bortles/Mariotta/Tannehill combos.

At one point I was hitting the WW every week. I used guys like Carr, Alex Smith... Stafford was a great add and hold.

I streamed hoyer for Dalton last week when hoyer played NO and Dalton played STL, and the 6 pt difference cost me a win, so I'm fairly wary of doing it again. However, with Dalton playing Denver week 16 (in the case that I even make it that far), I'm looking at tyrod Taylor (DAL), Jameis Winston (CHI), and maybe even hoyer again (TEN) haha

Edited by pun

Honestly I'm wishing I just started mariota every game, even the bad ones and just streamed through the injury. Woulda had a better track record at least. I've started 4 QBs that had game ending injuries this year in the one league I've been looking for a qb

I was thinking of elevating him from my Practice Squad but I hate his match up against the Jets...and don't like his Week 15 prospects either.