[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 14 and beyond - Streaming QB options

darin3

Noticing in another league I'm sitting on E Manning and P Rivers as my QBs...looking heavily at getting either A Smith or Tannehill who both have wonderfully favorable end of season matchups; I think Smith is the safest out of all 4 options

Noticing in another league I'm sitting on E Manning and P Rivers as my QBs...looking heavily at getting either A Smith or Tannehill who both have wonderfully favorable end of season matchups; I think Smith is the safest out of all 4 options

I have Rivers and Bortles and was considering adding Smith. But even when they have blowout games, KC tends to run it in rather than pass it so Smith's numbers are relatively low comparatively.

Just to comment on some of the names I've seen in this thread:

Bortles - not sure why you'd be seeking a Week 14 replacement. The matchup against Indy is cherry.

Rivers - matchup isn't great but he throws on everyone ... seems like a high floor, high upside guy to me

Smith - as noted above, his upside is limited based on his offense's ability to run.... given the matchup, you'd think they'd run, too

Tannehill - I'd suspect he's gone in most leagues, but if not, he's a great plug-and-play option on MNF against the Giants

And circling back to the guys I opened with:

Tyrod Taylor (@PHI) - I like this matchup a lot... has some risk though

Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. TEN) - has a high floor like Rivers, although doesn't come with the same huge game upside

Brock Osweiler (vs. OAK) - matchup is good enough but I fear there's limited upside

Jay Cutler (vs. WAS) - he's been pretty average (if not bad) in the past few weeks, but I do like the matchup a bit

Matt Hasselbeck (@JAC) - dealing with nagging injuries and was really just a game manager to begin with

Edited by darin3

Rivers - matchup isn't great but he throws on everyone ... seems like a high floor, high upside guy to me

Doesn't seem to have a high floor right now - 2 out of the 3 last games he had less than 10 pts. Certainly high floor high upside when his supporting staff is healthy though.

Doesn't seem to have a high floor right now - 2 out of the 3 last games he had less than 10 pts. Certainly high floor high upside when his supporting staff is healthy though.

Wow, didn't realize that. Don't have him in any leagues nor have I had the option to add him. Granted, they were against two pretty solid defenses and I'd suspect he'd bounce back from his previous affair with the Chiefs. But maybe not. :thinking:

I won't have to cross that bridge, though. :lol:

I've had 2-3 QBs in all of my leagues. Drafted Rivers and Tannehill in two leagues and picked up Taylor in one and flipped Winston and Hasselbeck in another. In another drafted Palmer and Rivers. Riding Plamer despite the match ups and will likely roll with Taylor in my other league.

Just to comment on some of the names I've seen in this thread:

Bortles - not sure why you'd be seeking a Week 14 replacement. The matchup against Indy is cherry.

Smith - as noted above, his upside is limited based on his offense's ability to run.... given the matchup, you'd think they'd run, too

Tannehill - I'd suspect he's gone in most leagues, but if not, he's a great plug-and-play option on MNF against the Giants

And circling back to the guys I opened with:

Tyrod Taylor (@PHI) - I like this matchup a lot... has some risk though

Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. TEN) - has a high floor like Rivers, although doesn't come with the same huge game upside

Brock Osweiler (vs. OAK) - matchup is good enough but I fear there's limited upside

Jay Cutler (vs. WAS) - he's been pretty average (if not bad) in the past few weeks, but I do like the matchup a bit

Matt Hasselbeck (@JAC) - dealing with nagging injuries and was really just a game manager to begin with

I'm not sure what exactly huge game upside is but Fitz has done really well the last 2 weeks fwiw

I'm not sure what exactly huge game upside is but Fitz has done really well the last 2 weeks fwiw

Like more than 250/2. I think he's no worse than 240/1 and 260/2.

I ended up picking Taylor off the wire just in case I have cold feet about Stafford in STL. I may just stick with him.

Now it comes to a WDIS between the two KC backs. :lol:

I have A Rodgers but am seriously considering plugging in Bortles this week due to the matchup vs Colts as well as the quality of Bortles' WR's vs Green Bay. Also considering Bortles over Rodgers when Rodgers faces Cardinals while Bortles plays Saints.

I have A Rodgers but am seriously considering plugging in Bortles this week due to the matchup vs Colts as well as the quality of Bortles' WR's vs Green Bay. Also considering Bortles over Rodgers when Rodgers faces Cardinals while Bortles plays Saints.

The old saying "always start your studs", to me, has always struck me as odd. In this case I would most definitely go with the hot hand and matchup.

The old saying "always start your studs", to me, has always struck me as odd. In this case I would most definitely go with the hot hand and matchup.

In my opinion, this is Fitz all day. I just picked him up as my first time ever 3rd rostered QB and will be starting him over Palmer and Rogers. Look at the numbers he has been putting up and the numbers Tennessee has been allowing.

If 29 and 25 points in the last 2 weeks against a team who gave up 23 and 32 points in the last two weeks isn't upside, then i don't know what is.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

If Bortles was just an average guy with a better matchup this week, I think the "always start your studs" adage would apply. But, the numbers (all season long) have shown that Bortles is just as much of a fantasy stud as Rodgers is. In fact, they're within a point (263.36 for Bortles, 262.98 for Rodgers) in the first league I looked at (pretty standard scoring). So, yeah, with the better matchup, I'd have to at least take a long look at Bortles. Tough call, though. Might come down to the game-time inactives, for me (not only their respective offensive weapons, but the opponents' defensive players as well).

• Like 1

If Bortles was just an average guy with a better matchup this week, I think the "always start your studs" adage would apply. But, the numbers (all season long) have shown that Bortles is just as much of a fantasy stud as Rodgers is. In fact, they're within a point (263.36 for Bortles, 262.98 for Rodgers) in the first league I looked at (pretty standard scoring). So, yeah, with the better matchup, I'd have to at least take a long look at Bortles. Tough call, though. Might come down to the game-time inactives, for me (not only their respective offensive weapons, but the opponents' defensive players as well).

True. Not sure what I'm gonna do in DW3 with him and Luck.