[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Katrina

SuperBalla

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I guess we lost our backbone in the 80's/90's.

I chalk it up to returded leadership and lack of goals. You think New Orleans is being ignored because of a lack of backbone? Noone is asking America to help and our government doesnt give a crap about NO. Iraq? Noone has asked us to do anything. We havent been asked to make a single sacrifice. Crap, I got a hugh tax cut right around the time we were talking about invading Iraq.

Backbone? We have it. We just dont have any leaders.

Well, we lost that about 6 years ago. If Clinton was president during the hurricane fiasco, Balla would be a born again democrat. It's not a coincidence that the only time Balla disagrees with H8, Spain, and Perch, resulted from an acutal experience and not a radio talk show.

Edited by bushwacked

I chalk it up to returded leadership and lack of goals. You think New Orleans is being ignored because of a lack of backbone? Noone is asking America to help and our government doesnt give a crap about NO. Iraq? Noone has asked us to do anything. We havent been asked to make a single sacrifice. Crap, I got a hugh tax cut right around the time we were talking about invading Iraq.

I was driving home thinking about that feking refund we got back...I think it was like 200 bucks...then I :D right in the face.

Well, we lost that about 6 years ago. If Clinton was president during the hurricane fiasco, Balla would be a born again democrat. It's not a coincidence that the only time Balla disagrees with H8, Spain, and Perch, resulted from an acutal experience and not a radio talk show.

They are dead wrong and I don't understand why they think like that...by the way...they cut Savage a year ago so I have been regurgitating my own chit... :D Perch atleast tried to justify his thought that "if yer too dumb to live there then why should I pay to fix yer chit" There is so much New Orleans could be...America is feking itself and I blame both the anchors in America that opposed Bush right out of the gates and the baffoon himself. However I think Ray Chocolate Nogin and Katrina Blankstare didn't get their share of blame. They joined the media and blamed Bush.

Edited by SuperBalla

I don't agree. If we had a real enemy we would get behind them, but much of the country and the world knew it was BS.

We didn't have a real one during Vietnam either.

How about getting behind fighing AIDS of massive problems in Africa or Darur. I think we need to re-define enemies. A lot of them doing carry guns.

That's right. France, Italy and England got their guys out of Lebanon days before we did. We sent a cruise ship and didn' even tell the Israelis it was coming-let it through.

That would not happen under a real president-Clinton, Bush Sr or Reagan.

Edited by Randall

However I think Ray Chocolate Nogin and Katrina Blankstare didn't get their share of blame. They joined the media and blamed Bush.

To be fair, don't forget to blame yourself for living there. You know it's dangerous. I know it's dangerous living in the Bay Area. We all take our chances, and I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to bail my dumb ass out when I get buried under a pile of rubble from an 8.0.

To be fair, don't forget to blame yourself for living there. You know it's dangerous. I know it's dangerous living in the Bay Area. We all take our chances, and I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to bail my dumb ass out when I get buried under a pile of rubble from an 8.0.

Ahhhh...I understand there are risks...but isn't this America? Where is the help for those that are still displaced atleast...you know the 100,000 that don't want to return? I guess yer opinion is, a destroyed New Orleans is better than an improved one. :D You'd rather know New Orleans as that "crazy" ghost town... eh???

Think about what yer saying...the Mid West is prone to Tornado's. From N. Carolina to Texas is prone to hurricanes. New York to Oregon is prone to Ice Storms. Cali is about to be floating. Arizona is on fire...literally. Why would you find us "living on the edge" when we are occasionally affected once every 4 years by a massive storm? This is really the first time New Orleans has been hit in a long time.

I find it troubling that it is so easy to just say "fek you" .

Edited by SuperBalla

Ahhhh...I understand there are risks...but isn't this America? Where is the help for those that are still displaced atleast...you know the 100,000 that don't want to return? I guess yer opinion is, a destroyed New Orleans is better than an improved one. :D You'd rather know New Orleans as that "crazy" ghost town... eh???

I don't follow your argument.

I don't follow your argument.

New Orleans is a ghost town. It is a mess...that awesome city that you once knew...full of life and fun aswell as business...is in ruins. Is that what America does for its cities? My point is...are you okay with that? I'd like to visit San Fran oneday and if a disastor struck there I'd want to help you rebuild regardless of its future risk. Honestly...New Orleans could be rebuilt...I don't think Cali can if the "big one" comes...but I'd hope we tried.

Edited by SuperBalla

Why wait for the govt. to do something? Great thing about this country is we don't have to wait till we're told what to do or rather forced to do. Sure the govt should be obligated to get things in order, but people shouldn't sit & wait for them to get off their fat beaurocratic asses because you know that's not going to happen anytime soon no matter who is in office. It would be nice to see more big businesses step up to the plate. What's nice about them is it doesn't come right back out of our pockets & they don't have all the political squabbling about how & where the money will be spent. They cut a check & say "here, use it for what you need".

My dad lives in Pensacola, and there are still LARGE parts of that city that have damage from Hurricane Ivan 2 years ago. Are they being ignored as well?

This isn't all about politics and will: a large part of this has to do with sustained catasrophic damage all through the south over the past few years which have basically sucked up all available qualified labor. Last christmas I was looking at blocks of foundations along parts of Pensacola and my dad tells me they're still there.

As some of you may know I lost a grandmother and aunt to the floods resulting from Katrina. Then a couple of months later I lost practically everything I owned in Wilma (hole in roof, torrential downpour a week later, 2 inches of water throughout the house, all of my belongings covered in drywall and insulation). Neither me of my family has seen dime one from FEMA. This considering I had a 1 year old and a pregnant wife that were homeless overnight. Not one Oprahing penny. Wouldent even approve me for one of those SBA loans. The one ray of light was the Mennonites. I made one call to them (they had a team of voulnteers in N.O.) and they went to my grandmothers house, emptied and gutted the entire thing and even managed to salvage the one not-so-ruined item from her house (a vase) and sent it to me free of charge. Thats just amazing work and touched me very deeply. I just ask all of you to consider that next time you donate funds to a charitable cause. I know i will.

Think about what yer saying...the Mid West is prone to Tornado's.

Yep, and when they (the tornado's) leave, we pick up our dead, get our chainsaws and shovels and go to work.

I didn't notice any shovels or chainsaws in the 9th ward....

Yep, and when they (the tornado's) leave, we pick up our dead, get our chainsaws and shovels and go to work.

It'll take a hell of a lot more than neighbors helping neighbors with shovels & chainsaws. Granted it wouldn't hurt, but we're not talking about a few downed trees here.

It'll take a hell of a lot more than neighbors helping neighbors with shovels & chainsaws. Granted it wouldn't hurt, but we're not talking about a few downed trees here.

I know, but this mentality that nothing can be done without the gov't doing it is sickening and mortal for our country as we know it.

:D

How are a few country boys going to move a barge off a highway...a come-a-long?? How do you clean up an oil spill that covered 40-60 square miles?

Edited by SuperBalla

I know, but this mentality that nothing can be done without the gov't doing it is sickening and mortal for our country as we know it.

I agree that there are many that need to get off their arss and get to work on their personal property but I mean on a larger scale of gubbamintal aid. Trust me...I ain't for hand outs. Thos that sac leach are country should be deported to Ghana so they can see what poverty really is.

Agreed, which was the point I made in my last post. Again, granted there are a lot of people who don't care & would prefer to wait for their handout in somebody else's city, but there are also a lot of people who are desparate to have their home back but lack the means (monetary and/or physical) to do so. Right now there are entire towns such as Bay St. Louis, Waveland & Long Beach that are virtually wiped out....gone from the face of the Earth. Yet very little has been done to begin rebuilding these towns. The people that lived in them have been displaced, they still have families to feed & bills to pay. They can't just neglect those responsibilities in order to rebuild their towns. They need help & a lot of it. If they have to wait for the Govt to do it they will be waiting years if it gets done at all. It's going to take the continued support of the people & buisness that was seen right after the storm.

They can't just neglect those responsibilities in order to rebuild their towns. They need help & a lot of it. If they have to wait for the Govt to do it they will be waiting years if it gets done at all. It's going to take the continued support of the people & buisness that was seen right after the storm.

You nailed it bro...it is a disastor...one that America took but at your personal expense. I want to be clear that I did not endure damage BUT I obviously live with it and see it. The people that lost homes are sitting in a FEMA trailor and/or literally begging to have it brought to their property...which isn't happening. They want to live out of it and rebuild.

Picture this scenario and I ask Perch, Spain, H8, Meat Face and anyone else out there that opposes Government aid to the Gulf Coast region to listen and answer me this. I mentioned before the different disastors per any region in the US. You live in Covington, LA. You are a mechanic and yer wife teaches and you have 3 kids. Yer house is blown away literally...you find most everything you owned in the acres of woods behind yer house 20' in the air and scattered in trees. You lost yer job and yer wife's school has been absorbed by functioning schools in the area. All that you have left is yer checking account, family, and a foundation of a former home. You move yer family into a temporary apartment set-up by FEMA. You contact a FEMA rep finally, again to find out you have two options. 1)Stay in an apartment until you have a trailor at yer site...which won't ever happen. 2) Stay in a trailor park FEMA center. If you choose to stay in the park you won't get a trailor at yer house. I know this guy I described and he is still waiting for a trailor for his family...he has spent his father's inheritance paying for the apartment which he is now being kicked out of. Why doesn't this guy deserve some help getting a chance back at life? FEMA is a beuarcrap nightmare and is literally displacing people like him. It is bull chit IMO...

My question: Why wouldn't he deserve American help? He has to work to feed his family and can't afford to go shovel his house back up? :D

Edited by SuperBalla