[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

well water

dmarc117

stick with city water if ya can....

Why should I be paying taxes so the city gubment can bring welfare leeches water? If you can't afford to drill a 200 foot well on your property than move to China. Govt NEVER does anything beneficial.

Edited by bushwacked

Why should I be paying taxes so the city gubment can bring welfare leeches water? If you can't afford to drill a 200 foot well on your property than move to China. Govt NEVER does anything beneficial.

Absoultely!! Next thing ya know people will start trying to SELL us water!

But on the other hand...Mrs HR and I finally moved back to the farm last summer and had to have a new well drilled. For the drilling and trenching for all the lines to the out buildings, house, connections, etc, it came to almost 10K. Of course, we drillled not to the first aquifer in our area (the Bourbous) but to the next one (the Gasconade), about 100 feet deeper. Originally our well driller asked us if we wanted a softener for our water system (he sells softeners) and I hesitated because of past experiences with water softeners. He said he didn't have softeners at his home because he has some of the same concerns (and he's been doing this for 30+ years). So I asked him what he did instead and he told us about going to the next aquifer for added purity and a more reliable source of water. It's been eight months so far and the only thing that comes out of our taps is cold, delicious water. We've had it tested twice and so far it's bottable and sellable!

The driller also said that the next great "emergency" our country is going to suffer will be about water. You think the price of oil affected the economy, wait till the water supplies start to fade.

And every well has to be registered with the state now. He told us Missouri has even had attempts by the legislature to regulate how much water anyone who owns a well can use and to begin taxing that use. :wacko:

Edited by The Holy Roller

Well water is the best. There is always the concern of how deep you need to dig and purity issues. On one home I built ,we had to get an iron filter for the water.

I cant drink the water at work (city water) because of its taste. This is Montana so the water is better than most places. I bring my own water to work each day.

Love me some water..