[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Champ Bailey at receiver?

Skilly

From the Denver Post.com

Champ Bailey isn't sure when he will work with the offense again, but he knows it's coming.

Denver coach Mike Shanahan won't say when or how much the star cornerback will work at receiver but said there will be times Bailey works into the offense.

"Yes, he will work in practice some with the offense at some point," Shana- han said.

That is fine with Bailey, whose play at receiver last season went from a buzz in training camp to an afterthought by the end of the season.

"Anything I can do to help the team win, I'll do," Bailey said. "I want to play all the time, so I'm looking forward to it again."

Bailey focused on receiver in some of the developmental camp season. He played offense in several games early last year, but it was something the team went away from around midseason. Bailey had one catch for 11 yards last season.

Bailey said he is heading into this season a better receiver than he was when he came to Denver in a trade with Washington for Clinton Portis.

"I watch Rod Smith run routes every day," Bailey said. "That right there helps me. I think I'm smoother in my route running."

The Broncos appear to be deeper at receiver, so having Bailey on offense likely would be in unusual packages.

"It's probably best for a defensive player to play offense as a surprise or in different situations," Bailey said. "That's where you'll see me."

-----------------------------

:D Hey Bailey, how 'bout not getting torched every time the other team throws your way? That would be helping the team.

This idea is idiotic, IMO. :D

Didn't Shanny try this same gimmick with Deltha O'Neal? I think one of the reasons they dumped him was because he had no interest in playing WR. At least, that was his story when he came to the Bengals.

904408[/snapback]

uhh, if that's his story he's full of chit. there was a little bit of talk of him playing some O when he came in as a rookie, but it never really materialized. it may be that they dumped him in part because he said he didn't want to return punts anymore, and returning punts was the only value he had. or it could be they dumped him because he's a pansy ass Megan Fox who can't play.

uhh, if that's his story he's full of chit.  there was a little bit of talk of him playing some O when he came in as a rookie, but it never really materialized.  it may be that they dumped him in part because he said he didn't want to return punts anymore, and returning punts was the only value he had.  or it could be they dumped him because he's a pansy ass Megan Fox who can't play.

904525[/snapback]

That pretty much sums it up for me. :D

Must be something about playing in Denver. RBs turn to gold, and CBs turn to mud. Bailey used to be something until he got mile high.

And Deltha played fine for Cincy last year.... had a nice INT right in front of Shanascam on MNF. :D

Must be something about playing in Denver.  RBs turn to gold, and CBs turn to mud.  Bailey used to be something until he got mile high.

904797[/snapback]

Actually, Bailey played just about as well in 2004 as he played in Washington. He's one of the most overrated CBs in the game.