[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFC South

godtomsatan

Who's turn this year?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's turn this year?

• Atlanta
    • Carolina
    • New Orleans
    • Tampa Bay

On the heels of the NFC North predicitons, have to say that this is another division up for grabs.

I liked Carolina a lot for a long time, until I started reading other people taking them, and seeing they are more or less 15-1 in Vegas to win the Super Bowl (that's #3 behind Eagles and Vikings in the NFC). So, despite the fashionability of the pick, I still think they are playoff material, but I like the Atlanta D too much.

Atlanta

Carolina

Tampa Bay

New Orleans

The only real chink on any of these teams is the Saints D. A division without an obvious bad team.

The Falc D huh, well by season end the Panthers will have the #1 D in the NFL. The Panthers take this division and the NFC, and bring home the Lombardi.

913132[/snapback]

Sorry PD, but Vick OWNS the kitties, whether he throws a pass or not. Didn't they even come close to beating you guys at home in your SB year, with Kittner at the helm? Ducket had like 150 yards and 2 TDs in that game, if memory serves... Just like the Bucs even in off years own the birds, the birds own the kitties. Will the season sweep be the tiebreaker this year? :pokescatwithsharpstick: :D

Just bought my Panthers season tickets today... so I will be able to see the Panthers beat the Falcons when they come to down later this year. :D

Yes, the Panthers have had a tough time beating the Panthers over the past few years, but you know it doesn't mean squat as they will line up twice and see who comes up the winner.

The Panthers have upgraded their secondary with adding Ken Lucas and get Kris Jenkins back to help the DL. The D will be up to the challenge to help the Panthers control the ball and win most of their games. They have also upgraded the OL with Wahle so the running game should be able to control the ball better than last year when they had to use Delhomme's arm to compete.

The Panthers will struggle passing without Muhammad.

Vick owns the Panthers and with a year of experience of the WCO, he can only improve. Peerless Price being bumped down a spot could help also. lol

If the Saints do lean on McCallister, then this Division will have the most rushing yards of any Divison.

The Panthers will struggle passing without Muhammad.

Vick owns the Panthers and with a year of experience of the WCO, he can only improve. Peerless Price being bumped down a spot could help also. lol

If the Saints do lean on McCallister, then this Division will have the most rushing yards of any Divison.

913434[/snapback]

1 - Agreed.

2 - Not so sure here. Atlanta wins, but not how you say.

3 - Duece may be the pick of the year.

4 - No frikkin way this division has the most yards. Put the pipe down son.

this Division will have the most rushing yards of any Divison.

913434[/snapback]

4 - No frikkin way this division has the most yards.  Put the pipe down son.

913439[/snapback]

Actually, WaterMan's speculation is not as outlandish as it seems first glance Turf Smurf.

The FalCANS had the most rushing yards of any NFL team last year. Not much has changed, so they will in all probability be right up there again this year.

John Fox has always been about the run game and hired one of the best OC's in the business, as far as developing offensive strategies for that part of the offense, in Dan "Ground Chuck" Henning. Last years aerial show by the Panthers was an aberration, due to multiple injuries at the RB position. Fox & Henning will get back to the type of football they prefer and have the Panthers grinding out the yardage this year.

IF Haslett stays true to his word and leans on McAllister, the Aint's :D may well rush for some serious yardage this year.

Chucky finally got himself a legit RB with Cadillac. Bucs ground game should improve.

Actually, WaterMan's speculation is not as outlandish as it seems first glance Turf Smurf.

The FalCANS had the most rushing yards of any NFL team last year. Not much has changed, so they will in all probability be right up there again this year.

John Fox has always been about the run game and hired one of the best OC's in the business, as far as developing offensive strategies for that part of the offense, in Dan "Ground Chuck" Henning. Last years aerial show by the Panthers was an aberration, due to multiple injuries at the RB position. Fox & Henning will get back to the type of football they prefer and have the Panthers grinding out the yardage this year.

IF Haslett stays true to his word and leans on McAllister, the Aint's  :D may well rush for some serious yardage this year.

Chucky finally got himself a legit RB with Cadillac. Bucs ground game should improve.

913592[/snapback]

You're so kind to me. And that's why I speculated that.

Can someone else tell me of a divison where defense and the running game plays as much of a role as it does in the NFC South?

People are allowed to form their own opinions, but homerism aside, the Panthers had a tremendous off-season, and a better than average draft. I've found no one-anywhere that thinks the Panthers did not have the best off-season in franchise history. They did not dink and dunk-they filled every hole they had as well as having the most depth in Fox's tenure and in franchise history. My Bro-law lives in Charlotte and made it down to a practice session at Woffrd College, and he says S. Smith looks awesome and ready to go, and Jenkins looks like Jenkins-if you do not double team him well he bulls his way into the backfeild. The pieces are in place for this defense to be the best it's ever been-alot better. The O-line appears to be gelling with Whale a tremendous FA pick-up from GB. Now I realize it means nothing but on paper right now, but I trust Coach Fox, and he will have this group ready to play football. There is no team in the NFC that is head and shoulders above the Panthers-Eagles included, and as far as Vick is concerned-well nothing last for ever, and I would love for him to start looking past the Panthers due to past success. Bring it on, as we have a legtimate SB contender in Carolina.

Can someone else tell me of a divison where defense and the running game plays as much of a role as it does in the NFC South?

913629[/snapback]

AFC North?? :D