[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shockey fights two Jets

Ruffian

you got married just so you wouldnt have to bet on your Giants this year? Dude, that is the epitome of fear!!

that mean no on my counterbet?

and here is another blurb from that last article i posted for those that think he is useless, a trick, a toad, and wondering when he is going to show up and play football

Closing Optimism: Jeremy Shockey. There is a reason I believe Shockey is the best player the Giants have had since L.T. Just like in 2003, Shockey looks like an illegal player out there. I look at a soft physique like William Joseph – who still looks like that huge, apologetic 15-year old fat boy at lunch – and compare it to Shockey's and it's night and day. Shockey is a solid lump of granite. He was obviously the best player on the field today. And it's not even close between him and the next guy. On either team. The best offensive play of the day was a play action pass to Shockey were he caught it on the right hash, stopped on a dime and wheeled into the secondary for some great YAC (yards after the catch). He looks unbelievably quick and fast after the catch. And determined! I hope the wrapped hammy I saw him with is nothing serious. The guys look up to him. Shock stands in the middle of the offensive huddle, and tapped each guy on the helmet before the first play of 11-on-11's. Just a little roll call for the Shockster.
Edited by Robash

he is a $hit talker, not a moron...Kellen "evil kanevil" winslow jr. is a morn

915009[/snapback]

Winslow is a moran to be sure. And $hit-talking when you are hurt most of the time, or when you flip off the SF fans after being picked on, as just two examples, then you are, in fact, a moran of the first order. You can take that $hit to the bank.

39 out of 48 games isnt most of the time, yea he is head strong. Im still trying to figure out how the jets tackling like its the superbowl in a scrimage makes shocky the bad guy.

either way he is gonna have a big year.

Well, its odd then that all the Giants suckers, ur, um, I mean homers, are predicting big things from the G-Men this year.  Did you read the NFC East Predictions thread?  Every one of the NY homers were looking for a good year where they are actually contending for the division title with the Eagles .  I just thought I would take advantage of, ur, um, I mean, allow them to put their money where their big NY mouths were.  But you could hear birds chirping when I threw that bet out there.... :D  Except for a couple of particularly vile Lions fans taking shots at Gods team... :D

914582[/snapback]

Ha...good points. No reason not to throw the bet out there. For the record I am not one that is on the NYG jock this year, not by any means. 8-8 AT BEST. Eli Manning's third year should be a different story, but this is not the year.

Shockey was pretty satnd up afterwards, he said something like ... hey it's football. Stuff happens, no big deal. Hey, at least we did it in camp when the NFL can't fine or suspend us! .....

I do think it was a bit out of line, if you don't practice within the pre-agreed to guidelines, why agree to them at all? I will say that Jets' practices get pretty chippy every day, and it's mostly the young DB's who do it. They are fighting for staring jobs and roster spots, and go a bit overboard in that effort.

But, and this is funny stuff, these two jerks that call themselves the "football apostles" on ESPN radio attended the practice. One guy garanteed a ten win season for the Giants (he was the giants reporter) and the other numbskull said the Jets "might" win 9 games, but ONLY if they signed Law. Talk about smokin crack in the booth! They are such idiots, it's hard to believe. The more I hear "experts" the less respect I have for them. Last week Clayton said Vilma didn't start for half the season last year, and Salisbury didn't disagree. Vilma started game 3 and never looked back. These characters talk chit out of thier arses on a regular basis.

39 out of 48 games isnt most of the time, yea he is head strong. Im still trying to figure out how the jets tackling like its the superbowl in a scrimage makes shocky the bad guy.

either way he is gonna have a big year.

915026[/snapback]

He's played in 81% of his games over four years. Not exactly an iron man. I didn't say fighting at practice made him a bad guy...I said acting like an idiot over his four years made him one. This is not the first time he's been at the center of controversy. I wouldn't call Tiki Barber a moran because he got into one scrap at practice. But I will call Shockey one because wherever there's something bad, he's generally in the middle of it.

Edited by Ruffian

Shockey was pretty satnd up afterwards, he said something like ... hey it's football. Stuff happens, no big deal. Hey, at least we did it in camp when the NFL can't fine or suspend us! .....

I do think it was a bit out of line, if you don't practice within the pre-agreed to guidelines, why agree to them at all? I will say that Jets' practices get pretty chippy every day, and it's mostly the young DB's who do it. They are fighting for staring jobs and roster spots, and go a bit overboard in that effort.

But, and this is funny stuff, these two jerks that call themselves the "football apostles" on ESPN radio attended the practice. One guy garanteed a ten win season for the Giants (he was the giants reporter) and the other numbskull said the Jets "might" win 9 games, but ONLY if they signed Law. Talk about smokin crack in the booth!  They are such idiots, it's hard to believe. The more I hear "experts" the less respect I have for them. Last week Clayton said Vilma didn't start for half the season last year, and Salisbury didn't disagree. Vilma started game 3 and never looked back. These characters talk chit out of thier arses on a regular basis.

915159[/snapback]

i dont think 10-6 is out of reach, they could do it barring any injury problems, but i see them more 8-8/9-7. i think if i had to mke a prediction id say an overachieving 9-7

but yea guranteeing a 10-6 its obvious who pays him :D