[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting guide / points article DMD

kryptonite

i went rb,rb, rb in cave dwellers draft recently. we can start 3 rbs though so they are a premium. i agree with assessment that if you can't start 3rbs, there is no real reason to do this. i'm sort of optimistic for my teams chances even though i didn't draft a wr until the 5th round, then followed with picks in the 7th and 8th. i think my team looks good for where i drafted and i went out and grabbed a few difference makers at qb and te. my team thus far:

bulger 4.5

harrington

mcgahee 1.8

jordan....took a little early at 2.5 but i like him more than ahman, tiki, and cumar

benson 3.8....would have took cadillac but he went 2 picks before me.

shelton

blaylock

boldin 5.8

lelie 7.8

mason

stallworth

witten 6.5

for the 8th pick....it sort of worked out how dmd said it would. by going rb, rb, rb...which 3 others did beside me....i created a shortage for others. it also gave me leverage to value pick the rest of the way out. while it may not be the strongest team in the league on paper, i feel confident that it will be competive and give me a playoff berth. we are in the 13th round and i still need a kicker and defense. i could have had vinatieri for a kicker but decided to take a backup qb. i'm waiting on defense as i don't think there is much difference between the teams that are left. super sleeper triple agent wr pick coming up next.

i went rb,rb, rb in cave dwellers draft recently.  we can start 3 rbs though so they are a premium.  i agree with assessment that if you can't start 3rbs, there is no real reason to do this.  i'm sort of optimistic for my teams chances even though i didn't draft a wr until the 5th round, then followed with picks in the 7th and 8th.  i think my team looks good for where i drafted and i went out and grabbed a few difference makers at qb and te.  my team thus far:

bulger 4.5

harrington

mcgahee 1.8

jordan....took a little early at 2.5 but i like  him more than ahman, tiki, and cumar

benson 3.8....would have took cadillac but he went 2 picks before me.

shelton

blaylock

boldin 5.8

lelie 7.8

mason

stallworth

witten 6.5

for the 8th pick....it sort of worked out how dmd said it would.  by going rb, rb, rb...which 3 others did beside me....i created a shortage for others.  it also gave me leverage to value pick the rest of the way out.  while it may not be the strongest team in the league on paper, i feel confident that it will be competive and give me a playoff berth.  we are in the 13th round and i still need a kicker and defense.  i could have had vinatieri for a kicker but decided to take a backup qb.  i'm waiting on defense as i don't think there is much difference between the teams that are left.  super sleeper triple agent wr pick coming up next.

919679[/snapback]

Just for comparison's sake, another team with a RB RB RB start

Los Gigantes - Josh Aronovitch Player YTD Pts Bye Drafted

Leftwich, Byron JAC QB - 7 10.07

Plummer, Jake DEN QB - 9 8.07

Green, Ahman GBP RB - 6 2.07

McAllister, Deuce NOS RB - 10 1.06

Moats, Ryan PHI RB - 6 11.06

Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 7 3.06

Branch, Deion NEP WR - 7 9.07

Burleson, Nate MIN WR - 5 5.06

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR - 8 4.07

Toomer, Amani NYG WR - 5 12.07

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE - 5 6.06

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def - 3 7.07

12 Total Players

shows the effect on WR of waiting longer on QB.

That looks like a solid team. But why pick Deuce? Was DD available at 1.06? Who was left at 2.07? Also I think Shockey was picked too high. How far did Todd Heap fall, Alge Crumpler? Looks like you saw Witten picked at 6.05 and thought u needed to pick a TE also.... There are A LOT of TEs on even level aside form Gates, Gonzalez

here is another from the cave draft

Yukon's Dog Team -

Hasselbeck, Matt SEA QB - 7.11

Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB - 10.02

Davis, Domanick HOU RB - 1.11

Dillon, Corey NEP RB - 2.02

Jones, Thomas CHI RB - 6.02

Pittman, Michael TBB RB - 8.02

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR - 9.11

Walker, Javon GBP WR - 4.02

Ward, Hines PIT WR - 5.11

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE - 3.11

Vanderjagt, Mike IND PK - 12.02

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def - 11.11

12 Total Players

i dont have it in fornt of me but i think there were 20 rbs taken in the first 2 rounds and 38 in the first 4..... RB paid friends :D:D

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

That looks like a solid team. But why pick Deuce? Was DD available at 1.06? Who was left at 2.07? Also I think Shockey was picked too high. How far did Todd Heap fall, Alge Crumpler? Looks like you saw Witten picked at 6.05 and thought u needed to pick a TE also.... There are A LOT of TEs on even level aside form Gates, Gonzalez

920009[/snapback]

i prefer dom with rec points, deuce without.

I think shockey is the #1 or #2 te this year with an improved oline and eli leaning on him.

heap had already been taken and crumpler was the next pick after shockey.