[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Madden NFL 06

Goopster24

Help me out with the training camp part of the game and the 'points' in Superstar mode.  When I went to it, it seemed to be just a place to practice plays.  Is there some kind of point to this ?  What can it help your player personally ?  Thanks.

921640[/snapback]

I did some research and if you have a good average points per play, your created player will get better. I think if you consistently do well, these stat ups will be permanent. (also, you have to do a minimum of 10 plays per practice)

I did some research and if you have a good average points per play, your created player will get better.  I think if you consistently do well, these stat ups will be permanent.  (also, you have to do a minimum of 10 plays per practice)

921662[/snapback]

Thanks. :D

My apologies in advance for opening Sunday at 1PM. :D

Edited by Menudo

I did some experiments in superstar mode, and found a way to kinda cheat the system.  When choosing your DNA, keep changing it until your father is a pro bowl/hall of fame player at whatever position you want.  This basically guarantees that you will have a good overall.  Also, you can save right before the draft, and keep restarting if you don't like the team you get drafted by.  It will change every time.  There's also a way to get a lot of points easily in training camp, but I'm not going to go into those.  (keep in mind, this is pretty much cheating, so only use if you are desperate)

One other thing about the game:  Brock Lesnar is actually in the game!  :D

921627[/snapback]

I found a couple cheats also

My current superstar is an RB so in practice i constantly run him or have him pass catches out of the backfield against the punt-team....yeh i know its cheesy :D , but i always try to break the game one way or another each year just for the hell of it.

Also, for my first franchise team (raiders of course) in a dime defense, if you use the dual-inside corner blitz when the offense has 4-wideouts, 4 times out of 5 the QB gets sacked. Of course your inside CBs in the dime must have near 90 SPD.

I do prefer my games to be realistic though so once I expose something I try to refrain from using it again...

Edited by Return Of S&B

I finally gave the game a good test run last night.  I love the passing cone.  It takes a bit to get used to, but I think it adds a lot of realism.  Even more than that, I love the ability to spot your passes (outside if a defender is on inside coverage, high for a tall receiver, etc.).  I did some practice mode and then started the Steeler's franchise.  I left it at whatever difficulty the game comes with out of the box, and I destroyed the Eagles 49-3.  My 3 QB's comined for well over 80% passing, and my running game shredded their defense.  I let Madden call of my plays.  I do this in both NCAA and Madden, as it makes the game more challenging for me.  Instead of going to my money plays, I have to learn the entire offense.  Usually I'll play a full season with the default difficulty session until I win a Super Bowl, and then I up the level, but the default difficulty seemed to easy to me, so I might have to start at a higher level.  Has anyone else started playing yet, and what difficulty level are you playing on.  I lke to start at a lower level and then increase by season, as I get better and need it to be more challenging, but the default level seemed far too easy on both offense and defense.  I did play around with the Superstar Mode, but didn't find it as enticing as Race for the Heisman in NCAA.  I'll give it more of a chance though before giving up on it.

921599[/snapback]

Yeh i found the default setting (Pro) level to be a bit easy also. I normally play in (All-Madden) level but i figure the new cone passing scheme will take some time to get used to. I will be playing in (All-Pro) level for the new game for a while...much harder for the receivers to get open than (Pro) so far. I normally go to the next level after I win Superbowl as well.

Yeh i found the default setting (Pro) level to be a bit easy also.  I normally play in (All-Madden) level but i figure the new cone passing scheme will take some time to get used to.  I will be playing in (All-Pro) level for the new game for a while...much harder for the receivers to get open than (Pro) so far.  I normally go to the next level after I win Superbowl as well.

921904[/snapback]

I'm used to all madden and on this one they are frickin nuts.....Moulds will catch it over double coverage....then when I'm on offense...R Moss will drop 3 straight passes wide open...

I know the skill level is higher...but don't make my players retarded...

I haven't been as good at madden since they started incorporating playmaker and all of that because I can never do what I want before the snap...and I hate using the joystick...I will probably never use the back juke, because it's just not something i'm comfortable doing (right analog: back)...I dunno...nobody could beat me in 2003...and ever since playmaker came along, I mess up with the moving wideouts during play and etc....while others seem to know which wideout they are playmaking...

I'm used to all madden and on this one they are frickin nuts.....Moulds will catch it over double coverage....then when I'm on offense...R Moss will drop 3 straight passes wide open...

I haven't been as good at madden since they started incorporating playmaker and all of that because I can never do what I want before the snap...and I hate using the joystick...I will probably never use the back juke, because it's just not something i'm comfortable doing (right analog: back)...I dunno...nobody could beat me in 2003...and ever since playmaker came along, I mess up with the moving wideouts during play and etc....while others seem to know which wideout they are playmaking...

922051[/snapback]

R.T.F.M.

922051[/snapback]

Yeh I tried All-Madden level a little bit, Moss was dropping passes left and right, then freakin Peerless Price scores an 80 yd TD for the Falcons on the next possession...go figure!?!?

I'm gonna have to agree with afew of the previous posts though, I enjoy Superstar Mode much more then Race for the Heisman. Theres a lot more to keep you busy in Superstar IMO. In "Race" you just went from game to game to game, and didn't do a thing in the off season. Here you have interaction with your agent, with the team, contracts, trades, fan support, practices, training camps and what not. Just a lot more interactive and involved then Race in my opinion.

I was having trouble getting the "visability" stat up on my players homepage though, so anyone who knows anything about that, lleme know.

I do like the passing cone, and the new changes on offense (truck stick, offensive line improvement), makes it a lot more challenging for both sides of the ball which makes games a lot more interesting on Xbox live.

The defense control changes were a bit frustrating at first... The switch between the A/B or X/O buttons would give up some big plays for me the first few games. But after that its alright.

There is definetly a learning curve in this game that is a lot more difficult then the previous games, buy overall its still the same old madden. I like it better than NCAA 06, and its definetly a step up from 05. Looking forward to "Next Gen."

And for those of you who didn't catch the Madden clip of the Bush Brothers going at it (Jeb playing WR for Miami, and George W. playing DB for Dallas) definetly check that out here-

Jeb vs. George W.

kyle.