[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

King Felix Hernandez

Seahawk37

19 year old rookie pitching king Felix Hernandez made his home major league debut at Safeco Feild yesterday against the Minnesota Twins. He pitched amazing going 8.0 innings giving up no runs no walks and delivering 6 k's. He didnt get upset when Adrian Beltre made a feilding error that resulted in a bases loaded situation Felix then faced the nest batter and induced a ground ball to him and he then throw him out at first. This guy is 2 years older than me and is pitching in the major leagues and is doing very well. The Seattle Mariners signed him at age 16. He is the biggest pitching prospect in baseball. Can you say Franchise savior?

Is he related to Sid?

919015[/snapback]

No. Sid wasn't Venezuelan. This kid is.

He might weigh as much as Sid, however. The kid is huge. 1st pitch was 98, 93rd and last pitch (in the 8th) was 98. Ron Gardenhire refered to his "curveball from hell".

Should be interesting to watch develop, and here's to his shoulder not blowing out.

19 year old rookie pitching king Felix Hernandez made his home major league debut at Safeco Feild yesterday against the Minnesota Twins. He pitched amazing going 8.0 innings giving up no runs no walks and delivering 6 k's. He didnt get upset when Adrian Beltre made a feilding error that resulted in a bases loaded situation Felix then faced the nest batter and induced a ground ball to him and he then throw him out at first. This guy is 2 years older than me and is pitching in the major leagues and is doing very well. The Seattle Mariners signed him at age 16. He is the biggest pitching prospect in baseball. Can you say Franchise savior?

919005[/snapback]

That was his 2nd start, he lost his first againt the Tigers a week or so ago, hence the 1-1 record.

919005[/snapback]

That was his 2nd start, he lost his first againt the Tigers a week or so ago, hence the 1-1 record.

922600[/snapback]

He knows, it was his home debut in Seattle, not his official MLB debut.

Eww your a Yankees fan. Anyways King Felix eats yankees for breakfast. It shouldnt be a problem.

924751[/snapback]

How many world series titles do the Mariners have?

How many playoff apperances do the mariners have?

Its funny, the Yankees are having a terrible year, and will still make the playoffs...

Anytime Seattle makes the playoffs, its a season to remember...

God, I'm glad i'm not a fan of Seattle sports... With the Mariners, and Hasselbecks INT's...

And no, I don't like the yankees, but I respect their greatness...

I do however, hate the Bo Sox.

How many world series titles do the Mariners have?

How many playoff apperances do the mariners have?

Its funny, the Yankees are having a terrible year, and will still make the playoffs...

Anytime Seattle makes the playoffs, its a season to remember...

God, I'm glad i'm not a fan of Seattle sports... With the Mariners, and Hasselbecks INT's...

And no, I don't like the yankees, but I respect their greatness...

I do however, hate the Bo Sox.

932701[/snapback]

I was talking to jackshi about being a yankees fan.

And anyways the Mariners have Plunt playoff appearances have you forgotten the Championship season of 1995 where we beat the yankees in the AL West Championship. Or the 2001 season where we had 116 regular season wins. And no the yankees arent having a terrible year they are just not living up to everyones expectations. Boston is a better team they proved that last year. I love being a seattle sports fan we have the Sonics who have a real good chance at winning the NBA championship this year. The Mariners have King Felix what more is their to say.

The Seahawks are a top NFC team playoff contendors. I dont like the Bo Sox I dont like the Yankees I dont even respect their greatness its not fair. I have 20 bucks you have 30,000 bucks lets see whos car goes faster. The yankees still cant even win.

I dont like the Bo Sox I dont like the Yankees I dont even respect their greatness its not fair. I have 20 bucks you have 30,000 bucks lets see whos car goes faster. The yankees still cant even win.

933224[/snapback]

Dude... If you are going to be a fan of any sport and talk smack you should know the sport before talking smack... Who is Sid??? Come on...!

Major league debut... uuuuuhhh NO!

You don't respect the Yankee's because "It's not fair!" Stienbrenner has won 6 Championships since he bought the team in 1973... Meaning the Yankees have won 21 World Championships without "buying" them!

Stienbrenner has to be respected as man that wants to win... I don't always agree with him as a Yankees fan but have to respect his wanting to win and still make money at it!

And oh ya... after that "Great 2001" season the Mariners lost to the Yanks! :D

I was talking to jackshi about being a yankees fan.

And anyways the Mariners have Plunt playoff appearances have you forgotten the Championship season of 1995 where we beat the yankees in the AL West Championship. Or the 2001 season where we had 116 regular season wins. And no the yankees arent having a terrible year they are just not living up to everyones expectations. Boston is a better team they proved that last year. I love being a seattle sports fan we have the Sonics who have a real good chance at winning the NBA championship this year. The Mariners have King Felix what more is their to say.

The Seahawks are a top NFC team playoff contendors. I dont like the Bo Sox I dont like the Yankees I dont even respect their greatness its not fair. I have 20 bucks you have 30,000 bucks lets see whos car goes faster. The yankees still cant even win.

933224[/snapback]

On behalf of the city of Seattle, I ask you to shut up. Now.

Dude... If you are going to be a fan of any sport and talk smack you should know the sport before talking smack... Who is Sid??? Come on...!

Major league debut... uuuuuhhh NO!

You don't respect the Yankee's because "It's not fair!" Stienbrenner has won 6 Championships since he bought the team in 1973... Meaning the Yankees have won 21 World Championships without "buying" them!

Stienbrenner has to be respected as man that wants to win... I don't always agree with him as a Yankees fan but have to respect his wanting to win and still make money at it!

And oh ya... after that "Great 2001" season the Mariners lost to the Yanks!  :D

935552[/snapback]

I agree with most of what you said, but the Yankees were notorious for buying players in the 50's and 60's, trading with the Royals for their best prospects, etc...

I'm not a Yankee fan, but I dislike 37 more.

AL West Championship, that was funny 37, you don't remember that, what were you like 5? :D

Edit to add: Buying in terms of trades that involved money, etc... not free agency obviously.

Edited by chiefjay

On behalf of the city of Seattle, I ask you to shut up. Now.

935562[/snapback]

:D Good one GTS!

I found it curious that winning the AL West division title was referred to as "the Championship season of 1995."  Didn't Atlanta actually win the championship that year?  :D

935901[/snapback]

Atlanta did indeed win the '95 Series against one of the most potent offenses this side of 1945...the Cleveland Indians.

That new kid Duke in Pittsburgh is tearing it up.