[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holmes Isn't Worth It

giantsfan

I was kind of hoping for a little insight in an attempt to answer Borge's question. :D

934662[/snapback]

Well if I had a crystal ball then u may be able to pull it off... highly doubt anyone started both blaylock and Holmes.... But I have seen stranger things happen in yahoo leagues :D ( yah no those free sucky leagues)

oops

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

You mean you want to know how many people started both Priest Holmes and Derrick Blaylock in the same week?

:D

437.  Nationally.

934669[/snapback]

No. More like 0. Which makes your point, well, basically, no point at all. But thanks for playing.

No. More like 0. Which makes your point, well, basically, no point at all. But thanks for playing.

934723[/snapback]

I don't really see what you are getting at.

All I am saying is that KC is far and away the most productive running game in the NFL.

If someone's problem with it is 'If Holmes is listed as probable, I won't know what to do', I really can't help with that. Read the material, watch pre game, and set that position in your line-up as close to gametime as possible. I mean, if you are choosing between LJ and Holmes, you should be able to find out who is starting before kickoff.

With all of the problems I have had over the years deciding whom to start at RB, whether it be due to RBBC situations, injury reports, etc, I would almost like to be in a league where you don't draft individual RBs, you draft by team.

So, K.C's "RB" would be picked #1 overall (by a mile), THEN the Chargers' "RB", the Seahawks "RB", etc. So, if Alexander sits out, you still get Maurice Morris' stats, for instance. You could qualify it by saying that you only get the stats of the RB who had the most carries for his team that week, in case Holmes and Johnson split carries. The fact that a player listed as "probable" on the injury report can miss a whole game, while a player listed as "doubtful" can play a whole game lends a certain randomness to fantasy football success. I know, luck is a factor in everything. But, if you can decrease the luck factor, and increase the skill factor, then why not do it?

I have Priest without LJ, and I'm OK with it. I just drafted RB/RB/RB, so I didn't have to have LJ. Then I went WR/WR/TE/QB/WR, and my starting line-up looks like this, in a 12-team league:

QB - Brett Favre

RB - Priest Holmes

RB - Curtis Martin

WR - Andre Johnson

WR - Michael Clayton

WR - Jerry Porter

TE - Jason Witten

BN - Cadillac Williams

The smart thing is to handcuff Priest with another starting RB. And, trust me, the owner of LJ will come crying to me. It won't be the other way around.

I have Priest without LJ, and I'm OK with it.  I just drafted RB/RB/RB, so I didn't have to have LJ.  Then I went WR/WR/TE/QB/WR, and my starting line-up looks like this, in a 12-team league:

QB - Brett Favre

RB - Priest Holmes

RB - Curtis Martin

WR - Andre Johnson

WR - Michael Clayton

WR - Jerry Porter

TE - Jason Witten

BN - Cadillac Williams

The smart thing is to handcuff Priest with another starting RB.  And, trust me, the owner of LJ will come crying to me.  It won't be the other way around.

934774[/snapback]

Wouldn't you rather have had

QB - Brett Favre

RB - Priest Holmes

RB - Curtis Martin

WR - Chad Johnson (replacing Cad Williams)

WR - Michael Clayton

WR - Jerry Porter

TE - Jason Witten

BN - Larry Johnson (replacing A Johnson)

Wouldn't you rather have had

QB - Brett Favre

RB - Priest Holmes

RB - Curtis Martin

WR - Chad Johnson (replacing Cad Williams)

WR - Michael Clayton

WR - Jerry Porter

TE - Jason Witten

BN - Larry Johnson (replacing A Johnson)

934791[/snapback]

You think Chad woulda fallen to the end of round 4? I can only dream. But to answer your question, no. Having Caddy covers not only bye weeks, but also injury. LJ only covers injury. Having LJ as my 3rd RB is like me saying I expect Priest to go down early in the season. If I thought that, why not just skip Priest altogether and draft LJ in the 3rd round as my RB2?

You think Chad woulda fallen to the end of round 4?  I can only dream.  But to answer your question, no.  Having Caddy covers not only bye weeks, but also injury.  LJ only covers injury.  Having LJ as my 3rd RB is like me saying I expect Priest to go down early in the season.  If I thought that, why not just skip Priest altogether and draft LJ in the 3rd round as my RB2?

934828[/snapback]

:D

Okay...who did you draft in round 3? I assumed you put Caddy in round 3, but obviosly I misread your draft.