[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just Drafted!

Avernus

oh, balzac...I did this last year and moved deuce and a QB for manning (after he just had a game where he threw under 200 yds and right when he had his bye week)

940416[/snapback]

Nice move - you know your league better than I do, so I defer to you on whether you'll be able to get a deal done. I'd just rather play it safe than have to rely on ther teams for a trade. When other teams know you're desperate to trade, they like to hold out for more in most cases (if they're smart).

In a much more extreme example of this, some dude in one of my leagues last year drafted Manning and Cpep with his 1st 2 picks (we only started 1 QB). When nobody would give him full value for either QB, he still didn't budge in what he was asking for - he played the whole year w/ Culpepper on his bench. Funny stuff.

Nice move - you know your league better than I do, so I defer to you on whether you'll be able to get a deal done.  I'd just rather play it safe than have to rely on ther teams for a trade.  When other teams know you're desperate to trade, they like to hold out for more in most cases (if they're smart). 

In a much more extreme example of this, some dude in one of my leagues last year drafted Manning and Cpep with his 1st 2 picks (we only started 1 QB).  When nobody would give him full value for either QB, he still didn't budge in what he was asking for - he played the whole year w/ Culpepper on his bench.  Funny stuff.

940465[/snapback]

ahaha, sounds like something I'd do...but I mean...the players I have will be moved early on...we have a trade happy league...very active...so before my team is pegged as a threat or a chump, I will make this move...

I always think it is very poor strategy to draft players that you can't start with the intention of trading them later. It puts you in a weak position. The other owners in the league know you can't start all your players and there is nothing you can do to re-coup those points stagnating on your bench ... unless they trade with you. That is a position of weakness.

I always think it is very poor strategy to draft players that you can't start with the intention of trading them later.  It puts you in a weak position.  The other owners in the league know you can't start all your players and there is nothing you can do to re-coup those points stagnating on your bench ... unless they trade with you.  That is a position of weakness.

940483[/snapback]

it happens..

We had a guy that took Vick at 5.12, then Hasselback at 6.1. As if to say "I'm am REALLY stooooopid", he realises they have the same bye week and takes Palmer at 7.12! I told him Palmer was the hest of the three, but now he's stuck with 3 QB's. I told him I could trade Pennington for Palmer, but he'd still have 3 QB's. Until a QB goes down, he's stuck.

We had a guy that took Vick at 5.12, then Hasselback at 6.1. As if to say "I'm am REALLY stooooopid", he realises they have the same bye week and takes Palmer at 7.12!  I told him Palmer was the hest of the three, but now he's stuck with 3 QB's. I told him I could trade Pennington for Palmer, but he'd still have 3 QB's. Until a QB goes down, he's stuck.

940690[/snapback]

ahaha...I already have trade offers to entertain as we speak..

ahaha...I already have trade offers to entertain as we speak..

940778[/snapback]

Nice. Keep us posted as to whether you get any good ones.

I would be a little worried about that QB tandem. I am staying away from Warner even though I love his receivers because I have a feeling he is going to get hurt. If JJ starts and misses a blocking assignment Warner could get "taken out". He doesn't seem like the toughest guy around. As a Raider fan I hope for big things from Collins but I'm not completely sold on him. You've got to love all those weapons though. Hope it works out for you.

I would be a little worried about that QB tandem.  I am staying away from Warner even though I love his receivers because I have a feeling he is going to get hurt.  If JJ starts and misses a blocking assignment Warner could get "taken out".  He doesn't seem like the toughest guy around.  As a Raider fan I hope for big things from Collins but I'm not completely sold on him.  You've got to love all those weapons though.  Hope it works out for you.

940920[/snapback]

preciate it...as someone said..that I took Collins thinking he'll put up Culpepper numbers...that's just stupid....

but I will say this...he made Cunningham and Jeff george into pro bowl calibre QB's (not sure if George was a pro-bowler...but he had a pretty good season)...I am hoping I'll just need another stud WR...and then I'll make a move there unless I make a move by the end of the week...