[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just Drafted!

Avernus

check my team...rate if you like, but I'm just posting because it's my money league team

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 D/ST

performance scoring...all TD's are at least 6 pts and up to 12...1 pt per rec....when a player performs out of position (IE RB catches for yds or a TD, the points double...that's where the TD's are worth 10-12 pts...reg. 6-9)

money league

QB

Collins

Warner

RB

L Jordan

Edge

K Jones

M Anderson

D rhodes

WR

A Johnson

Boldin

Williamson

McCareins

Lloyd

A Bryant

Gardner

TE

Dallas Clark

K

Carney

D/ST

Steelers

That is ridiculous good for a 12 team league. A Bryant might be a great late pick there. RB's are stupid good. This looks like an 8 team league roster. I have my doubts about Williamson and Lloyd, but I think McCariens will have a very good year, this being his second with the Jets and back under OC Heimerdinger. Now, you have to look at MY local draft thread! Ha! Or.... I'll.... edit this, er sumpthin. :D

Edited by Rovers

3rd....if you'd like to know the players taken around him...let me know...there was 2 clueless people at the draft fyi

939516[/snapback]

Nah thats ok...I would be more inclined to find out where you drafted and I can kinda piece it together. I always read these posts and for the most part, its like a real mock, you can see where players fall as it gets closer to my draft time.

Nah thats ok...I would be more inclined to find out where you drafted and I can kinda piece it together. I always read these posts and for the most part, its like a real mock, you can see where players fall as it gets closer to my draft time.

939529[/snapback]

drafted 7th...

That is ridiculous good for a 12 team league. A Bryant might be a great late pick there. RB's are stupid good. This looks like an 8 team league roster. I have my doubts about Williamson and Lloyd, but I think McCariens will have a very good year, this being his second with the Jets and back under OC Heimerdinger. Now, you have to look at MY local draft thread! Ha! Or.... I'll.... edit this, er sumpthin.  :D

939522[/snapback]

ahaha...where's it at?

Wow.  Nicely done ... Find the right pick at WR3 and make the right choice a QB each week and you've got to have a shot at the title ...  :D  If you wanted to upgrade, can you trade Anderson to the Tatum Bell owner for a better WR and a better kicker?

939629[/snapback]

I might hold onto Anderson until he isn't the starter....I'll be fine at kicker and wideout, I think and might have gold with either QB...if not, I could always make a trade :D

check my team...rate if you like, but I'm just posting because it's my money league team

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 D/ST

performance scoring...all TD's are at least 6 pts and up to 12...1 pt per rec....when a player performs out of position (IE RB catches for yds or a TD, the points double...that's where the TD's are worth 10-12 pts...reg. 6-9)

money league 

QB

Collins

Warner

RB

L Jordan

Edge

K Jones

M Anderson

D rhodes

WR

A Johnson

Boldin

Williamson

McCareins

Lloyd

A Bryant

Gardner

TE

Dallas Clark

K

Carney

D/ST

Steelers

939505[/snapback]

I'm not as sold on the team as others. Edge is a solid and a nice grab at 7, he will get great yardage and average TDs. I like KJ but do wonder about the loss of his full back. Lamont is all hype right now and a risk. Who knows about Anderson :D

IMO you took a big risk at QB, apparently buying off on the theory that Moss will make Collins into Culpepper. Warner has a soft schedule this year ... but what the heck has he done of late.

I like AJohnson he's a good #1. Boldin should be okay although Fitz will cut into his numbers (and possibly Arrington as well). Williamson is a rookie and another gamble ... you are more likely to miss with rookie WRs than not. McCareins is a possession kind of guy. The rest are gambles.

I like Dallas Clark alot, you did well there IMO.

Steelers should be okay and kickers are kickers.

If you can choose the right QB each week and they perform up to the hype that will help.

LT, Manning, Alexander, Holmes, Culpepper and McNabb...

939925[/snapback]

Tangible evidence of the impact of starting 2 qbs :D ... have never played in that format and am not a big fan of it. With reliable, productive starting qbs maybe being scarcer non-rbbc RBs, I can understand the jump here for culp and mcnabb.

Nice that you have edge, KJ, and Jordan at RB and Johnson was still there for WR.

Collins has too much risk attached for me to want to draft him, but I also can't argue against his upside: Great group of receivers, an extra year in the system, bad defense so he'll probably be in shoot-outs. I just wonder whether he'll be consistent.

TE, DEF - both strong.

Looks really solid to me, good luck.

Tangible evidence of the impact of starting 2 qbs  :D ... have never played in that format and am not a big fan of it.  With reliable, productive starting qbs maybe being scarcer non-rbbc RBs, I can understand the jump here for culp and mcnabb.

939929[/snapback]

we only start 1 QB ahaha

I'm not as sold on the team as others.  Edge is a solid and a nice grab at 7, he will get great yardage and average TDs.  I like KJ but do wonder about the loss of his full back.  Lamont is all hype right now and a risk.  Who knows about Anderson :D

IMO you took a big risk at QB, apparently buying off on the theory that Moss will make Collins into Culpepper.  Warner has a soft schedule this year ... but what the heck has he done of late. 

I like AJohnson he's a good #1.  Boldin should be okay although Fitz will cut into his numbers (and possibly Arrington as well).  Williamson is a rookie and another gamble ... you are more likely to miss with rookie WRs than not.  McCareins is a possession kind of guy.  The rest are gambles.

I like Dallas Clark alot, you did well there IMO.

Steelers should be okay and kickers are kickers.

If you can choose the right QB each week and they perform up to the hype that will help.

939722[/snapback]

I'm looking to be able to trade a RB, WR and a QB for a top notch QB and a top notch WR sometime by week 5...

I thought I was getting a top 5 RB at 1.7 and a top 10 RB at 2.5 :D ...I'm not really a fan of Edge's situation....but he was the best available IMO...and I saw Jordan there in the 3rd and thought of him being used in the passing game and 1pt per rec...so I figured he'd be a great value pick for me...since I normally get a stud WR later (IE: last year Javon Walker in the 5th)...so I went with Boldin only because someone just took Fitz and I didn't like the available WR's left to me at the time....

I don't care how my team looks right now, though...I will be working some good trades early in the season..

Nice that you have edge, KJ, and Jordan at RB and Johnson was still there for WR.

Collins has too much risk attached for me to want to draft him, but I also can't argue against his upside: Great group of receivers, an extra year in the system, bad defense so he'll probably be in shoot-outs. I just wonder whether he'll be consistent.

TE, DEF - both strong.

Looks really solid to me, good luck.

939944[/snapback]

I mean...Collins was still there in the 5th...and alot of teams went QB heavy, early on with the TD's being between 6-9 pts....not realizing the RB's are still scarce and you can still get a quality QB later....

it went something like this

edge

kj

jordan

johnson

collins

boldin

clark

steelers

warner

williamson (even though, I might dump him for T Taylor...I want to see if Williamson makes the slot with his speed)

anderson

the rest dont even matter...

I agree that you're very RB strong w/ 3 potential studs (maybe even 4 if Bell completely craps out), but I'm not sure that you need to be in a league where you can only start 2. Rather than grabbing Jordan in the 3rd, I think you'd have been better off getting a Chad Johnson/Marvin Harrison/Tory Holt type. Reason I say this is that your league seems to be VERY WR centric - start 3 WRs (as opposed to a max of 2 RB) and you get the ppr. It's a difference of drafting styles, but I just don't see the benefit of addressing a bench spot (3rd RB) before even drafting your first WR or QB.

I'd try to move Jordan right now in some sort of package for an elite WR or possibly a QB upgrade.

I agree that you're very RB strong w/ 3 potential studs (maybe even 4 if Bell completely craps out), but I'm not sure that you need to be in a league where you can only start 2.  Rather than grabbing Jordan in the 3rd, I think you'd have been better off getting a Chad Johnson/Marvin Harrison/Tory Holt type.  Reason I say this is that your league seems to be VERY WR centric - start 3 WRs (as opposed to a max of 2 RB) and you get the ppr.  It's a difference of drafting styles, but I just don't see the benefit of addressing a bench spot (3rd RB) before even drafting your first WR or QB.

I'd try to move Jordan right now in some sort of package for an elite WR or possibly a QB upgrade.

940267[/snapback]

I want to wait until a few weeks into the season....I'll be able to make a trade for something nice...

I don't want to make the trade now when everyone holds their values in other places...