[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this rookie worth a gamble

radub1

Well, the guy is dumb as a stump. At Auburn, Tubby tried to move him to linebacker (the positiion Saban wanted for at LSU) and he never could pick it up. Nowhere near the talent of the other auburn backs (i know, who is, but he's not even close). I honestly don't think he'll be in the league long.

Jacobs will be a STUD! He's absolutely tearing up training camp and pre-season, and he's going to get plenty of touches this year. Since you have Tiki, I'd say it's a no-brainer to handcuff him with Jacobs ... the Giants coaching staff is in love with the kid, and his size/speed ratio (6'4", 256lbs, 4.56 40) is just unreal. He'll start the year as their short yardage back, but could steal quite a few goal line carries from Tiki, and end up doing a lot more when it's all said and done.

The reason he left Auburn is because he was on the same team as Cadillac and Brown, and he actually wanted to get some playing time. Please note, Jacobs did not WANT to move to LB ... lots of coaches felt that at his size, he should be a LB or DE, but he's a running back, plain and simple and he didn't want to switch positions.

So he went to So. Illinois, and he slipped to the 4th round, where I believe the Giants got the steal of the draft. (I took a flyer on him in the 14th round)

In a keeper league AND you have Tiki?

no brainer, pick him up and see what happens...

942326[/snapback]

Exactly!!! You better move fast, especially in a Keeper League.

Well, the guy is dumb as a stump. At Auburn, Tubby tried to move him to linebacker (the positiion Saban wanted for at LSU) and he never could pick it up.  Nowhere near the talent of the other auburn backs (i know, who is, but he's not even close).  I honestly don't think he'll be in the league long.

942200[/snapback]

Jacobs will be a STUD!  He's absolutely tearing up training camp and pre-season, and he's going to get plenty of touches this year.  Since you have Tiki, I'd say it's a no-brainer to handcuff him with Jacobs ... the Giants coaching staff is in love with the kid, and his size/speed ratio (6'4", 256lbs, 4.56 40) is just unreal.  He'll start the year as their short yardage back, but could steal quite a few goal line carries from Tiki, and end up doing a lot more when it's all said and done.

The reason he left Auburn is because he was on the same team as Cadillac and Brown, and he actually wanted to get some playing time.  Please note, Jacobs did not WANT to move to LB ... lots of coaches felt that at his size, he should be a LB or DE, but he's a running back, plain and simple and he didn't want to switch positions.

So he went to So. Illinois, and he slipped to the 4th round, where I believe the Giants got the steal of the draft.  (I took a flyer on him in the 14th round)

942279[/snapback]

I would say the truth is somewhere in between these two statements.

He was good at Auburn - I believe he averaged over 6 YPC as a freshman at Auburn, but let's face it - if he was THAT good, he would have stuck around and made Cadillac and Brown ride the pine.

Yes, he has looked good in preseason - but then again, so did Ron Dayne when he was a rookie.

If you're in a dynasty league and you have Tiki, he's a worthy gamble.

Who know's - maybe Tiki will go down and Jacobs will have a couple of "Christian Okoye"-type years.

Lets not get carried away here, Ron Dayne looks great EVERY pre-season, and when the bell rings, where is he , sitting way down on the end of the bench ! This kid looks like an intriguing prospect, but lets not annoint him a STUD quite yet ! In TD - heavy leagues , however, he COULD be a STUD !!! :D