[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Alexander thingy on ESPN

bushwacked

I like Sean as a player and he seems to be a stand up man. But, ESPN was observing his one year contract with the Hawks and comparing him to all the Seattle stars that left for bigger and better things (Alex Rodriquez, Ken Griffey Jr. Gary Patyon, etc....)

Now, I haven't LIVED in my homeland for the last 4 years but ESPN's comparison seemed really overblown. Sean is a great running back but give me Kenney Easley and Steve Largent! If he sticks a linebacker on a passing down...things may change. darn liberal media.

I like Sean as a player and he seems to be a stand up man.  But, ESPN was observing his one year contract with the Hawks and comparing him to all the Seattle stars that left for bigger and better things (Alex Rodriquez, Ken Griffey Jr.  Gary Patyon, etc....)

Now, I haven't LIVED in my homeland for the last 4 years but ESPN's comparison seemed really overblown.  Sean is a great running back but give me Kenney Easley and  Steve Largent!    If he sticks a linebacker on a passing down...things may change.  darn liberal media.

943272[/snapback]

Yeah, the Media does seem to love Sean all right. He's very affable & upbeat, and he interviews well. Most fans did too, despite (cough*can't pass block*cough) his faults (Cough*falls down at the first sign of cantact*cough).

However, the "knife in the back" comment last year really rubbed a lot fans the wrong way. He'll have trouble getting over that one however long he stays in Seattle. Heck, there were comments still in the crowd tonight ("SA's running good, guess he got over the knife wound")

As I said in another post, I'd like to see him stay, but if he goes, I won't be bummed NEARLY to the level I was when the M's traded Griffey. Not even close.

Like I said before and I'll say it again, He isnt leaving us. Why wouldnt you love him 14+ TD's in 4 straight seasons better than Priest Holmes. He is pretty confident he is gonna stay here. I hope thats the case.

Like I said before and I'll say it again, He isnt leaving us. Why wouldnt you love him 14+ TD's in 4 straight seasons better than Priest Holmes. He is pretty confident he is gonna stay here. I hope thats the case.

943299[/snapback]

Shaun Alexander

2001 = 16td

2002 = 18td

2003 = 16td

2004 = 20td

Total = 70td

Priest Holmes

2001 = 10td

2002 = 24td (14 games)

2003 = 27td

2004 = 15td (8 games)

Total = 76td

Shaun is an excellent player, but he does not compare to a healthy Holmes.

Shaun Alexander

2001 = 16td

2002 = 18td

2003 = 16td

2004 = 20td

Total = 70td

Priest Holmes

2001 = 10td

2002 = 24td (14 games)

2003 = 27td

2004 = 15td (8 games)

Total = 76td

"Healthy" being the key word here. :D

Shaun Alexander

2001 = 16td

2002 = 18td

2003 = 16td

2004 = 20td

Total = 70td

Priest Holmes

2001 = 10td

2002 = 24td (14 games)

2003 = 27td

2004 = 15td (8 games)

Total = 76td

943386[/snapback]

It doesnt help to have a coach that throws the ball at the 1... Holmgren does anything he can to air it out. Vermeal knows who his best player is, and tries to get the ball in his hands as much as possible. These are two elite guys, just a difference in systems...

It doesnt help to have a coach that throws the ball at the 1... Holmgren does anything he can to air it out. Vermeal knows who his best player is, and tries to get the ball in his hands as much as possible.  These are two elite guys, just a difference in systems...

943748[/snapback]

Alexander gets a bunch of one yard TDs. I know in Green Bay Holmgren would throw it from inside the five, but not so much since he's been in Seattle.