[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephen Davis practicing with the first team

Swampnuts

http://www.gastongazette.com/Portal/ASP/sp...lay.asp?ID=1344

Says here Stephen Davis is back and practicing with the first team offense. John Fox shows some loyalty to the vets, but it's too early to tell.

945595[/snapback]

to quote myself

what about the "you get every chance to get your job back" philosophy?

Though Davis being on the PUP early is not encouraging, do you all think that if he is willing and able (neither of which are givens) he might be right there at the start of the season?

I think that SD will be given absolutely every chance to be the starter.

foster was on the verge of taking his job when they were both healthy. foster will be given 1st chance to shine. davis is going with the first team right now to see what he's got left. i think he's pretty old to bounce back from that injury but we'll see. shelton hasn't come along like they had hoped, so davis would have value perhaps as short yardage back. if deshaun stays healthy (big if in its own right) he will be the man. jmo.

Going against the flow, and most of the experts, I have maintained all year that Davis was not done.... that he could come back from this and play well enough to win the starting job. just goes to show, even blind tools can hit a nail on the head once in a while! :D