[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Priest/LJ handcuff...

Ralph Furley

The last 2 years drafting Priest Holmes meant you had solid gold up until playoff time. When a player fails to finish out 2 seasons in a row due to injuries it is a sign of wearing down and his health for this season is a legitimate concern. Now add in the fact that LJ looked really great last season filling in for Holmes and that brings us to where we are today.

I thought I was going to have to decide between Holmes and James in the Generation Lost draft. I really wanted to draft Holmes but didn't want to have to grab LJ in the 4th or 5th round. I finally settled on James. It turned out to be a moot point as I took SAlexander.

So, IMO, Holmes does drop a couple spots because LJ is going to be drafted by somebody before the 5th round is done and that is much earlier than I want to draft a handcuff.

I typically don't like to handcuff players but like to build depth.

I typically don't like to handcuff players but like to build depth.

Drafting LJ in the 4th or 5th builds your depth. The problem with picking LJ then is you're building depth before you fill your roster with starters. Still, if I can corner the market on the KC running attack, I'm burning that #1 and #4. You get what you pay for.

Drafting LJ in the 4th or 5th builds your depth.  The problem with picking LJ then is you're building depth before you fill your roster with starters.  Still, if I can corner the market on the KC running attack, I'm burning that #1 and #4.  You get what you pay for.

947233[/snapback]

I like to build depth with players that are starting. Drafting LJ does not give me any depth unless Holmes is hurt.

I like to build depth with players that are starting.  Drafting LJ does not give me any depth unless Holmes is hurt.

947241[/snapback]

That was exactly my point earlier. There is still good value for your starting positions at that point in the draft.

What's your point waterboy? Tell me something I don't already know.

947224[/snapback]

Well when there's a bye and you have both Chief RBs, and you passed over another starting RB to do that, what are you going to do? Call the week off?

Well when there's a bye and you have both Chief RBs, and you passed over another starting RB to do that, what are you going to do? Call the week off?

947862[/snapback]

That is the problem with Holmes this year, his early bye. It is why I passes on LJ in favor of Mike Anderson (I probably should have went Barlow). I like Blaylock as a value pick and bye sub for later in the season but with a week 5 bye before one handcuffs Johnson they need to find someone to cover that game for them. Johnson won't do that. JMHO.

Hopefully Anderson won't lose his job by week 5.

947862[/snapback]

Well, it's always nice with a fantasy team to have extra players for each position. This is often referred to as a "bench", and when your player(s) are on a bye you start one of your other RB's that week. I hope this helps.

Well, it's always nice with a fantasy team to have extra players for each position. This is often referred to as a "bench", and when your player(s) are on a bye you start one of your other RB's that week. I hope this helps.

948255[/snapback]

Are you going to be drafting/have drafted 4 RBs, 3 to fix one starting spot? I usually go with 3 RBs. I'd be surprised if 3 of those RBs are starters, if it's a 12+ team league.

Assuming LJ is taken earlier by you than he should be, due to the other owners being intelligent, and you devote a 4th pick for a RB, what do your WRs look like?

Are you going to be drafting/have drafted 4 RBs, 3 to fix one starting spot? I usually go with 3 RBs. I'd be surprised if 3 of those RBs are starters, if it's a 12+ team league.

Assuming LJ is taken earlier by you than he should be, due to the other owners being intelligent, and you devote a 4th pick for a RB, what do your WRs look like?

948264[/snapback]

The point of all this is what you wind up with. Priest and LJ are money no matter what. If you draft J. Lewis, you also have to draft C. Taylor. Granted they are farther down the draft, but the coveted RB money game is virtually guaranteed with Priest/LJ. So you have to draft Moe Williams late... he'll get you some points for a bye week, but it's just one week. I'm not saying the 4th is worthy, but late in the 5th probably is.