[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction draft penalties

driveby

This will be the first time we've done an auction style draft in my local and while I'm doing everything I can to make sure it goes off without a hitch, I have to prepare for the worst.

With that in mind, what penalty should be imposed if someone runs out of money before filling out their roster? Like I said, I don't anticipate this happening, but given the past history of alcohol consumption and general debauchery, the possibility is there.

I'm open to all suggestions up to and including corporal punishment. :D

Our commissioner has a laptop with him and as he enters players selected he also enters salary into a spreadsheet. There is a formula that keeps a running total of dollars left. Since our minimum bid is $1.00 - it's very easy to tell when there is exactly enough money left to fill out a roster with minimum bids only.

We've never had an issue. I don't think we have a penalty in place in case it fell through the rocks though. I'm curious to hear what others do as well.

we also have someone keeping track but it is up to the owners to know how much money they have and keep it accurate! We had someone screw up last year and spend an extra $3 but we survived. My advice is later in the draft do an audit of all totals to make sure. we did it (team a checks team b etc) that kept everybody on task to figure it out.

League I'm running, I'm penalizing it with transaction deductions. Since its a cheap league wo/any transaction fees, I limited the transaction the person has from weeks 1-12 to 5. If someone overbids and we don't catch it at the draft, basically they will lose 1-5 transactions depending on how much they over shot their budget.

Regardless their should be some penalty dependant upon how much they over shot. Its hard to say what though without knowing more about the league setup.