[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raider Fans

spain

Aug 22 Reserve running back Justin Fargas was one of several Raiders' backups to struggle as Oakland gave up a lead its starters earned in the first half of Saturday's game with the Texans. According to the Contra Costa Times, Fargas failed to pick up the blitz on three occasions in the second half. He gained 35 yards on 11 carries and caught two passes for 20 yards.

Views: A third-round draft pick in 2003, Fargas has not lived up to expectations. At this point, fullback Zack Crockett is being given second-string tailback touches behind LaMont Jordan in practice.

IF Jordan goes down, I'm afraid the Raiders running game will look a lot like last year's...an ineffective RBBC which would most likely use Fargas/Crockett/and this new guy they picked up off of waivers Leonard Henry (played for the Dolphins)

Jessie Chatman (LTs former backup) was in camp a couple weeks ago (after the Chargers let him go) but the Raiders didnt sign him (they should have).

IF Jordan stays healthy, the sky is the limit because he has shown that he can catch the ball out of the backfield as well as run up the middle and down the sideline.

Surprisingly Crockett has been getting some touches while the team was not in the redzone and has looked somewhat effective. If i had to choose one of the backups I would bypass Fargas (made of glass) and choose Crockett