[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Reason To Like Peyton Manning

baddfish2

Outside the lines just ran a piece on Peyton and Eli as they took a trip to the Gulf Coast to lend a hand, meet with victims and listen to their stories a while. They showed Peyton working the end of a conveyer belt unloading supplies from a plane etc etc.

But the best part was his comment:

"Instead of calling a press conference to talk about it, just come down here and do something about it." :D

That's not to take anything away from Deion and Dunn, because what they've done is raise awareness and money within their communities, but Manning is a class act, the guy has to be one of the most well rounded athletes I think I've ever seen.

The pictures of those people and the looks on their faces while talking to Eli and Peyton, you could see hope and relief on their face. They know the Mannings aren't there to save them, but if they are there to reassure them, then maybe there is hope for the victims.

:D "Peyton, hey Peyton, you're my favorite player man, I wish you were on my fantasy team"!!!

Not to let it be lost either that this makes Eli look like much less of a squid then he did after the whole SD/NY thing.

966312[/snapback]

Good point. He still has the deer in the headlights look to him when he's standing next to his big brother, but I suppose if he learns to handle himself even a third as well as Peyton he may just sound like he belongs someday.

:D

966323[/snapback]

I wonder which one's agent chartered the NetJet and paid for the helicopter for them to get the Manning boys down there for that photo-op! :D

I know, I know - I'll save you all the trouble....I'll give myself a wedgie for that one.. :D