[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cedric Benson

Cunning Runt

I'm a Cedric Benson owner and per the game stats, it looks like Jones got 20 carries to Benson's 16. A fairly even split which is encouraging.

That said, According to NFL.com Jones gained 139yds and 2TDs and Benson only 49yds and no TDs.

These numbers do not bode well for Benson claiming the RB job in Chi anytime soon and I am seriously hoping that he does. I remember last year Jones started off real hot then slowed down considerably. Anyone have a take on what to expect from Benson as the season moves along?

Jones got about 40% of his points the first 3 weeks and then was hurt for 4 weeks. I think he'll play as long as he produces. If it weren't for the blowout, I don't think Benson would have gotten more than 10 carries. If Jones slows down, Benson will get the lion's (no pun intended) share.

Further consider the bulk of Benson's carries came once the Bears had the game firmly in hand. Benson is going to see action, but I have my doubts that Jones will be displaced as the primary RB if he keeps playing well. Consider the following:

- 3 TDs in two games;

- 200+ combined yards in two games;

- averaging 4.9 ypc; and

- no turnovers.

You really gonna bench *that* for a rookie who tried to hold you hostage? Eventually, yes. But not now. The Bears would be better served by letting their DEF do their thing and giving both RBs 15+ carries a game. What's funny is that the Bears are playing Ravens-like football better than the Ravens right now. And if the Bears are smart, they'll worry about developing Orton more than developing Benson at this point in the season. At least as long as Jones continues to play well.

Is it bad ff karma to wish that a starter would get hurt so the backup you have on your team will get to play? :D

1003101[/snapback]

wishing is bad. thinking about it and trying to will it to happen is not.

:D

i said it in last weeks post about this subject and i think i was right. jones looked good and probably keeps playing. they both will get looks, but thinking that benson will get everything later in the yr even is a mistake. rbbc in chicago?? not by design but it might be what we get. as a fantasy owner it will suck, but i'm willing to sacrifice if it brings dabears a division title.

I'm a Cedric Benson owner and per the game stats, it looks like Jones got 20 carries to Benson's 16. A fairly even split which is encouraging.

1002895[/snapback]

this means nothing since i believe all of Thomas Jones carries came before one of Benson's . Benson just came in after the Bears were up by 20 some points.

this means nothing since i believe all of Thomas Jones carries came before one of Benson's . Benson just came in after the Bears were up by 20 some points.

1003679[/snapback]

Agree...read my earlier post, CR.