[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells and Julius Jones

Grits and Shins

He said that in training camp as well and it has not happened yet. Parcells has put that call on his assistant coaches who have been leary of replacing Jones with the backs on the active roster. Against the 49ers only Barber & Thompson were active, Thomas was not. Parcells said he'll remind the assistants about his wishes though I'd bet they will still be hesitent. Note: JJ only has had around 25 carries a game.

He said that in training camp as well and it has not happened yet. Parcells has put that call on his assistant coaches who have been leary of replacing Jones with the backs on the active roster. Against the 49ers only Barber & Thompson were active, Thomas was not. Parcells said he'll remind the assistants about his wishes though I'd bet they will still be hesitent. Note: JJ only has had around 25 carries a game.

1030669[/snapback]

I believe that it is not necessarily the amount of carries that is the issue but the number of plays he is in ... I believe JJ was in on 75% ish of the plays and as I recall Bill wants that percentage to be lower.

Obviously that doesn't necessarily equate to fewer carries ... but you have to believe that is should result in fewer touches.

I believe that it is not necessarily the amount of carries that is the issue but the number of plays he is in ... I believe JJ was in on 75% ish of the plays and as I recall Bill wants that percentage to be lower.

Obviously that doesn't necessarily equate to fewer carries ... but you have to believe that is should result in fewer touches.

1030680[/snapback]

That is true ... carries wear a back down but so does blocking in passing situations. JJ has carries all but 10 carries for the 'Boys this year (88%) so you'd have to think he has been in the game around the same % of total plays. That is a hugh number.

In yesterday's press conference Bill said that he has been working Julius too much and wants to lessen his load.

1030631[/snapback]

Parcells has said those kinds of things about his starting RBs before (not just in Dallas), and he rarely (if ever?) follows through.

As an owner of Julius, I have zero concern. He's so completely the man in the Dallas offense it's not even funny.