[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

White Sox Clinch!

gilthorp

Well, they certainly limped into it, but being a team that win 95+ games, they deserve this title.

They have had some fairly solid pitching lately, so they go into the playoffs playing some low scoring affairs, and that should have them ready, but their record against the Angels and Yankees/Red Sox have not been so great.

Anyhow, it's good to see my boys make the playoffs and let's roll the dice in the playoffs.

:D

Well, they certainly limped into it, but being a team that win 95+ games, they deserve this title.

They have had some fairly solid pitching lately, so they go into the playoffs playing some low scoring affairs, and that should have them ready, but their record against the Angels and Yankees/Red Sox have not been so great.

Anyhow, it's good to see my boys make the playoffs and let's roll the dice in the playoffs.

1031345[/snapback]

Congrats to the White Sox!

But I hear Bartman got front row tickets!!! :D

Thing to remember about the Sox "limping" into it, as Ken Williams pointed out on PTI today - they were hardly choking things away; they maintained a .500 pace and will probably clinch homefield in the AL playoffs, fer cryin' out loud.

This was more a case of the Indians grabbing the bull by the balls and making a charge for the ages.

Thing to remember about the Sox "limping" into it, as Ken Williams pointed out on PTI today - they were hardly choking things away; they maintained a .500 pace and will probably clinch homefield in the AL playoffs, fer cryin' out loud.

This was more a case of the Indians grabbing the bull by the balls and making a charge for the ages.

1031960[/snapback]

Well, playing .500 ball the entire second half of the season does not bode well for a playoff contender...

Well....the Sox need to beat Cleveland to keep them out of the playoffs.

I expect the Sox/Yankees to go down to the final game, but I'd like to see both of them make it. Heck, let's even see a playoff for the division so their bullpens get racked even worse.

Keeping the Indians out ensures the White Sox won't have to face the Angels, who have a pitching staff that will murder them.

I expect the Sox/Yankees to go down to the final game, but I'd like to see both of them make it. Heck, let's even see a playoff for the division so their bullpens get racked even worse.

Keeping the Indians out ensures the White Sox won't have to face the Angels, who have a pitching staff that will murder them.

1033753[/snapback]

Yeah, I was kind of hoping the Phillies would make it in the NL East as the wild card so the Braves would have to stomp out the Padres and the Cards and Phils would go toe to toe.

1033753[/snapback]

I fear the angels the most, i would like to face the yankees in the 1st round.

Well, playing .500 ball the entire second half of the season does not bode well for a playoff contender...

1032051[/snapback]

Well, after the win today, if they play .500 ball in their next 4 games, they're in the ALCS.

Well, after the win today, if they play .500 ball in their next 4 games, they're in the ALCS.

1043485[/snapback]

Umm...yeah, I could say that too after today's result. Prognosticator extraordinaire? :D