[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Housh's injury weird to you!

matykus

Normally when a player is injured you get a detailed breakdown of the extent of an injury! AKA Moss gets hurt the status of the xrays and MRI's are released. With housh it's like it's a covert coverup. It's a bruise! Three weeks out with a bruise! Anyone else think this is weird?

Off the cincy website:

"But Lewis did say wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh (hand) is improving, he’ll practice for the first time since the Oct. 2 injury in limited fashion Wednesday, and he’s “testifying” to play. He’s still listed as questionable."

At least he is practicing!

Off the cincy website:

"But Lewis did say wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh (hand) is improving, he’ll practice for the first time since the Oct. 2 injury in limited fashion Wednesday, and he’s “testifying” to play. He’s still listed as questionable."

At least he is practicing!

1081877[/snapback]

Thank God!! I need him to play this week!!!

There is brusing near the site of a small fracture. He'd been wearing a protective cast to "help limit the swelling". Put two and two together and it sounds like he cracked something in his hand/lower arm. I'm guessing it is an undisclosed fracture - you don't have much tissue in your hand that would swell up so severely to affect you for 3 weeks. It is not like a deep bruise to your calf or your thigh. Definitely sounds like a Belichick cover up in the making.

Hopefully he will play, who knows what he did in practice on Wed - I hear conflicting reports:

Fanball:

Oct 20 Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh's bruised hand has improved enough for him to participate in part of Wednesday's practice, reports the team's website. Houshmandzadeh hasn't played since bruising his hand October 2 against the Texans.

KFFL:

Oct 19 Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (hand) did not practice Wednesday, Oct. 19, and is listed as questionable for Week 7 against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

So maybe he did not participate in the drills, but did streching and watched film? The team wants him to play this weekend, he clearly wants to play, and I want him to play. We'll have to wait and see...

From the Bengals website:

Updated: 10-20-05, 5:15 p.m. Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh dressed for the first time Thursday since injuring his hand in the Oct. 2 win over Houston and caught some balls softly thrown his way in warmups and proceeded to practice in 11-on-11.Head coach Marvin Lewis said he did "OK.," but he is listed as questionable. .

for half of last season noone in cincy knew what was wrong with perry. this is par for the course for the team ... they are very guarded about putting any information out there on injuries.

but i have to believe if tj is testifying, well, that has to mean something.

tony