[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

is Willie Parker the starter going forward?

Cowboy Killah

The only thing I recall is this article (posted October 14th):

Slow healer

Running back Duce Staley said he is not 100 percent recovered from knee surgery, but did not say that will be the case the rest of the season -- as Cowher suggested the other day.

"Who knows," said Staley, who was deactivated for the game in San Diego and probably will not dress against Jacksonville. "Right now, I'm not 100 percent, but I can't speak for the rest of the year. I think the last couple weeks, you can easily make the assumption. It's getting better, but it's a slow process."

Cowher said in his weekly news conference Tuesday that Staley, who had surgery to repair a torn meniscus, might not be 100 percent for the rest of the season.

Staley, who missed the preseason and the first two games of the regular season, appeared for three plays against the New England Patriots but did not touch the ball. But, when Jerome Bettis returned from a calf injury, he moved up to the No. 2 back behind Willie Parker and Staley was deactivated against the Chargers.

"It's very disappointing, very frustrating, because I know I can contribute," Staley said. "With all the backs we have here, we all do something different, and I know I definitely can contribute and definitely go out and make plays. But, in order to do that, I got to be healthy."

Staley hasn't had a carry since the AFC championship game loss to New England. He has practiced the past five weeks, but might not get in uniform until there is another backfield injury.

"Until I can go out and actually put plays back-to-back-to-back and be consistent, I'm not 100 percent," Staley said. "Some days you have good days, some days you have bad days. You have to be able to go out there and practice, practice, practice without any problems."

Definitely good keeper value. Bettis will retire after this year and I saw a few articles too that said the same thing. I bet Staley will play later in the season some but probably a couple carries here and there. I would be more worried about Bettis stealing the goal line.