[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R Ferguson

Avernus

Robert Ferguson, WR GB

News: Packers WR Robert Ferguson has a sprained left knee and will miss a month of football because of it. Head coach Mike Sherman said it's possible Ferguson, a resilient fifth-year veteran, would be able to get back on the field in two weeks.

Analysis: Owners should reserve Ferguson and hope his return can coincide with a valiant Fantasy playoff run.

He tore his LCL.  I don't know what that is, but it can't be good.  How does a torn ligament heal without surgery anyways?  Chargerz??

1099896[/snapback]

Lateral collateral ligament. I tore my ACL, tore my miscus, broke my kneecap (after surgery due to a bone graff) and "strained" my PCL. :D Not fun believe me. I do not think he will back anytime soon. Here is a diagram of the knee. I was on crutches for 2 weeks and laid up for about a year. Todays technology is better but you never know.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report....opcategory=Knee

Edited by BigTen

Lateral collateral ligament.  I tore my ACL, tore my miscus, broke my kneecap (after surgery due to a bone graff)  and "strained" my MCL.  :D Not fun believe me.  I do not think he will back anytime soon.  Here is a diagram of the knee.  I was on crutches for 2 weeks and laid up for about a year.  Todays technology is better but you never know. 

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report....opcategory=Knee

1100182[/snapback]

jesus dood sounds like you shouldn't have legs :D anyway, sounds like you know your stuff, i have a question. what sorta knee injury will end a career? or is a torn ACL/MCL/another CL what USED to end careers before we got technology? just something i've been wondering about....

jesus dood sounds like you shouldn't have legs :D anyway, sounds like you know your stuff, i have a question. what sorta knee injury will end a career? or is a torn ACL/MCL/another CL what USED to end careers before we got technology? just something i've been wondering about....

1100200[/snapback]

I am by no means an expert or even close, just lucky to have had such a wonderful ACL experience. :D

Seriously, I do not know how a career would end due to this type of injury but I do know that if the blood flow to your bones gets effected you could lose a leg from what I understand. While in therapy I met several guys who had the same injury (even one guy with ACL tears to both legs :D ) but they were going to be able to play sports again, but to what extent or at what level I do not know. I know that I fully recovered but still have some pain and a little arthritis. I play hockey and for me it is not bad. But for an athlete that must stop and go frequently as well as jump, I know that would make me nervous as all get out.