[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ozzie Guillen "Caught" In the Moment!

Primetime9287

whens the second place parade......

1104542[/snapback]

When was the last time that the Cubs could even claim that? 1945? :D

I feel sorry for you guys. Look at what's happened to your organization over the past three years...

- The eight-run, 8th innning Choke-of-All-Time meltdown that blew a 3-2 lead in the '03 NLCS (Way to go, Bartman!)

- Objects falling from the Wrigley Field upper deck during games

- Moises Alou whining about the fans booing his under-achieving team

- The firing of broadcast legend Steve Stone after he told Alou to shut up and play

- Chip Caray abandoning the sinking ship after Stone was fired

- Sammy Sosa's 50- and 60-home run seasons mysteriously disappearing after he was caught with a corked bat and after MLB began testing for steroids

- Sosa's dismissal after he became a clubhouse cancer last season

- Kerry Wood's inability to stay healthy or consistent as a starter and subsequent lack of success as a closer

- Mark Prior never being healthy enough to live up to the hype

- Zambrano's childish plunking of Jim Edmonds (broadcasted nationally on ESPN) after the Cards spanked his team all the way through the '04 season.

- The Cubs front office pissing off their fans by scalping their own tickets and putting up those ridiculous barriers so that people in the buildings across the street can't watch the games

- And now the Cubs and their fans had to watch the Sox win a World Series

Yeah, I'll take being a "second-place" Astros fan over a Cubs fan right now. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

wow that was long winded....

lot of time on your hands i see...

oh thats right....youre a sox fan...you dont have job!!!!!!!!!

:D

1104921[/snapback]

Hey, hey, hey.... it's a loooooser Cubs fan! :D

Actually, Fat Albert, I do have a job. I guarantee you that I also have more degrees hanging on my wall than you do.

How does it feel to be a loser sCrUBS fan? :D

Gee, Cubs fans can be pathetic.

I'm a Braves fan but take it all in stride. When the Braves lose in October, I continue to root for the NL. I certainly don't whine and moan about it and put other people's team down (note above, I talked about the fans). I should work on my Braves complex more I guess. :D

whens the second place parade......

1104542[/snapback]

For the Cubs? Never...they won't ever get to the World Series to have a chance to finish second. How many NL Championship Banners do you have? We lost to the better team, no doubt. I hated to lose, but I couldnt have picked a better group of guys (and fans) to lose to. Just like every year Cubs fans, there is always next year. :doah:

wow swerski, i didn't know about steve stonepony. he had been with them along time. he did have that brashness about him which i liked. he wasn't afraid to speak his mind, thats for sure.

another wow swerski. you seem to know an aaaaawwwwful lot about the cubbies. are you sure you're not a closet cub fan??? :D:D

i'll assume you are just knowledgeable about baseball and that the hatred you have shown towards the cubs is sincere.

wow swerski, i didn't know about steve stonepony.  he had been with them along time.  he did have that brashness about him which i liked.  he wasn't afraid to speak his mind, thats for sure. 

another wow swerski.  you seem to know an aaaaawwwwful lot about the cubbies.  are you sure you're not a closet cub fan???  :D  :D

i'll assume you are just knowledgeable about baseball and that the hatred you have shown towards the cubs is sincere.

1106757[/snapback]

I grew up in the Chicago area. Since the Cubs are always in the news there, you don't have to be a fan to know what's going on in their organization.

BTW, I don't "hate" the Cubs. I used to dislike them, but now feel sorry for them (and their fans).

#1...i do not agree with the belief that you root for your league or your division once your team is out....thats nuts!!

#2...i do not hate the sox team...i hate their fans...

fights in the stands a regular occurence, attacking opposing coaches, attacking umpires, and now slapping a player's wife...the fans are simply trash..i too am from chicago and have been to my fair share of sox games. while it is true that a lot of cubs fans are there for the atmosphere and not for the game, atleast they dont fight and attack others on a regular basis....

sox fans = trash

Gee, Cubs fans can be pathetic.

I'm a Braves fan but take it all in stride.  When the Braves lose in October, I continue to root for the NL.  I certainly don't whine and moan about it and put other people's team down (note above, I talked about the fans).  I should work on my Braves complex more I guess.  :D

1105107[/snapback]

Soup - take a look around. Only this dmarc dude is running around being childish.

In fact, if you look at all of the baseball threads you'll see it is the Sox fans who always bring up the Cubs. Thorp, swerski and others can't speak of positivity for the Sox without bashing the Cubs. They've define their support for the Sox in part with how much they dislike the Cubs hence we get threads about Cubs to Sox Conversion and the like.

All of a sudden, their blind squirrel gets a nut and they're experts and are ingoring all the years of futility the Sox suffered along with the Cubs. Swerski's post above is funny because most of those 'events' are so minor that one could easily make a list similar to that with the Sox without trying too hard.

Plunking Jim Edmonds? Guys never get hit by a ball? That's weak.

We can talk about WS fans jumping coaches, beating up umps and slapping player's wives inside their home park if you want to discuss weak manure.

In fact, here's one of the most popular Cubs Blog on the net, and it's take on the WS being WC. And it pretty much speaks for itself....

Edited by Pope Flick