[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 9

Hugh 0ne

Would tend to agree with your synopsis, but he's not a big guy and I'm concerned about durability with his current work load. But you could say that with anyone. Thanks. Do you think Fitz and Perry (he has Rudi) would be insulting? He's not overly suffisticated FFer. Galloway might be better, he has actually scored more points than DD in our scoring system and is no 4 amoung all WR.

1119509[/snapback]

Not insulting, but definitely on the low end. But it's always good to offer less, and see what happens.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some serious help at WR this week with R. Smith and Curtis on byes.  Pick 2 WRs to play.

Mi. Clayton vs CAR

E. Parker vs NYJ

J. McCariens vs SD

T. Taylor vs DET

R. Brown vs WAS

K. Colbert vs TBY

I have the first two on my roster and could drop them or L. Evans to pick up any of the others.  Thanks.

1119517[/snapback]

Ouch.

Clayton has become the #2 WR behind Galloway for some reason, bench please.

I like Taylor, because there's a new QB, and MRob is dinged up.

Then I'm torn between McCairens or Brown. With TO out, someone will have to catch some passes, so Brown could post decent numbers. It's a bit risky, so you're probably better off with McCairens.

hugh

who should i start at qb(1) and wr (2)?

which one qb - brunell vs. philly or delhomme vs. tb

which 2 wideouts - hines ward vs. gb, bobby engram vs. zona, tj housh vs. balt

thanks

1119587[/snapback]

Bench Brunell, start Delhomme. Brunell had a melt down last week, I'd wait before starting him again.

Go with Ward for sure, and then since Engram is coming off the injury, Housh is the safer play. Ward and Housh.

I received this in error from Steeler_Fan when he was trying to reply here:

I'm looking for advice on which WR's to start this week:

Joey Galloway vs. Carolina

Ernest Wilford vs. Houston

Chad Johnson vs. Baltimore

Hines Ward vs. Green Bay

Start: QB-1, RB's- 1 or 2, WR's-2 or 3, TE-1, PK-1, DEF-1, (overtime player-Tie Breaker)

My RB's are:

LaDainian Tomlinson

Rudi Johnson

Cedric Benson

Michael Pittman

1119603[/snapback]

We don't reward stupidity here in my advice thread. :D

TD ONLY LEAGUE

Need 1 to go with Alexander:

K. Jones @ Minn

D. Davis @ Jax

C. Martin vs. SD

Need 3:

Fitzgerald vs. Sea

J. Smith vs. Hou

T. Gonzalez vs. Oak

M. Clayton vs. Car

B. Engram @ Ari

E. Wilford vs. Hou

B. Franks vs. Pitt

Thanks!!

1119632[/snapback]

Domanick Davis baby. :D

Smith and Engram and Gonzo.

Hi Hugh just wondering about Brad Johnson and who you think will be his main target this week and also, do you think Orton will be able to hook up with Mushin on a successful level this week?  Kind of a different set of questions but just wondering what your take may be.  Thanks and good luck to you this week...btw how you doing in your leagues?

1119647[/snapback]

In a nutshell, I'd start Johnson over Orton any day of the week. If Orton connects with anyone, it will most likely be Mush, but I wouldn't lay any money down on that one. Johnson seemed to favor MRob last week, but he's dinged up so that's a risky play. If I had to choose one now, I'd lean to Travis Taylor depending on MRob's health.

Good luck. :D

Hugh -

Hi. I play in an 8 team basic TD point league.

I have Tom Brady as my QB. Hasselbeck is an available FA. Do I pick him up to start this week - or do you see their output as a wash??? Any thoughts on Hasselbeck going forward vs. Brady?? I could also possibly trade another team deep in QB's for Plummer - which makes a better play going forward???

At RB I have Alexander and my 2nd RB is either Holmes H Oak or Parker @ GB. your thoughts?

AT WR - I have S.Smith and Gates as starters, for my 3rd WR - is it Housh @ Bal or Wayne @ NE???

Thanks. :D

Hey Hugh,

Howzabout an assist on the WR front

Kennison v. Oak

Braylon v. Ten

Branch v. Indy

need 2, muchas gracias!

1119976[/snapback]

Tough call. :D

Too many options in NE, bench Branch and start Edwards and Kennison, but don't expect too much from either one of them.

Hugh -

Hi. I play in an 8 team basic TD point league.

I have Tom Brady as my QB. Hasselbeck is an available FA. Do I pick him up to start this week - or do you see their output as a wash??? Any thoughts on Hasselbeck going forward vs. Brady?? I could also possibly trade another team deep in QB's for Plummer - which makes a better play going forward???

At RB I have Alexander and my 2nd RB is either Holmes H Oak or Parker @ GB. your thoughts?

AT WR - I have S.Smith and Gates as starters, for my 3rd WR - is it Housh @ Bal or Wayne @ NE???

Thanks.  :D

1120066[/snapback]

Don't trade for Plummer, Brady is fine, no need to pick up Hass.

Holmes may not play, keep an eye on it. If it becomes a game-time decision, don't take a chance and go with Parker.

I'd give Wayne a shot here.

In a nutshell, I'd start Johnson over Orton any day of the week. If Orton connects with anyone, it will most likely be Mush, but I wouldn't lay any money down on that one. Johnson seemed to favor MRob last week, but he's dinged up so that's a risky play. If I had to choose one now, I'd lean to Travis Taylor depending on MRob's health.

Good luck. :D

1120061[/snapback]

:D Thanks Hugh...appreciate your thoughts.

Hi Hugh. Need a little assistance with my WR situation:

Performance league, Pick 2:

L. Fitz v SEA

A. Bryant v TEN

B. Engram @ ARI

A. Chatman v PIT

I'm leaning towards Fitz and Bryant....sound about right?

Thanks!  :D

1120380[/snapback]

I go Bryant for sure. Then it's between Fitz and Engram. Engram's a risk because he's coming off the injury, and Fitz is a risk because he'll be doubled because Boldin is out. I'd try Engram.