[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 9

Hugh 0ne

Hugh:

I am having WR problems this week.  I have:

Burleson

Boldin

Glenn

Roy Williams

Moulds

Burleson has been horrible, is there any reason not to drop him at this point and grab L.Coles and play him this week with Williams?  Is Williams even going to play? 

Thanks for the help...

1118330[/snapback]

Forget Roy. He might not play, and he's a Lions receiver. With Moulds and Glenn on BYE's, and Boldin hurt, I think you should drop someone (perhaps Williams instead of Burleson) and grab Coles and start Coles.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RB wdis (can start 3)

DD

Caddy

Fisher

A. SMith

C. Perry

WR wdis (can start 4)

CJ (no brainer)

Branch

M. Clayton (TB)

N. Burleson

B. Engram

Gaffney and B. Johnson are on the WW.

Thanks.

1118340[/snapback]

DD and Carnell for sure. Then you're pretty much screwed. I guess Fischer.

CJ, Branch, Engram, and the rest suck. I guess Burleson.

That's pretty broad. I wouln't trade Davis, since I think he'll finish strong and his value isn't particularly high right now. Moore might be good to move, since without CPep, the Vikes will probably struggle even more. I think if you are willing to trade 2 of those guys, you can target a top WR: CJ, Moss, Owens, Holt. Careful with TO and Moss because of the injuries.

1119155[/snapback]

Good advice. :D Just to update, I traded Rudi to a guy for Moss straight up. The injury thing is a concern, but I'm better off even if Moss tales another week or two to fully heal.

Start Portis and Jurevicius. Those are the safest plays. Until DJax comes back, JJ will get a lot of looks. Chatman is hit or miss, so I'd keep him on your bench, and offensive players on the Lions are just not good options.

1119119[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice! :D

Tough Match-ups this week, so any advice would be helpful. Which QB should I start and I need to start 3 WR. Please pick 1 WR. Thanks.

Delhomme @ TB

B. Johnson vs DET

Harrison (starting)

J. Smith (starting)

Need 1 from the following:

Jurevicius @ ARIZ

Mason vs CIN

M. Robinson vs DET

M. Williams @ MIN

Morn'n Hugh,

I'm sure the last couple of weeks off have helped hone your prognosticating skills even more finely than before, but I'm still tryin' to figure out your enamore with DD and the Texans. I live in Houston, and I unfortunately have to say they suck. Which really sucks, since without NFL pay per view I get the exquisite opportunity to watch them each Sunday, instead of a real game. I would agree that DD "is" their offense right now, but he has not shown the ability in the past (nor has anyone else this year) to take 30+ major hits a game. My concern is that he will wear down, particularly in light of his tough schedule over the remaining fantasy season. That said, as you can see from my signature line I am WR heavy, my running backs have held up well, mainly due to our scoring system, which rewards long TD's (eg T Bell has been great 3 outta last 4 weeks). However, its not necessarily a feel good line-up considering the risk each week. The DD owner in our league is desperate for WR. Who would you offer up for DD?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Morn'n Hugh,

I'm sure the last couple of weeks off have helped hone your prognosticating skills even more finely than before, but I'm still tryin' to figure out your enamore with DD and the Texans. I live in Houston, and I unfortunately have to say they suck. Which really sucks, since without NFL pay per view I get the exquisite opportunity to watch them each Sunday, instead of a real game. I would agree that DD "is" their offense right now, but he has not shown the ability in the past (nor has anyone else this year) to take 30+ major hits a game. My concern is that he will wear down, particularly in light of his tough schedule over the remaining fantasy season. That said, as you can see from my signature line I am WR heavy, my running backs have held up well, mainly due to our scoring system, which rewards long TD's (eg T Bell has been great 3 outta last 4 weeks). However, its not necessarily a feel good line-up considering the risk each week. The DD owner in our league is desperate for WR. Who would you offer up for DD?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

1119382[/snapback]

Davis is a good runner and good pass catcher. He plays on a team that has absolutely no offense, yet manages to be effective nonetheless. Last year he was in a similar situation with the slow start, then was phenomenal down the stretch. I see more of the same. If Carr gets his head out of his ass, Davis will explode. Last year in 15 games he had 1776 total yards and 14 TD's. That's pretty freaking awesome. He already has 723 yards in 7 games this year, on a team that couldn't play any worse, so his numbers will only go up.

Davis is a good runner and good pass catcher. He plays on a team that has absolutely no offense, yet manages to be effective nonetheless. Last year he was in a similar situation with the slow start, then was phenomenal down the stretch. I see more of the same. If Carr gets his head out of his ass, Davis will explode. Last year in 15 games he had 1776 total yards and 14 TD's. That's pretty freaking awesome. He already has 723 yards in 7 games this year, on a team that couldn't play any worse, so his numbers will only go up.

1119459[/snapback]

Would tend to agree with your synopsis, but he's not a big guy and I'm concerned about durability with his current work load. But you could say that with anyone. Thanks. Do you think Fitz and Perry (he has Rudi) would be insulting? He's not overly suffisticated FFer. Galloway might be better, he has actually scored more points than DD in our scoring system and is no 4 amoung all WR.

I need some serious help at WR this week with R. Smith and Curtis on byes. Pick 2 WRs to play.

Mi. Clayton vs CAR

E. Parker vs NYJ

J. McCariens vs SD

T. Taylor vs DET

R. Brown vs WAS

K. Colbert vs TBY

I have the first two on my roster and could drop them or L. Evans to pick up any of the others. Thanks.

I received this in error from Steeler_Fan when he was trying to reply here:

I'm looking for advice on which WR's to start this week:

Joey Galloway vs. Carolina

Ernest Wilford vs. Houston

Chad Johnson vs. Baltimore

Hines Ward vs. Green Bay

Start: QB-1, RB's- 1 or 2, WR's-2 or 3, TE-1, PK-1, DEF-1, (overtime player-Tie Breaker)

My RB's are:

LaDainian Tomlinson

Rudi Johnson

Cedric Benson

Michael Pittman

Hi Hugh just wondering about Brad Johnson and who you think will be his main target this week and also, do you think Orton will be able to hook up with Mushin on a successful level this week? Kind of a different set of questions but just wondering what your take may be. Thanks and good luck to you this week...btw how you doing in your leagues?

Hugh One.....

Which QB do I start.....

Carson Palmer versus a touch Baltimore defense on the road or

Byron Leftwich versus a soft Houston defense at home?

I hate to bench Palmer, but do matchups prevail here?

Thanks for your help!

1118503[/snapback]

Don't bench Palmer. He's as close to a QB stud as their is in the league this year.

Hey Hugh,

Need some help.

QB

McNabb at Skins

Leftwich vs Texans

RB's Pick 2

K. Jones at Vikings

M. Moore vs. Lions

L. Jordan at Chiefs

WR's Pick 3

J. Jurevicius at Cards

K. McCardell at Jets

T. Owens at Skins

J. Smith vs Texans

High Scoring League

Appreciate the help.

1118529[/snapback]

Losing TO will hurt McNabb, I think you go with Leftwich here.

Mewelde and Lamont.

TO's not playing, so that answers your third question.

My first post to Mr. One!

Performance League:

I'm planning to start RBs:

Ronnie Brown vs ATL

Larry Johnson vs OAK

But I've got Curtis Martin vs SD as well. I was thinking of doing this even before Priest got the concussion, so now I feel more comfortable with this scenario. Am I starting the optimal set? What say you?

1118638[/snapback]

Check on Priest tomorrow, you'll know more. If he sits, LJ and Brown are the no-brainers. If he doesn't, CuMar might be a better option than LJ.

Hass vs. Ari

or

Lefty vs. Houston

Hass is normally a no brainer, but Alexander steals all the friggin TD's.  Lefty has had problems with Houston in the past but they really SUCK this year. :D

1118780[/snapback]

Lefty. But not by much. Neither is a great option this week.

First time asking for help, and it shouldn't be that tough...

Should I go with Charles Rogers as my 3rd WR this week or Bryant Johnson?  If Rogers starts it could be a lot better than whatever Bryant gets me...Usually Rod Smith is in there but the Bye Week gets me here.

1118881[/snapback]

Uh..... I'll take option C. Neither.

With Warner back at the helm, I'd try Johnson. Harrington's QBing in Detroit, avoid all Detroit players like the plague.

:D  good to see U

Here's my dilemna:

T.O. is hurt and I need a WR fill in NOW off the WW

I can drop either Ferguson or Duckett.

WWH1D???

1118895[/snapback]

Drop Duckett. You have the RB depth. Ferguson could be HUGH when he returns, and you need the WR help.

I need a WR What R your thoughts on Charlie Rogers>???

not much on the WW worth mentioning.....M.Clayton.....see

1118913[/snapback]

Harrington's back at QB. Avoid all Detroit players like the plague. Is there an echo in here? :D

Glad you are back!

I've got a couple delimina's...

I've got

Moore

Parker

R. Brown

WEstbrook

J. Lewis

I need 3...

Then...

Parker

FIsher

K. JOnes

I need two. I am planning to sit Fisher vs  Pit...concur?

Burleson...? Will he EVER score? Or do I start J. Jerivicious over him?

1119083[/snapback]

If you get points/reception, Westbrook is a good option. R. Brown is the no-brainer here. That leaves us with one from Moore, Parker or Lewis. :D

I like Jamal Lewis here. Call it a hunch. He runs well against the Bengals.

Question 2: As much as I hate KJ, he's a better option than Fisher, so start KJ and Parker.

I have Priest and the LJ owner is coming at me hard...He wants Roy Williams for Larry Johnson. Here is my team I am 5-2-1

12 team perf..start 1 qb, 3rb, 3wr, 1te, 1k,1def or 2rb & 4wr

Matt Hasslebeck

Brad Johnson

Sjax

Priest Holmes

Willie Parker

Patrick Pass

Torry Holt

Roy williams

Houshman..

Bobby Engram

Doug Gabriel

Robert Ferguson

Lee Suggs

Alge Crumpler

Matt Bryant

Indy D

Do I do it...Is Roy ever gonna play???

1119088[/snapback]

Dude, make that trade in a heartbeat. Williams is essentially useless, and you get to handcuff your injured #1 pick. No-brainer my friend.

Hugh - welcome back...need a little help bro...

Desperately need RB help - got anderson on bye and am forced to start Shipp.  Could pick up Antowain Smith and drop Ahman Green as an injury move.  Does Smith have any value for the remaining season?  Would you start him??

One more, my friend,  Garcia or Dilfer this week (Plummer on bye).

Thanks HUGH!!

1119146[/snapback]

Garcia is OUT, Dilfer should do better, but probably not by much. :D

Smith has value, when the matchups are good. Neither Smith or Shipp are a good matchup this week. If I had to chose one, I'd throw a dart.

Tough Match-ups this week, so any advice would be helpful. Which QB should I start and I need to start 3 WR. Please pick 1 WR. Thanks.

Delhomme @ TB

B. Johnson vs DET

Harrison (starting)

J. Smith (starting)

Need 1 from the following:

Jurevicius @ ARIZ

Mason vs CIN

M. Robinson vs DET

M. Williams @ MIN

1119340[/snapback]

Brad Johnson, although it's a risk, has more potential upside than Delhomme against Tampa.

Jurevicius is probably the best option here.