[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ethical?

theeohiostate

I just traded Owens and D.Foster for S.Smith about 1 hour ago.

The owner did not know Owens had been suspended a game and at the time, i had read the initial post that said Owens might have been suspended.

Now..... he was questionable to play this week as it was , so a one week suspension isn't that big of a deal, however in my opinon i wanted him GONE from my team as soon as possible because you never know if he'll pop his mouth off next week and get suspended even longer.

Now it appears the owner i traded is pissed, but..............should i feel bad?

It's a keeper league so at the end of the day, i may have screwed myself in the anxious moment to move him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who started the trade and when was it started? If it started since talk about him being suspended started, then I think he had an obligation to know. If it was started earlier this week before all this happened, then it was a little sneaky on your part. But he also kept the trade out there (presuming he started it).

If TO is suspended for more then 1 week, the I personally would feel bad. If it was a 1-week suspension, I wouldn't.

Besides, if an owner wants TO, he's got to want to have to put up with TO's crap and it's consequences.

Who started the trade and when was it started?  If it started since talk about him being suspended started, then I think he had an obligation to know.  If it was started earlier this week before all this happened, then it was a little sneaky on your part.  But he also kept the trade out there (presuming he started it).

If TO is suspended for more then 1 week, the I personally would feel bad.  If it was a 1-week suspension, I wouldn't. 

Besides, if an owner wants TO, he's got to want to have to put up with TO's crap and it's consequences.

1125178[/snapback]

I started the trade, i proposed the second i saw the news of possible suspension.

I do feel bad, but i also traded for C-Pep the week he got injured, i also traded for J.Jones awhile back and he has yet to play...........do those owners feel guilty :D HELL NO, their laughing their a.s.s. off!

Those are different circumstances, but the end result is the same...........worse in my case for sure.

Feel bad or no, good luck finding a trade partner in that league from here on out.

1125194[/snapback]

:D

Yeah!! TO back next week exploding the rest of the season, Foster becoming the starter in Carolina, Smith with another injury.

He gets both back next year valued MUCHO more than Smith :D

I would think my haste to unload at the drop of a hat..................i'll have plenty of people wanting to trade me :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Yes it is unethical.

It would be my last trade with you.

1125209[/snapback]

If you were dumb enough to accept a trade without reviewing the players latest news then i wouldn't invite you to my league anyhow :D

I guess the guy i just traded for to get Randy Moss is unethical because he knows he's got a nagging injury that will hinder him the remainder of the season ?

I don't get what all the complaints are here about never trading with him again. It is a keeper league,and the guy should have done due diligence. Anytime you involve yourself w/TO your taking a known risk (especially of late). I see that it sucks for the owener getting him, raw deal- but it's on his shoulders to manage better than the other guy.

If you were dumb enough to accept a trade without reviewing the players latest news then i wouldn't invite you to my league anyhow  :D

I guess the guy i just traded for to get Randy Moss is unethical because he knows he's got a nagging injury that will hinder him the remainder of the season ?

1125215[/snapback]

That in no way makes the trade ethical.

You chose to trade a player away with knowledge you hoped the other guy didn't have. That is by definition unethical.

Have no fear, I wouldn't be in a league with you. But I do recommend you join a league with Schleprock ... it sounds like you and he are the same kind of person.

Edited by Grits and Shins

You chose to trade a player away with knowledge you hoped the other guy didn't have.  That is by definition unethical.

Have no fear, I wouldn't be in a league with you.  But I do recommend you join a league with Schleprock ... it sounds like you and he are the same kind of person.

1125220[/snapback]

if you owned JJ and had some inside scoop he was "possibly" done for the year would you try to offload him? and if so would you make that clear in the trade negotiations?

fwiw I dont think its unethical but it is a bit unscrupulous :D

I just traded Owens and D.Foster for S.Smith about 1 hour ago.

The owner did not know Owens had been suspended a game and at the time, i had read the initial post that said Owens might have been suspended.

Now..... he was questionable to play this week as it was , so a one week suspension isn't that big of a deal, however in my opinon i wanted him GONE from my team as soon as possible because you never know if he'll pop his mouth off next week and get suspended even longer.

Now it appears the owner i traded is pissed, but..............should i feel bad?

It's a keeper league so at the end of the day, i may have screwed myself in the anxious moment to move him.

1125167[/snapback]

haha...good one! :D

You chose to trade a player away with knowledge you hoped the other guy didn't have.  That is by definition unethical.

1125220[/snapback]

:D Every trade i make is in the efforts of me knowing something in hopes the other guy doesn't, this is why i read these forums.

I draft with the same hopes..........don't you?

BTW ... the fact that you even thought to question if the trade was ethical should speak volumes.

If you have to wonder if a trade is ethical or not then it is very likely that it is NOT ethical.

1125229[/snapback]

Not at all, just thought it'd be a good............."Good" vs "Evil" thread :D

if you owned JJ and had some inside scoop he was "possibly" done for the year would you try to offload him?  and if so would you make that clear in the trade negotiations?

fwiw I dont think its unethical but it is a bit unscrupulous  :D

1125230[/snapback]

Personally I couldn't live with myself if I traded a player I knew was "possibly done for the year" without disclosing that fact to the other guy.

I am very competitive and want to win every bit as much as the next guy, if not more. However, there is no value in winning if you have to cheat or act in an unethical manner to do so. Period.

Have no fear, I wouldn't be in a league with you.  But I do recommend you join a league with Schleprock ... it sounds like you and he are the same kind of person.

1125220[/snapback]

Thank you Grins...........This is the real way it happened. First of all we are brothers and business partners. He called me up and ask if I would be interested in trading smith for Owens and Foster. I said sure. He then said Owens got suspended for (one game) knowing that that was a lie. I accepted and did not feel the need to do research on the subject since he is my brother and would not try to deceive me. Needless to say, I got Oprahed and he knows it. :D

Thank you Grins...........This is the real way it happened. First of all we are brothers and business partners. He called me up and ask if I would be interested in trading smith for Owens and Foster. I said sure. He then said Owens got suspended for (one game) knowing that that was a lie. I accepted and did not feel the need to do research on the subject since he is my brother and would not try to deceive me. Needless to say, I got Oprahed and he knows it. :D

1125241[/snapback]

You should've been on the message board instead of sleeping of the booze from last night bro' . :D

First, I NEVER CALLED YOU AT ALL beforehand!! You accepted the deal, then i called you to tell you he was suspended for a game to give you a heads up.........hindsight of course :D

In reference to the bold area, he has only been suspended for ONE game, do you have more information about this suspension than the rest of us :D

Edited by theeohiostate

1125233[/snapback]

Evidently, that was a rhetorical question. :D

Personally, I'm not looking to screw the other teams in my league when I trade. I look at their depth and needs versus my depth and needs and match players accordingly.

:D  Every trade i make is in the efforts of me knowing something in hopes the other guy doesn't, this is why i read these forums.

I draft with the same hopes..........don't you?

1125233[/snapback]

I drafted Willie Parker based on knowledge I had that apparently nobody else in my league had ... that is perfectly fine ... we all had an equal opportunity to prepare ourselves for the draft.

That is quite a bit different than attempting to trade a player that you know to be hurt or out when you know the other guys is unaware of the facts.

Trading based on what you believe to be upside or downside of players is not the same as trading based on knowledge of players hurt or out.

Again ... why I have made a mental note never to be in a league with you.

Evidently, that was a rhetorical question.  :D

Personally, I'm not looking to screw the other teams in my league when I trade.  I look at their depth and needs versus my depth and needs and match players accordingly.

1125250[/snapback]

Exactly ... trades should be beneficial to both teams ... filling needs for both teams.