[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ethical?

theeohiostate

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly ... trades should be beneficial to both teams ... filling needs for both teams.

1125259[/snapback]

Remember Grits this is a keeper league and at present he'll be keeping both Owens and Foster ( which i gave him) . He needs keepers , i need to get rid of a headache...................what's the problem ?

Am i getting close to making "Thee Ignore List" :D

Edited by theeohiostate

You should've been on the message board instead of sleeping of the booze from last night bro' .  :D

First, I NEVER CALLED YOU AT ALL beforehand!!  You accepted the deal, then i called you to tell you  he was suspended for a game to give you a heads up.........hindsight of course  :D

In reference to the bold area,  he has only been suspended for ONE game, do you have more information about this suspension than the rest of us  :D

1125244[/snapback]

There's a special place in hell reserved for you.

Remember Grits this is a keeper league and at present he'll be keeping both Owens and Foster ( which i gave him) .  He needs keepers , i need to get rid of a headache...................what's the problem ?

1125265[/snapback]

I agree that the fact it is a keeper league (which I missed) mitigates things a bit ... but still you traded without full disclosure hoping to take advantage of another (your brother no less). Were the roles reversed you'd be mightedly pissed off.

Had you disclosed the nature of TO's suspension and your bother made a conscious decision to trade for TO knowing that he could be without him for the remainder of the year that would have been fine. But you knew he'd never go for that so you didn't disclose that information ... you wanted to pull one over on him and you did.

You are a win at all costs kind of guy ... I'd rather win fair and square.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Remember Grits this is a keeper league and at present he'll be keeping both Owens and Foster ( which i gave him) .  He needs keepers , i need to get rid of a headache...................what's the problem ?

Am i getting close to making "Thee Ignore List"  :D

1125265[/snapback]

If you make my ignore list it also dis-qualifies you from the Weekly Blitz.

That in no way makes the trade ethical.

You chose to trade a player away with knowledge you hoped the other guy didn't have.  That is by definition unethical.

Have no fear, I wouldn't be in a league with you.  But I do recommend you join a league with Schleprock ... it sounds like you and he are the same kind of person.

1125220[/snapback]

It would have been different if you had mentioned that there might be a possible suspension. Either way he was questionable for the game this week, I think the suspension might have been given to kill 2 birds with one stone. Give TO a slap on the wrist, as well as a week off. The suspension might not last past this week anyway.

1125265[/snapback]

Just the fact that you had to ask the original question and continue to try and sell everyone here on what a great deal you gave the other guy smacks of a person who knows he "done wrong". I agree with those who say they wouldn't want you in a league....

good that the trade was reversed.

bad that a lengthy and unneeded thread was started to try and ease the guilt.

do the right thing in the first place, will ya?

tony

1125437[/snapback]

I only reversed the deal so i he wouldn't go cryin to momma :D

I have NO GUILT what so ever in making a the deal. If it weren't my older brother then anyone else it would be tough Athena.

:D Do your research punks or i'll punk you all :D

Just the fact that you had to ask the original question and continue to try and sell everyone here on what a great deal you gave the other guy smacks of a person who knows he "done wrong".  I agree with those who say they wouldn't want you in a league....

1125442[/snapback]

I just wish there were more people like you in my league that relies on others to "do the right thing" , instead of their own research so i could beat you down like a bellboy at the Ritz.

I just wish there were more people like you in my league that relies on others to "do the right thing" , instead of their own research so i could beat off like a gayboy on a Ritz.

1125462[/snapback]

corrected.

if you owned JJ and had some inside scoop he was "possibly" done for the year would you try to offload him?  and if so would you make that clear in the trade negotiations?

fwiw I dont think its unethical but it is a bit unscrupulous  :D

1125230[/snapback]

How can something be unscupulous and NOT unethical?? Wow that is some fine line you are attempting to draw there. I hope to never buy a used car from you.

The game should be played with knowlege, true. But deliberately selling a product you know is flawed is unethical, unscrupulous and in bad form. Booo.

Edited by cre8tiff

This is silly.....

1) Shame on anyone that didn't do their homework on T.O. possibly being suspended. It's not even homework, it's like an open book quiz. Everybody knew or should have known the risks.

2) It's still unclear how long the guy will be suspended. What if he makes nice and it's only for one game. He was initially expected to miss this game anyway.

3) Utter nonsense about people not wanting to trade with theohiostate again. Do your homework when offered a trade and there will be no problems. You make trades that you think, after proper research, will help your team.

4) Even if T.O. was not suspended. I question the guy that gave up Steve Smith anyway, because T.O. has been acting like a lunkhead all season and his QB is hurt. Even if Foster regains the starting role, he'll be hurt in a week.....imo

5) I've had people say that they would no longer trade with me because a couple of times after I made a trade, the player that I traded away got hurt. Go figure people.

Nice trade Ohio.....you SEEM to have made out on this one....

It is stuff like this that causes me to view America's future as being very dim.

The attitude that "if it is legal then it is fine" has permeated our culture from Clinton's bj to Cheney's opening of foreign subsidiaries when he was with Halliburton so that they could "legally" trade with nations on the terrorism watch list to theohiostate's exploiting of his brother's ignorance.

Where will it end? With America in the sh|tter, that's where.

that is all, carry on

:oldrazz:

It is stuff like this that causes me to view America's future as being very dim.

The attitude that "if it is legal then it is fine" has permeated our culture from Clinton's bj to Cheney's opening of foreign subsidiaries when he was with Halliburton so that they could "legally" trade with nations on the terrorism watch list to theohiostate's exploiting of his brother's ignorance.

Where will it end?  With America in the sh|tter, that's where.

that is all, carry on

:oldrazz:

1125514[/snapback]

:D

Very cool :D  Taking a quote and changing it , very ethical.........hypocrite

1125512[/snapback]

Deflection won't change the fact that you intentionally screwed a leaguemate...you should form a league with everyone in this thread that thinks you are ethical and have scruples. You can play each other 4 times a season.

Deflection won't change the fact that you intentionally screwed a leaguemate...you should form a league with everyone in this thread that thinks you are ethical and have scruples.  You can play each other 4 times a season.

1125523[/snapback]

You must have gotten shafted many times for not paying attention on some of your trades in the past.

But the fact that he RF'ed his brother just makes it Hilarious!  :D

1125528[/snapback]

:D I think so, but the "ethical" people around here want me "not to pass go and go directly to hell" The same people giving high fives when their opponents players get injured in the first half.