[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Feely -scared to death

jeffreysg

I watch every single Giant game and believe that you can tell alot about a player by the facial expression and body language that they display. Jay Feely has a slight chip on his shoulder and is usually beaming w/ confidence. What I saw today in overtime scares me to death as a Giant fan. When he missed the first one, a 40 yarder wide left, he looked shocked, understandably..he's been money. But when he missed the 2nd, granted, a 54 yarder short, his facial expression started to look scared, embarassed, lost.... When he jogged out to attempt the 3rd one, a 45 yarder, the guy looked frightened to death. That confident, chip on shoulder, almost smirk was replaced with wide eyes, pale skin, and a deer in headlights gaze. He came up well short. Jay Feely is done certainly for the season. Kickers ride on emotion and confidence, and this guy now has neither... :D

I thought he looked like he was scared of getting the beat down frm his teammates who gave him 3 chances to win the game

1177166[/snapback]

terrible loss for us giant fans,would of been a real statement to the nfc..i guess they can take some positives out of this game mainly the nfc is wide open..maybe 4-5 teams that could represent the nfc in the superbowl..

I hope this isn't true. I am out of free agent points in the league I have him and he's my only kicker. I will not be able to pick up another kicker. This is really gonna hurt me if this guy goes buries his head in the sand now.

1177058[/snapback]

I watched this game as well and I believe the original poster is being a bit dramatic. Yes, it was a tough loss, but before I condem the guy for the year, I want to see how he bounces back next week against Dallas. I expect there to be a few opportunities to show everybody whether he can shake it off or not.

to the last two posters:

1)i don't care what anyone says - they made the right call on the toomer touchdown. it looked like his feet were in - both feet and they ruled it a td on the field. the replay was inconclusive at best and there certainly wasn't enough to overturn the call. i guess the other one was the shockey td - i agree that was a bit shady - but again it was inconclusive. it appeared he was able to land his second foot before he was hammered and the ball was knocked out. catching a ball in the endzone is a little different on the field of play - you only have to catch it and get two feet down - you don't have to demonstrate a football move because there is no running after the catch - two feet are down, ball is controlled - TD. if you want to argue that he didn't have control - then maybe but again it was inconclusive and they ruled on the field once again a td. the nfl makes themselves look foolish by issuing statements like that. if anyone was lucky to be in that game it was the seahawks. the class of the nfc? ha ha i don't think so.

2)feeley didn't cost you 9 points, he only cost you 3. if he made one of those kicks the game would have been over.

to the last two posters:

1)i don't care what anyone says - they made the right call on the toomer touchdown. it looked like his feet were in - both feet and they ruled it a td on the field. the replay was inconclusive at best and there certainly wasn't enough to overturn the call. i guess the other one was the shockey td - i agree that was a bit shady - but again it was inconclusive. it appeared he was able to land his second foot before he was hammered and the ball was knocked out. catching a ball in the endzone is a little different on the field of play - you only have to catch it and get two feet down - you don't have to demonstrate a football move because there is no running after the catch - two feet are down, ball is controlled - TD. if you want to argue that he didn't have control - then maybe but again it was inconclusive and they ruled on the field once again a td. the nfl makes themselves look foolish by issuing statements like that. if anyone was lucky to be in that game it was the seahawks. the class of the nfc? ha ha i don't think so.

2)feeley didn't cost you 9 points, he only cost you 3. if he made one of those kicks the game would have been over.

1180480[/snapback]

they also blew the shockey call at the end of the game,claim he never had poseesion..oh well its tuesday and im finally over it..bring on the crap from dallas..