[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flyer for 2006? Gore, Duckett, or Dayne?

revhookem

Dynasty league, fairly standard scoring that makes RBs a little more valuable than QBs or WRs, have good starters across the board. I have one roster spot open, need to make a waiver claim by tomorrow before the wire closes for the season. Of these options, who do you think has the best chance to produce next year?

RB - Duckett (will he ever be the main man?)

RB - Gore (will Barlow stick? Can Frank stay healthy?)

RB - Dayne (like how he looks, but may never be starter?)

WR - Driver (inexplicably cut this week - but JWalker back next year? QB?)

WR - Stallworth (looks solid lately - Horn aging - could Donte break out?)

WR - Bryant (?s abound for Cleveland offense)

WR - Parker (gaining momentum - but SD offense is so RB oriented)

WR - Curtis (will he take Bruce's starting slot?)

QB - Volek (Is this the year McNair calls it quits?)

Any opinions appreciated. I'd love to hear who your top 3 on this list would be. Thanks!

Edited by revhookem

Go with Duckett. He produces already and if he does become the man, he'll be a stud.

Never EVER consider Ron DaMe! Note my name if you doubt this piece of advice.

Dynasty league, fairly standard scoring that makes RBs a little more valuable than QBs or WRs, have good starters across the board.  I have one roster spot open, need to make a waiver claim by tomorrow before the wire closes for the season.  Of these options, who do you think has the best chance to produce next year?

RB - Duckett (will he ever be the main man?)

RB - Gore (will Barlow stick?  Can Frank stay healthy?)

RB - Dayne (like how he looks, but may never be starter?)

WR - Driver (inexplicably cut this week - but JWalker back next year? QB?)

WR - Stallworth (looks solid lately - Horn aging - could Donte break out?)

WR - Bryant (?s abound for Cleveland offense)

WR - Parker (gaining momentum - but SD offense is so RB oriented)

WR - Curtis (will he take Bruce's starting slot?)

QB - Volek (Is this the year McNair calls it quits?)

Any opinions appreciated.  I'd love to hear who your top 3 on this list would be.  Thanks!

1184585[/snapback]

I like Duckett too, BUT ATL likes the RBBC and it works for them so I don't see him starting. I think it will stay very much the same as it has this season and last.

However Curtis is beginning to come on. He stepped up huge this season, I have him, and performed well above average. His production the rest of the way may drop due to the QB situation. Fitz isn't gooing to be going through his progressions and getting the ball to the 3rd option like a Vet would.

But next season Bulger will be back and Bruce will be another year older. Bulger seems to really like Curtis and looks his way often.

I could probably make a case for Stallworth and maybe Driver but with Brooks, you never can tell and the GB situation remains to be seen. Will the Sherman be back? Will Favre be back? Too many unanswered questions in that organization. They could begin a strong rebuilding project.

I like Curtis.

See my issue please

RB - Duckett (will he ever be the main man?) Not as long as Dunn is there

RB - Gore (will Barlow stick? Can Frank stay healthy?) A bad offense is a bad offense

RB - Dayne (like how he looks, but may never be starter?) Been disappointed with him before

WR - Driver (inexplicably cut this week - but JWalker back next year? QB?) NEW QB next year????

WR - Stallworth (looks solid lately - Horn aging - could Donte break out?) REALLY like how he is coming on and developing a "go to" relationship with Brooks

WR - Bryant (?s abound for Cleveland offense) No thanks

WR - Parker (gaining momentum - but SD offense is so RB oriented) True

WR - Curtis (will he take Bruce's starting slot?) not likely but when Holt or Bruce are hurt ..he's produced good points

QB - Volek (Is this the year McNair calls it quits?) Possibly .. worth the risk??

I like Duckett too, BUT ATL likes the RBBC and it works for them so I don't see him starting.  I think it will stay very much the same as it has this season and last.

However Curtis is beginning to come on.  He stepped up huge this season, I have him, and performed well above average.  His production the rest of the way may drop due to the QB situation.  Fitz isn't gooing to be going through his progressions and getting the ball to the 3rd option like a Vet would.

But next season Bulger will be back and Bruce will be another year older.  Bulger seems to really like Curtis and looks his way often.

I could probably make a case for Stallworth and maybe Driver but with Brooks, you never can tell and the GB situation remains to be seen.  Will the Sherman be back?  Will Favre be back?  Too many unanswered questions in that organization.  They could begin a strong rebuilding project.

I like Curtis.

1184671[/snapback]

I like Curtis as well. Bruce is aging rapidly and Curtis filled in great. Bulger WILL be back next year and loved to look Curtis way. I think he has the most potential out of all of those players.

I go Curtis, Gore, Volek.

McNair will be back I believe, which means Volek only has value next year if he is traded, which could happen depending on where Tenn falls.

If they are low enough on the draft board, then might get Matt L. or another top QB and them learn from McNair for a year or so before starting them. If this happens they can trade Volek.

I personally think they keep him, but he is still a year away from starting.

Gore - He will get his chance next year. Barlow is gone or to a back up status.

Curtis will be a solid #3 next year and could move up to #2 depending on how Bruce ends this year.

Volek would be my first choice off that list. His agent will force things to happen such that he's starting for the Titans, or someone else, by the beginning of next year. *Assuming* he has some receiving talent to work with and at least an average O-line, he could be a real nice QB to have on a long term basis.

Edited by yo mama

okay... I've narrowed it down, and added one guy I had overlooked... what about Maurice Morris? Even if Seattle re-signs Shaun, as they should -- will they be able to afford to keep Morris as well, who is also in a contract year (I think)?

QB - Volek

RB - MMorris

WR - Curtis

RB - Gore

WR - Stallworth

RB - Duckett

Honestly, I'd prefer to get a RB... but Volek intrigues me. Any other thoughts, esp. on Morris?

okay... I've narrowed it down, and added one guy I had overlooked... what about Maurice Morris?  Even if Seattle re-signs Shaun, as they should -- will they be able to afford to keep Morris as well, who is also in a contract year (I think)?

QB - Volek

RB - MMorris

WR - Curtis

RB - Gore

WR - Stallworth

RB - Duckett

Honestly, I'd prefer to get a RB... but Volek intrigues me.  Any other thoughts, esp. on Morris?

1185215[/snapback]

Correct: Morris' deal expires in July of 2006. http://www.fanball.com/fb/playerProfile.cfm/pid.1501

Thanks, Yo... So do you think someone might nab him to start somewhere, or at least compete for a starting job?

1185251[/snapback]

I tend to doubt it. Morris is and has always been a seahawk. The team (coachs and players) have said all year that they are "finally" gelling as a team because they've been playing together for so long; not a lot of player turnover in Seattle. Do not discount that fact when considering Seattle's success this year. If the 'Hawks pay him reasonably, I bet he'd prefer to stay there, given the current team culture and record of success.

I also think there is strong chance that even if Alexander does sign Morris would stay. No one is really sure whether Morris can handle a full load for a full season. So I'm not convinced that other teams will target him, similar to the way Lamont Jordan was targeted in the off season last year. And Morris does very, very well as a back up, at least in part because of his familiarity within that system.

Course, I don't know anything about Morris personally. So who knows what he'd do if another team drives a truck load of money up to his front door in the offseason.