[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gado or Julius Jones at my Flex?

Which RB would you start at the flex WR/RB position? Gado or J. Jones?

JJ looked pretty good last week but I have a feeling that Gado is going to score on the Lions.

1 point for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 6 pt TDs, no points for catches.

My other bad options are:

Greg Jones (Indy this week, Fraud may play), Fred Taylor, Joe Horn (MNFB but the real Joe Horn hasn't been seen), Deion Branch (NE WR, ouch), Eric Parker (not with Gates around), and JJ Arrington (no Cardinal RB and not against the skins).

Julius and Gado are both pretty good options but I like Gado a little better...at least with him you know he will get every carry whereas Julius Jones may lose a few touches to Barber.  Good luck

Please see my post

1197961[/snapback]

Barber only had 2 carries and zero catches last week? It looks like the Boys are leaning hard on JJ again.

I also struggling over which of these potential guys to start. Both sides have their downsides, as Barber may cut into JJ's goal line carriers and Gado's fumbleitis.

In the end, I think it might come down to the matchup D, so you'd have to give Gado the nod over JJ, as KC has a much tougher run D that Detroit's run D. However, something tells me JJ is gonna blow up and have a big game .... then again i've thought that all year as well.

I think Gado is the safer play at probably 80 yds and 1TD, but JJ might have more upside if you're feeling lucky...

I also struggling over which of these potential guys to start.  Both sides have their downsides, as Barber may cut into JJ's goal line carriers and Gado's fumbleitis. 

In the end, I think it might come down to the matchup D, so you'd have to give Gado the nod over JJ, as KC has a much tougher run D that Detroit's run D.  However, something tells me JJ is gonna blow up and have a big game .... then again i've thought that all year as well.

I think Gado is the safer play at probably 80 yds and 1TD, but JJ might have more upside if you're feeling lucky...

1198329[/snapback]

JJ Is My Bust Trade Of The Year Award!

I had Barber so I actually traded Rudi Johnson after week #8 for Julius Jones. Rudi was coming off of a 60 yard 0 TD performance against Green Bay that made me shortsighted to say the least. Rudi had 2 TDs after 8 games and Barber was coming off of a 127 yard rushing 2 TD performance so I wanted to lock up the Dallas running game thinking they were getting more opportunity to score at the goal line. Carson was getting all the love. Then after I traded Rudi, he has 7 TDs in the 4 games after the trade. Unbelievable. Julius has not scored since I traded for him. I have played him only one week, his first week back and he had 19 yards.

Sweating Gado over JJ?

I am starting Gado over Tiki this week... of course I am 11-2 w/ a first round playoff bye locked up... but still.  :D

I think Gado is your man this week... 100 and a score

You GADO believe!!!

:D

1199868[/snapback]

Gado gives me that burning feeling in your stomach, you know the one you get when you start a back against the Minnesota Vikings on MNFB and all he gets is 7 yards rushing!!! By the way, that was the only week that I have played Gado so far! So I am gun shy to say the least. I actually had him on my bench for the >100 yd and 3 TD game against the Falcons.

Edited by SaintsFanUnfortunately

Gado gives me that burning feeling in your stomach, you know the one you get when you start a back against the Minnesota Vikings on MNFB and all he gets is 7 yards rushing!!!  By the way, that was the only week that I have played Gado so far!  So I am gun shy to say the least.  I actually had him on my bench for the >100 yd and 3 TD game against the Falcons.

1199942[/snapback]

This is the problem with Gado. It's been on and off. At least you know JJ will be on the field for the most action. Gado's matchup looks good but he also looked good a couple of weeks ago and got nothing. Until he goes out two weeks in a row and puts up respectable numbers, I think there are more questions around him than around JJ at this point.

This is the problem with Gado.  It's been on and off.  At least you know JJ will be on the field for the most action.  Gado's matchup looks good but he also looked good a couple of weeks ago and got nothing.  Until he goes out two weeks in a row and puts up respectable numbers, I think there are more questions around him than around JJ at this point.

1199948[/snapback]

He has had back-to-back respectable weeks? And 4 good games with scores out of the last 5 games. Just not the week that I played him.

He has had back-to-back respectable weeks?  And 4 good games with scores out of the last 5 games.  Just not the week that I played him.

1200001[/snapback]

And on the other hand, JJ has not scored yet since returning from his ankle injury and has only 3 scores on the entire season. Definitely not a slam-dunk decision either way.

Edited by SaintsFanUnfortunately

Well I have decided on my lineup. I am playing Gado as my flex RB/WR.

I am playing Larry Johnson/DD as my 2 RBs & Plaxico/Hines Ward as my 2 WRs.

I am sitting JJones, Marion, Fred, GJones, Arrington, D. Branch, T. Glenn, & KRob.

My QB is Eli over Fitz; my TE is Gonzo. My K is Elam.

I am playing against Peyton, D. Foster, S. Jackson, J. Galloway, R. Williams, McMichael, A. Johnson, and Nugent.

I like my chances even though my matches aren't the best.

Gado's matchup is better than JJ, period. GB is trying to run the ball because Favre has been pressured too much and throwing INTs. Gado ran well agains the Bears and should do as least as good at home vs. the Lions. If GB can get ahead, Gado should get most of the touches. The biggest downside is his fum...shhhh I am not even going to say it.

Gado has had basically one bad game ( vs Minny ) ..every other game has been solid and last week against Bears on the road he had a total of 87 yards of offense and a TD ...He has a much better match up this weekend and if Favre is as banged up as they say i think they use Gado even more

detroit really is a mess and see no reason why they would put up much of a fight this weekend not to mention i beleive they have given up 5 100 yard rushers already this year ( if not more )

JJ has a much tougher match up against KC who is in top 5 for rush defense and who is playing for a playoff spot ( possible didvison title ) ..throw in the fact that Barber may steal some of JJ's carriers , including goal line ones and I think Gado is the easy choice for you this week

GL