[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Round QB Issues

Collins has been my starter all season. He hasn't been great but at least he was consistantly decent. I'm now left with Trent Green. He's been coming on as of late but I hate his matchup against the Cowboys. I have a feeling that this is going to be a fairly low scoring game. Viable options on the WW are:

Brunell - His production has tailed off as of late. However, they're playing Arizona on the road and Warner has been red hot. I know Washington's defense is strong but this game could turn into a bit of a shootout. One of my big concerns here is that they'll just run Portis all day and Brunell will go like 11 for 18 or something pathetic like that.

Frerotte - He has a favorable matchup against a vulnerable Chargers pass defense. Miami will have to score early and often to stay in this game. Do I really put my championship hopes on Gus Frerotte though?!?

So do I pickup one of these guys from the scrap heap or just stick with Green? We get a point for each completion if that helps.

Got to go with Trent Green, I look for Gonzo to have 80 yards and a score this week and maybe LJ to score on a screen AKA Mike Anderson last week. Brunell hasn't done much lately and puts up really bad games from time to time, but the AZ matchup is pretty good. Collins has been benched. Frerotte is a yank away from Sage Rosenfels hitting the field.

You're right. That's tougher than it looks. I'm not sure if the Jet's passing D is as good as their 6th Overall states. It could be that they are so easy to run against nobody cares to pass against them. I think the main point you need to realize is this:

Marques Tuiasosopo will replace Collins as Oakland 's starting quarterback when the Raiders visit the Jets in Jordan's return to the Meadowlands.

Oakland coach Norv Turner decided to give Tuiasosopo the nod, and suggested the Raiders could be in the market for a new quarterback this offseason.

Collins isn't starting and probably is done as a Raider.

Between Brunell playing AZ and Gus with Sage Rosenfels coming off an unbelievable game when Gus went out with a concussion breathing down his neck - I'd go with Brunell. He SHOULD play the whole game at least and does have the most favorable lineup. The cowboy's passing D is pretty stoudt and they play even better at home. I don't like Green this week.

Edited by pzarvell